• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Skip Beat's English Dub Kickstarter Campaign Casts Robbie Daymond as Ren Tsuruga

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kurohei

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:35 pm Reply with quote
Nice to see him getting many new roles. His work as Sorey was pretty great.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:32 am Reply with quote
My sincere apologies for bringing this up, but there's a bit of an error about the revealing of Ren's voice actor:
ANN wrote:
The Kickstarter campaign for the show's North American release revealed the voice actress once the campaign hit US$120,000.

Anyhow, I'm thrilled that that Robbie is getting to voice more new characters. Smile
traffiktiger

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:58 am Reply with quote
Robbie Daymond was good in The Seven Deadly Sins as Gillthunder & his voice should be a good fit for Ren. I like the casting so far & I'm looking forward to the next choice.
I really hope this Kickstarter makes the upscale hd Blu-ray stretch goal. I recently purchased Higurashi When They Cry. It was also an upscale from the time between cel & hd animation, like Skip Beat! & it looks good. I think Justin Sevakis will do the upscale justice but it will need a lot more backers. If you have not yet back this or are on the fence about it, it is a great show, so please help the Skip Beat! Kickstarter. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/85938147/skip-beat-official-north-american-release?ref=nav_search

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:38 am Reply with quote
This is so awesome! It's going so well I really hope we make it to $155K. Everyone plead donate! It's such a good show. I'm in such an anime mood! Its so exciting
Usagi-kun

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:53 am Reply with quote
Can we get 35K in ten days? I really hope so...

Anybody interested, but still on the fence, at least give the show a look on Crunchyroll. If you are already familiar, reacquaint yourself with how much you would love to put your fist through Sho's face. In English, no less.

Thanks for your time.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:59 am Reply with quote
Usagi-kun wrote:

Anybody interested, but still on the fence, at least give the show a look on Crunchyroll. If you are already familiar, reacquaint yourself with how much you would love to put your fist through Sho's face. In English, no less.

Thanks for your time.
we did get the last $20K in about 2 days so it's possible!. I hope the momentum keeps up.
traffiktiger

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:22 am Reply with quote
#854556 wrote:
Usagi-kun wrote:

Thanks for your time.
we did get the last $20K in about 2 days so it's possible!. I hope the momentum keeps up.

I think we will get funded but the real question is the Blu-ray stretch goal, which will be $64,666 in the next ten days. I'm holding on to hope for it & I think it is doable. Fingers crossed!
Gemnist

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:14 am Reply with quote
Great! Robbie Daymond's a real rising star, and I'm loving his voice enough to make it my character's voice in Xenoblade X (although now I kind of wish I went with Yuri Lowenthal).
Usagi-kun

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:31 pm Reply with quote
traffiktiger wrote:
#854556 wrote:
Usagi-kun wrote:

Thanks for your time.

I think we will get funded but the real question is the Blu-ray stretch goal, which will be $64,666 in the next ten days. I'm holding on to hope for it & I think it is doable. Fingers crossed!

Fingers and toes, my friend. Wink
1dbad

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:44 pm Reply with quote
I really hope it makes the Blu-Ray goal too, but if it could even just get a DVD release I'd be satisfied.

As for the topic at hand... I never thought of Robbie Daymond for Ren, but he should be great! I've been very impressed by everything I've heard him in so far, so I'm happy to see him getting more roles. Very Happy
supersqueak

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:05 pm Reply with quote
*sigh* i only know him from Sailor Moon and I didn't really like him as Mamoru. Ren has a deeper voice and I think his is probably too high to do him any justice.
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:09 pm Reply with quote
#854556 wrote:
Usagi-kun wrote:

Thanks for your time.

Yeah, the way I see it, things are looking up for this campaign. Looks like you're getting the fence-sitters coming in. (Nothing wrong with sitting on the fence with crowdfunding campaigns. I do it all the time.)

traffiktiger wrote:

That can still happen. It'll all come down to the final push at the end.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1