• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Skip Beat's English Dub Kickstarter Campaign Casts Vic Mignogna as Yukihito Yashiro

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gemnist

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:45 pm Reply with quote
Ah... More Vic. Not that that's a bad thing.
GATSU

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:52 pm Reply with quote
Now, if you're a backer, don't get too cocky about Skip Beat's prospects of being funded, just because it's this close to the end. Remember, you're not done 'til it's done.
supersqueak

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:37 pm Reply with quote
UGH No he should have been Sho.
gabuhaha

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:48 pm Reply with quote
I think he's a good choice. His Tamaki is pretty close to Masahito Kawanago's version of Yashiro.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:20 pm Reply with quote
gabuhaha wrote:
I think he's a good choice. His Tamaki is pretty close to Masahito Kawanago's version of Yashiro.
I was thinking that too.Tamakis freak outs were so funny. He will be great as Yashiro.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:31 pm Reply with quote
A week left and still far from the goal this is not looking good. Well, I didn't even think it would make it this far though so I shall remain optimistic.
traffiktiger

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:43 pm Reply with quote
Kruszer wrote:
A week left and still far from the goal this is not looking good. Well, I didn't even think it would make it this far though so I shall remain optimistic.

It will make goal, the stretch goal on the other hand will be harder, but is still very possible. The kickstarter is trending towards $171,315 & is at 85% of the goal with a week left. http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/85938147/skip-beat-official-north-american-release/#chart-daily
Cutiebunny

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 1:27 am Reply with quote
I still remember Vic's disgusting behavior at SakuraCon the last time he was there. Pulled my pledge because of it.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 1:30 am Reply with quote
Cutiebunny wrote:
I still remember Vic's disgusting behavior at SakuraCon the last time he was there. Pulled my pledge because of it.
awww that sucks! But you gotta stick to your values Smile I haven't heard about what he did. I'll have to look it up.
azhanei

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 2:13 am Reply with quote
That's too bad, Cutiebunny. Fwiw, this is the same guy who went to the faith-based convention that was sharing space with Ohayocon and asked them if he could address their attendees about not bullying the anime fans. I hope you reconsider.

As others have said, we're on track to reach the DVD goal, and close to breaking the 1,000 backer line. People said this campaign would be lucky to get 500 backers.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 2:14 am Reply with quote
azhanei wrote:
That's too bad, Cutiebunny. Fwiw, this is the same guy who went to the faith-based convention that was sharing space with Ohayocon and asked them if he could address their attendees about not bullying the anime fans. I hope you reconsider.

As others have said, we're on track to reach the DVD goal, and close to breaking the 1,000 backer line. People said this campaign would be lucky to get 500 backers.
I know it's so awesome! I'm so excited that we are so close to 1000.
TheMorry

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 2:32 am Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
Now, if you're a backer, don't get too cocky about Skip Beat's prospects of being funded, just because it's this close to the end. Remember, you're not done 'til it's done.
Says the cocky person too the decent person. Dont think i like your attitude buddy.
thekingsdinner

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 2:35 am Reply with quote
I really want to donate but unfortunately paypal is not an option and I don't have a credit card Sad I'm hoping for the best for this campaign!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 2:38 am Reply with quote
thekingsdinner wrote:
I really want to donate but unfortunately paypal is not an option and I don't have a credit card Sad I'm hoping for the best for this campaign!
some backers were asking about a pay pal option so maybe there will be a possibility on another website. Pied Piper Inc is going to do an Ask Me Anything on reddit next weekm maybe you could ask Ann about it
ZorinBlitz

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 2:59 am Reply with quote
Cutiebunny wrote:
Care to elaborate before you insult someones character? Otherwise its total nonsense. There are so many youtube videos of Vic Mignogna being ridiculously nice to people. Its quite hard to believe otherwise especially when you don't bother to explain anything.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3