• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
A Certain Magical Index Producer: 3rd Anime Season Is 'Plausible'

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
whitesox123

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:35 pm Reply with quote
I'd rather have HO S2 over Index S3.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:47 pm Reply with quote
More 'Index'? That's always a good thing. I really need to sit down and watch the series from the beginning again. I now own all 3 collected seasons sets. Just waiting for 'Index II'.
Sobe

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:59 pm Reply with quote
Azmodeus wrote:
So, what do we need to do to get his 3rd season? Arrange multiple idols according to some weird diagram? Punch someones illusions? Use the cross thingy to declaire the Index our domain??

Why yes, i'm a fan. Hence the pain.

Ahahahaha, the ONLY thing I understood was the cross thingy and that's so funny.
PenguinPimp89

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:58 pm Reply with quote
SilverTalon01 wrote:
Ah, ok. S2 ended with them mentioning LAC though. I don't think they would skip it. I'm sure they would find a way to put plenty of SoL garbage in there somehow though...

Yeah, so far the trend for railgun has been one canon arc and one filler arc per season. The director of Railgun likes to do a filler arc as a vanity project, he likes creating his own original content and it's usually always garbage. In fact, he didn't even want to adapt the Sisters arc, which is judged to be the best arc in the series.

It's unfortunate too, because there was plenty of material to do more canon arcs in Railgun Season 2 (like LAC & more) and we could have saw that, but he instead decided on filler so who could have more creative power instead. So we end up getting filler arcs, which doesn't allow for real character development and protagonist doing things out of character, which will all have to be retroactively removed.

That being said though, I would like to see a Railgun season 3, just so it can finally catch up to Season 2 of Index. That'll be nice to have before Index 3.
AnimeLordLuis

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:01 am Reply with quote
A third season of Index or Railgun would be fantastic so until they make an announcement I'll try to contain my excitement. Very Happy
Catseyetiger

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:10 am Reply with quote
Also came for me index saw spice an wolf new novels! Very happy
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:46 am Reply with quote
PenguinPimp89 wrote:
Yeah, so far the trend for railgun has been one canon arc and one filler arc per season. The director of Railgun likes to do a filler arc as a vanity project, he likes creating his own original content and it's usually always garbage. In fact, he didn't even want to adapt the Sisters arc, which is judged to be the best arc in the series.

Study was kind of bad, but neither that or Theristina's arc in S1 are really filler. Especially Theristina's arc. The whole save the kids part of the level upper arc is kind of an important part of finishing up that story. I mean that was the underlying reason for everything so how can concluding it be filler? Also while he may not have been heavily involved, I'm pretty sure Kamachi had a hand in it.

Study I can sort of see qualifying as filler because Shinobu was really just an accessory to the sisters arc, and the Study arc only fleshes out her situation and does not actually relate to the sisters arc storyline itself.

That said, I was pretty annoyed about the Study arc's existence. They name dropped the LAC arc during the sisters arc so I really expected them to use the rest of the season on that and add some additional SoL fluff.
Re:SOUL

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:11 am Reply with quote
I feel like the show isn't doing a lot right. Yeah, it's interesting ton an extent but, for an anime about a character named Index she is terribly underused and pretty much non-existent for a large chunk of the series. Railgun is far more entertaining.
jr240483

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:45 am Reply with quote
GEO9875 wrote:
If it happens, hopefully its a brodcast dub pick by Funimation

that unfortunately is gonna be 50/50. unfortunately index wasnt as popular as railgun. so the worst case scenario is that it suffers the same fate as Hell Girl and gets licensed by Sentai/Section 23 and received the sub only treatment.

and considering on how season 2 ended,trying to have a third season start and be as faithful towards the story arcs of the original source materials will be kinda tricky.

whereas a possible season three for railgun might not have those issues cause it would be more than likely they will do the science side of the daihasei festival arc first then the liberty arts city afterwards.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ali07

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:32 am Reply with quote
Thatguy3331 wrote:
I'd probably go back to it if only to see bigfoot itself at this point.

Agreed. I've been waiting for a 3rd season for a lot less time than some...but have already become jaded. Laughing
Azmodeus

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:37 am Reply with quote
Re:SOUL wrote:
I feel like the show isn't doing a lot right. Yeah, it's interesting ton an extent but, for an anime about a character named Index she is terribly underused and pretty much non-existent for a large chunk of the series. Railgun is far more entertaining.

A sad effect of the LN market using the 1st volume as a "pilot" of sorts. A whole lot of series ends up having a name that is only really about the 1st volume.
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:49 am Reply with quote
jr240483 wrote:
and considering on how season 2 ended,trying to have a third season start and be as faithful towards the story arcs of the original source materials will be kinda tricky.

I don't see why. Start with volume 14 about France. It is the next book and is a direct follow up of the attack on AC by god's right seat and Accel being forced into working for AC's dark side.

jr240483 wrote:
whereas a possible season three for railgun might not have those issues cause it would be more than likely they will do the science side of the daihasei festival arc first then the liberty arts city afterwards.

If they're going to do LAC, it kind of needs to be first. LAC is where Saten meets Xochitl which comes up in Daihaseisai. Now they could rewrite that part to remove Xochitl entirely, but if they were intending to do both, that seems silly.
EternalAbyss

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:00 pm Reply with quote
I hope if they decide to do season 3 they adapt the WW III Arc and maybe Magic God Arc.
ACVGaimzVincent

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:49 pm Reply with quote
AnimeLordLuis wrote:
A third season of Index or Railgun would be fantastic so until they make an announcement I'll try to contain my excitement. Very Happy

My idea would be to merge them both at the point railgun catches up (could be a pretty easy 6-8 episodes to get next to index) and switch between the two every couple episodes once they meet each other in story progress.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3