• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Overlord's 11th Light Novel Bundles Anime Blu-ray Disc

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BlackPoint.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 6:01 am Reply with quote
Nice nice but i want that 2nd season !!!!!!!!!!!! cmon madhouse this anime had one of the most steady disc sales in while now and was around 11k each volume Anime hyper
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 6:38 am Reply with quote
BlackPoint. wrote:
cmon madhouse this anime had one of the most steady disc sales in while now and was around 11k each volume Anime hyper

I would think Kadokawa would have more to say about whether there is a second series than Madhouse.

Per animenewsnetwork.com/answerman/2016-03-02/.99287 :
Quote:
Who is NOT part of the production committee? The animation studios are very rarely part of it. Usually they're simply contract labor, hired to make the show based on the requests of the committee.
Thespacemaster

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 8:03 am Reply with quote
Damn it man..first off...i am happy that we got soemthing more anime even if it is jus tthe pledias shorts anime.

Second it is also great that the next volume is only 4 months aways since vol 10 took about a year to come out at least now he is keeping with his promise of at least 2 volumes per year.

But cmon man...we need a s2 of this show..at the very least make either an ova or movie..especially the two cd dramas as well as volume 4 they would make great material for an ova or movie...i mean irregular magical high school. got one why not this one.
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 9:46 am Reply with quote
afaik, only the lizard man arc is left, so it's better to wait for a second season while timing it so it clears the lightnovel stock.
ichii_1

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 10:38 am Reply with quote
TheAncientOne wrote:

I would think Kadokawa would have more to say about whether there is a second series than Madhouse.

Madhouse is in the production committee.

http://blog.livedoor.jp/anime_in/archives/36363671.html
Bisuketto

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 12:23 pm Reply with quote
maximilianjenus wrote:
afaik, only the lizard man arc is left, so it's better to wait for a second season while timing it so it clears the lightnovel stock.

There are three, main arcs left and a volume of side stories not counting the newest volume 10. You could break the seasons into volume 4-6 for season 2, volume 7 and 8 for season 3, and volume 9 could actually make a full season itself, if they did it right.
Dayblack

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 4:57 pm Reply with quote
BlackPoint. wrote:
Nice nice but i want that 2nd season !!!!!!!!!!!! cmon madhouse this anime had one of the most steady disc sales in while now and was around 11k each volume Anime hyper

First they have to make an OVA, to fix the important things that jumped in the first season.
Enturax

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 6:08 am Reply with quote
Why people are liking this? Boring/stereotypical characters (except for the main one), mediocre animations, dissapointing story (pretty much nothing has been explained since the beginning). You guys are too easy to be pleased. Probably because other current animes are ripping off from each other too much, so you feel that this is somehow original(?). It's pretty sad, honestly...
scubasteve28

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:16 pm Reply with quote
BlackPoint. wrote:

https://www.change.org/p/e-info-madhouse-co-jp-we-all-ask-you-to-create-the-second-series-of-overlord-you-create-it-we-buy-agreement-reached

worth a shot i guess
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1