• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
A Certain Magical Index Producer: 3rd Anime Season Is 'Plausible'

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
theNightster

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:28 pm Reply with quote
don't tease me like that, I want more Index anime
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:02 pm Reply with quote
Let this happen soon
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:16 pm Reply with quote
ultimatehaki wrote:
No railgun season? Why not, the 2nd season was amazing. Easily the best one out of all 4 seasons. Even the filler was enjoyable.

Personally, if it would be another speed mode LN run down like Index S2, I would much rather have railgun 3. That should have Liberal Arts City and hopefully Daihaseisai which would mean getting a certain hidden thing animated.

Though a non rushed Battle Royal and Aqua would be pretty awesome...
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:21 pm Reply with quote
SilverTalon01 wrote:
Personally, if it would be another speed mode LN run down like Index S2, I would much rather have railgun 3. That should have Liberal Arts City and hopefully Daihaseisai which would mean getting a certain hidden thing animated.

You mean boring filler and the Daihaseisai. And also a couple of episodes of tea drinking in the middle of the Daihaseisai, in case you forget this is an anime about little girls and goddammit they need to be cute.

I'd consider a 6 volumes-24 episodes adaptation of Index S3 the ideal. I can't see them going for much more than that, too, considering what volumes 20~22 are. Maybe SS2 could get in there but it's a pretty strange format to be adapted straight-forwardly and it doesn't really fit in the story until later so I could see it being web flash episodes or BD specials instead.
Azmodeus

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:21 pm Reply with quote
So, what do we need to do to get his 3rd season? Arrange multiple idols according to some weird diagram? Punch someones illusions? Use the cross thingy to declaire the Index our domain??

Why yes, i'm a fan. Hence the pain.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:28 pm Reply with quote
What else does Dengeki have a chance with? Heavy Object bombed, though I guess they can always go back to Sword Art Online. Does Progressive have enough content for a series? And I think the Oreimo writer has another novel out that would probably be adapted as well.

Index 3 will come if Dengeki Bunko wants money. In other words, Index 3 will come.
BlackPoint.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:45 pm Reply with quote
Personnaly i kinda never finished index dunno why though might pick it up but railgun was really good i enjoyed every episode of it.
Also this whole teasing i think its going to happen this 3rd season specialy since he went away doin his own company perhaps at old one he couldnt make it happen so he moved away thats just me guessing but else yeh i do believe that 3rd season for 2017 is highly possible
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:09 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
What else does Dengeki have a chance with? Heavy Object bombed, though I guess they can always go back to Sword Art Online. Does Progressive have enough content for a series? And I think the Oreimo writer has another novel out that would probably be adapted as well.

Index 3 will come if Dengeki Bunko wants money. In other words, Index 3 will come.

I didn't realize HO bombed. Thats sad to hear; I liked it quite a bit.

Progressive has the 4th volume coming out shortly so there is enough for an anime. Zashiki Warashi and Blood Sign which are also by Kamachi have 9 and 4 volumes respectively.

There is also the possibility they'd opt to animate one of their up and coming series to boost novel sales.

killjoy_the wrote:
You mean boring filler and the Daihaseisai. And also a couple of episodes of tea drinking in the middle of the Daihaseisai, in case you forget this is an anime about little girls and goddammit they need to be cute.

LAC isn't filler. It introduces Xochitl, gives more information to her backstory that comes up in Index, and shows her connection with Saten that comes up in Daihaseisai. And the specific reason Mikoto is sent there ties into the larger Index picture since spoiler[AC is trying to get the cooperative institutions under control before WW3.] So no, it isn't filler. It is well connected to the main raildex story.
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:12 pm Reply with quote
What I meant is the anime staff will not animate the LN, instead deciding to make some filler again, like in S2.

Zashiki Warashi is over, and never seemed like a big seller, so I don't think it'll ever get an anime. Blood Sign I think has better chances of getting one, since it's publishing currently.
BlackPoint.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:15 pm Reply with quote
SilverTalon01 wrote:
Megiddo wrote:

I didn't realize HO bombed. Thats sad to hear; I liked it quite a bit.

umm yeh it sold kinda meh, this are the sells so far

vol1 1,148
vol2 1,432
vol3 1,392
vol4 1,429
vol5 info for it we will get next week but probably gonna sell around the same nr overall there will be 8volumes as i know....
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:28 pm Reply with quote
BlackPoint. wrote:
umm yeh it sold kinda meh, this are the sells so far

vol1 1,148
vol2 1,432
vol3 1,392
vol4 1,429
vol5 info for it we will get next week but probably gonna sell around the same nr overall there will be 8volumes as i know....

What about LN sales though? They spike up or not much of a noticeable increase?

killjoy_the wrote:
What I meant is the anime staff will not animate the LN, instead deciding to make some filler again, like in S2.

Ah, ok. S2 ended with them mentioning LAC though. I don't think they would skip it. I'm sure they would find a way to put plenty of SoL garbage in there somehow though...

killjoy_the wrote:
Zashiki Warashi is over, and never seemed like a big seller, so I don't think it'll ever get an anime. Blood Sign I think has better chances of getting one, since it's publishing currently.

I didn't realize ZW was over so I'd have to agree on that. Blood Sign also sounds like it would fit pretty well in the school action LN adaption anime mold. I mean I don't know that is a good thing as far as quality, but a lot of those get adapted into anime.
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:32 pm Reply with quote
HO was selling in the 20-thousands before the anime, and kept on selling in the 20-thousands while it was airing and after it aired.
drifty1

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:19 pm Reply with quote
I'm going to give it my up vote. Hooray for another season of either of them...I would even go for one centered around Accelerator...
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:29 pm Reply with quote
drifty1 wrote:
I'm going to give it my up vote. Hooray for another season of either of them...I would even go for one centered around Accelerator...

Sadly, Accelerator's series is pretty boring. He is also surprisingly absent from a big chunk. Probably because it is hard to build up suspense with a MC that can trash everyone effortlessly. I think he should have made it start quite a bit later in the timeline. Like maybe after spoiler[WW3] or Hawaii since they could throw some high end magic side enemies at him. There isn't much in AC on his level that isn't related to the larger Index plot directly.
Zalis116

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:13 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Funimation has released all of the A Certain Magical Index and A Certain Scientific Railgun anime in North America.
A number of OVAs associated with the Railgun series would disagree, as they've never made it to any of Funi's releases.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3