• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
RWBY Volume 1 in Theaters! Who wants to go?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MuseBlaze

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:32 pm Reply with quote
Maybe you have or haven't heard of this western anime called, "RWBY" created by Rooster Teeth, the creators of the longest running sci-fi web series, "Red vs Blue." Last year RWBY was brought to Japan by Warner Brothers Japan and dubbed and released to the public with well-known voice actors such Yu Shimamura (Attack on Titan's Annie) and Ami Koshimizu (Kill la Kill's Ryuko).

RWBY recently wrapped up their third Volume in February and now, in preparation for Volume 4 premiering later this year, they are bringing Volumes 1, 2 and 3 to theaters around the world!

Volume 1 Tickets have already gone on sale at [url]TeamRWBY.com[/url] in Canada, the United States, UK, Ireland, Australia and New Zealand.

I've got tickets to go to the one in Dallas, TX but there are tickets to so many places! I'm excited to get my friends to come with me and make a night out of it. Smile

If you're looking for something to do with your friends Wednesday April 27th, this could be a lot of fun to go and see an entire season in a theater.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:09 pm Reply with quote
Maybe if it comes out locally here and I had some disposable income, but otherwise I don't see much point since I have volumes 1 and 2 on Blu-ray already so I can just watch those whenever I want. I still need to watch season 3 though.
Gatherum

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:20 am Reply with quote
Kruszer wrote:
Maybe if it comes out locally here and I had some disposable income, but otherwise I don't see much point since I have volumes 1 and 2 on Blu-ray already so I can just watch those whenever I want. I still need to watch season 3 though.

Season 3 continues the general RWBY trend of raising the bar from the previous season(s). The difference is--and I know this is rather cliché to say--that shit actually gets real this time around. Go watch it immediately; you're doing yourself a disservice as it stands.

As for the theatre news, I don't see much of a point, but I suppose that thinking of it in terms of "making a night" sort of makes it all the more appealing. I won't be going, but maybe if the attendees are lucky, they'll get a teaser for volume 4 or something when it's all over.

Meanwhile, I'm just sitting here, waiting on the Japanese release of volume 2. Their release of volume 1 was absolutely gorgeous, and surprisingly affordable for an imported BD set from Japan.
t-Roy

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 8:33 pm Reply with quote
Yes, I am also anxiously awaiting the Japanese LE release for RWBY Season 2, and beyond... I assume no word yet on when S2 will be releasing? I'm guessing sometime this fall... One thing you can count on with these Japanese sets that you certainly can't with most US domestic anime releases - the JP box sets will actually match each other and look great lined up on your shelf! Take that, Funimation... Rolling Eyes
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1