• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Gust Launches Teaser Site For New Atelier Project

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
belvadeer

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 9:43 am Reply with quote
Already another title in the works? You'd think they would slow down a little, unless they want Atelier to become like the Tales series and start losing quality faster in places.
DLH112

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 12:16 pm Reply with quote
belvadeer wrote:
Already another title in the works? You'd think they would slow down a little, unless they want Atelier to become like the Tales series and start losing quality faster in places.

The series has always been annual, or at least almost.
manapear

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 12:50 pm Reply with quote
What DLH112 said, as far as new titles and remakes, pretty much.

I want to be excited, but after Sophie and the way Dusk was handled after Ayesha, I'm still curious but not at all pumped. Maybe if it's not a Sophie sequel, and they change artists, I'll be excited. But those two things would already squash any potential excitement.

I wish they would do something similar to the DS era as well, and put more traditional-styled games on the 3DS. I hear the DS games didn't do well and I get hesitation because of that, but JRPGs are doing great on the 3DS right now so it's a good time. (And I hope they don't think the Rorona remake was a good way to test the waters. /eyeroll)

At the least, it's nice to see references to the older games, though I feel like I only saw as old as Viorate/Violet, and I don't know how randomized those images are, but there was a focus on Viorate and Shallie. I wonder how intentional that is, if at all?
H. Guderian

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 1:49 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, annual series pretty much. I just hope to see fewer of those delayed remakes. Those are kinda annoying. Because I know no matter what, whatever I buy it'll be out of date and I'll need to rebuy the game before the next one. Oh, and a move to PC would be hella nice.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 3:12 pm Reply with quote
I just feel like every time I turn around, another Atelier title is announced. Whenever we're awaiting the English release of the last one, they're already on their way to the next entry.
Primus

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 6:33 pm Reply with quote
H. Guderian wrote:
Yeah, annual series pretty much. I just hope to see fewer of those delayed remakes. Those are kinda annoying. Because I know no matter what, whatever I buy it'll be out of date and I'll need to rebuy the game before the next one. Oh, and a move to PC would be hella nice.

Unless they plan on going back to the PS2 (or earlier) entries, the expanded Vita re-releases are done. Gust finished porting the PS3 entries with Shallie Plus earlier this year. Sophie was available on handheld day-1, and I imagine the next game will be too.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1