• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Strike Witches Spinoff Anime Brave Witches Reveals Cast, Theme Song Artist

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
7jaws7

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 10:24 pm Reply with quote
Sweet, Rina Satou is gonna be awesome as the commander! Very Happy
AnimeLordLuis

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 2:33 am Reply with quote
Can't wait for this new version of Strike Witches to premiere, fall will definitely be interesting simulcast season indeed. Very Happy
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 4:47 am Reply with quote
OK, visually, I think Kanno who's the girl with the scarf and scars has enough going for her to make her own series. That would work for me, a single character POV story, rather than a repeat of the "Who are we? This is!" ensemble premise that was the first season.

Because beyond her, it's like the first cast but only much blander because they're not named after fighter pilots or ones I know at least. It also doesn't seem to be as Allied-Axis minded as the basic premise of the franchise which was "WWII takes a break to fight aliens. Together. With animal girls, why not?"
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 6:49 am Reply with quote
Animegomaniac wrote:

Because beyond her, it's like the first cast but only much blander because they're not named after fighter pilots or ones I know at least.

I would say more likely the latter. I picked one of the more obvious gender-swapped names (Georgette Lemare ) and looked up the actual male counterpart:
https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=fr&u=https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georges_Lemare&prev=search

Note that he actually served with a French unit operating in the Soviet Union for a time near the end of the war. That is some attention to detail, given that the Brave Witches are a unit operating out of Orussia, the obvious equivalent to the Soviet Union.
ernie2492

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 7:36 am Reply with quote
The Im@s Witches.. Very Happy

And Rossmann is Mina..
Relairknight

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 7:55 am Reply with quote
They wear pants/skirts now? Thank god, that was so weird. I love me some fanservice but that was ridiculous lol.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1