• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Crowdsourcing - Anime/Manga/Merch.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
publicenemy333

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:07 pm Reply with quote
bout a third of the way there. Hope it can keep it up. Hopefully they can get other cool extras to entice more fans to donate, or can continue to find new ways to promote it so we can get this to as many people as possible
GATSU

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:29 am Reply with quote
Update: Skip Beat's finally over the halfway mark. So only $75 k to go.
One-Eye

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:19 am Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
Update: Skip Beat's finally over the halfway mark. So only $75 k to go.

Woah, nice! It had slowed up there for a day or two and I was worried it wouldn't hit halfway till after the weekend. This is pretty good news, so far it stands at $83,393. I hope they can hit the Blu-ray level.
GATSU

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:10 pm Reply with quote
Digital Manga is currently Kickstarting print omnibus editions of KOR here. Meanwhile, about $60,000 and 15 days to go for Skip Beat! And Woodhead has suggested he has a future project in the cards after Riding Bean.
ailblentyn

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:23 pm Reply with quote
Skip Beat! isn't looking too certain to me, unless there's money waiting till the end?
One-Eye

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:38 pm Reply with quote
ailblentyn wrote:
Skip Beat! isn't looking too certain to me, unless there's money waiting till the end?

There's usually a bump in pledges the last day or two. However, I'm a little nervous as well. There seems to be a fair amount of KS having to do with anime and manga in the first third of this year and I wonder if they are impacting each other. I would like to have seen Skip Beat! already have hit 100K. If it doesn't make it it will be a shame considering the effort many people have put in to pass the word on about it even thru flyers at B&M stores.

I think the show could have been licensed sub only and had modest success kind of like what Discotek did with Lovely Complex. The dub requirement makes it tough. I think they could have KS and had a dub as a stretch goal. Even if Pied Piper didn't make that stretch goal they could have had money for a release at least. Well, I'm crossing my fingers that it gets a big bump in the next two weeks.

currently $96,440
ailblentyn

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:03 pm Reply with quote
Crossing my fingers too! I wish I knew anyone who would care to spread word of the campaign to, myself.
GATSU

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:16 pm Reply with quote
A little over $40 k left for Skip Beat, with only ~ 11 days to go. Meanwhile, Digital Manga's gotten the first KOR book funded. So if you want the rest, you know what to do. Remember, that even if DMP doesn't get all the KOR books published, Matsumoto still wins, because he can use the money, due to his spinal condition. So he appreciates your support more than you think.
st_owly

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:10 pm Reply with quote
It's a shame Skip Beat isn't available internationally. I bet they would've already hit the goal if it was.
GATSU

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:05 pm Reply with quote
Twenty-four thousand to go for Skip Beat, but no new voice actor unlocked yet. They must be doing this on the fly.

Edit: Looks like Vic Mignogna is playing Yukihito Yashiro. Only a week left to go, btw.

As for KOR, $12,000 to the next stretch goal.
azhanei

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 2:51 pm Reply with quote
The Skip Beat Kickstarter has released plans for improving the subtitle, and it's knocking on the door of 1,000 backers. http://kck.st/25RtguL
GATSU

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:08 pm Reply with quote
$20,000 to go for Skip Beat, $5,000 for the next voice actor. And $10,000 for the next KOR book.

Update: A little over $15,000 left for Skip Beat, and $2,000 to unlock the next voice actor. And six days to go.

Update 2: $15,000 to go, but no Takarada voice actor announced yet. However, there's a Reddit session planned for Monday.
nubguy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:00 pm Reply with quote
With it coming down to the last 5 days here, I've decided to throw my support in for this kickstarter. The voice cast is looking phenomenal so far, including Vic Mignogna, also known as Edward Elric from Fullmetal Alchemist. It has extremely high ratings and is considered to be one of the best anime of all time by many. I am really looking forward to checking this one out once it gets released.

From Kickstarter:
96% of the 14,000-plus ratings on Crunchyroll are 5 out of 5 stars. For thousands of fans, Skip Beat! is a near perfect anime. On My Anime List it ranks #205 - that's in the top 0.02% of ALL ANIME SERIES EVER! Anime News Network gave the series Grade A and calls it a "full-course feast of fiendishly addictive entertainment for all ages and sexes."

I really hope it makes the stretch goal for the bluray as well. I was going to go with the DVD only pledge, but I ended up going with the option that allowed for the upgrade to bluray once the stretch goal is met. I also just wanted to help support the show and of dubs in general.

If you haven't done so already, I encourage you to head over to Kickstarter and fund this awesome anime. It looks like it's going to be really good! Please, show your support!

[url]://www.kickstarter.com/projects...rican-release/[url][/url]
GATSU

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:22 pm Reply with quote
Ten thousand to go with the extended dub cast listed here.
WTK

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:39 pm Reply with quote
https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/4ednmi/hello_i_am_ann_yamamoto_president_of_pied_piper/d1z8apf?context=3
Quote:
Are you planning on opening a PayPal option for Skip Beat! once the Kickstarter is comfortably funded?

Good question!
Yes, after we get to the $155K funding goal, I will open up a Paypal option; and then I'll manually post the amounts we get via Paypal and count those funds toward the $185K bluray stretch goal.
What you think?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 24 of 30