• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Yo-kai Watch 2 Games Head to U.S. in September After 2nd Anime Season's Summer Debut

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 9:55 pm Reply with quote
Yay, more games for me to get!
Mew Berry

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 10:39 pm Reply with quote
In response to the dub edits: yeah, they're there, but the dub still leaves in lot of stuff that most localized anime wouldn't, especially kids' shows. I'm often surprised that certain jokes didn't get cut.
Dlancy1096

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 12:02 am Reply with quote
Stuart Smith wrote:
Cetais wrote:
There's a total of 2 censored scenes in the anime. This one, and another one to make it seems less perverted. In 26 episodes. .
In the two or three dub episode I have seen alone there have been a lot more than just two edits. Every instance of NyaKB48 was censored by turning their swimwear into street clothes, and they showed up more than 2 times by themselves. Jinmenken also had all his instances of urinating on screen removed, drinking booze turned into 'toilet water', and in general toned down his pervertedness with women. I also remember Kanchi's butt being covered up. Then of course that macho man scene that was mentioned. So it was definately a lot more than just 2 edits.

Since the toy line is going to be focusing on the Zero line, I guess that means they have no plans to release the Fumi version of the watch? My friend was disappointed when the girl version never came out here.

-Stuart Smith

Well, what else do people expect them to do? The U.S. and Japan have different standards for what's appropriate for kids, so what may be acceptable in Japan may be a no-go in the U.S. And the edits hardly affected the episodes anyway. They still kept in the fact that they were watching an adult fanservice show in the sleepover episode. They're at least trying to get by as much as they can.
CallumKeyblade

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 2:31 pm Reply with quote
We only just got the first one in EU! Hopefully we won't have to wait as long for the 2nd one to make it over here...
penguintruth

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 5:02 pm Reply with quote
The game was a lot better than I expected. I'd definitely consider getting the next one.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
epicwizard

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 10:37 pm Reply with quote
It's great that Yo-Kai Watch 2 is being released here in the US! Though, I still gotta beat the first game (I haven't played it in a while).

And I'm excited for Season 2 this summer and the upcoming DVD release of Season 1! I'm really liking the dub of the anime so far and I definitely want own it on DVD! Hopefully, the DVD release has the 1 minute and 30 second version of the Gera Gera Po Song instead of the shortened 1 minute version seen on the Disney Anime hyper broadcast and has the Yo-Kai recap segments.

By the way, I didn't know Yo-Kai Watch trading cards existed.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2