• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Boom Boom Satellites' Latest Release Will Be Band's Last Work

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KH91

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 11:50 pm Reply with quote
Damn. I like BBS. Very unfortunate that it had to come to an end, but I'm glad their final was finished. I wish them good fortune in the future. Thank you for the amazing songs you guys made.
Koda89

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 11:51 pm Reply with quote
No! Crying or Very sad

That's just awful, man. From the way Nakano makes it sound like, it doesn't seem Kawashima will be with us much longer. Sad

Still, Kawashima left us on a high note(artistically speaking) as "Lay Your Hands On Me" is my favorite song from the group.

Plus, I gotta tip my hat to how much of a fighter Kawashima seems to have been. This is after all his fourth brain tumor relapse he is dealing with. I can't imagine fighting brain cancer once, let alone multiple times.
jaykayjk10

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 11:51 pm Reply with quote
Damn, partial paralysis from 4 brain tumor replases? At least the band gets to go out with an awesome track in "Lay Your Hands On Me," and hopefully that vocalist/guitarist can get healthy.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:22 am Reply with quote
Really sad to see this. So many great bands disbanding and great musicians dying lately, it feels like. I hope he can live the rest of his life happily and without too much pain. He accomplished a lot and brought joy to so many around the world.
Alabaster Spectrum

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:38 am Reply with quote
Well damn, they were one of the few Sony Music acts featured a lot in anime that I actually kind of liked. Dealing with a fourth round of chemo is just too much.
Afezeria

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:13 am Reply with quote
I am not familiar with their work but I do knew well enough to realized that they are definitely one of the most influential Japanese band around. Hope that Mr. Michiyuki Kawashima live the remainder of his life in peace with his family, or better yet, manage to get heal altogether. All the best of luck for the members of this band.
harminia

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:25 am Reply with quote
Wow, this is really sad. I can't say I know the band's works well (though if I heard a song I might recognise it), but this is sad on a different level to a band simply disbanding. A fourth relapse? That's terrible. While I sincerely wish for Michiyuki's recovery, it sounds like he's not getting better and has resigned himself to his fate. If that is the case, I hope the rest of his life is peaceful and send my early condolences to his family and friends.
That said, I really hope he can pull through and not have any more relapses. Four is just too cruel.

To echo Nakano's words, thank you! You've done your best!
Shinigami-Seishou

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:18 am Reply with quote
Noo this is awful! They are so good! Absolutely love Lay your Hands on Me, I was blown away by how fun it was to listen to. Best OP of the season for sure Smile I am so excited for the release.
ChrissyC

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:21 am Reply with quote
That is sad.
doctordoom85

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:39 am Reply with quote
My deepest condolences to Masayuki Nakano, his fellow band members and his family and friends. I hope the tumor can be treated but if not I hope his remaining time will be with as little pain as possible. The band can take pride that they gave us such an awesome closing note as Kiznaiver's OP (song and animation) is absolutely fantastic.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:37 am Reply with quote
Very sad that 2016 has become the year of so many musicians dying and bands/ idol groups breaking apart. If there's any consolation in all of this, at least BBS will be ending on a high note. Still, it's really sad that it had to end like this, as it seems that Mr. Nakano-san is on his last moments on this Earth. Sad I hope that the time he has left will be of little pain.
Agent355

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:30 am Reply with quote
I saw this on Twitter last night. This is heartbreaking. I hope the album (or at least the excellent single "Lay Your Hands on Me") get an international release so fans all over the world can show their support.
relyat08

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:32 pm Reply with quote
Wow, that statement is heartbreaking as hell...

This was the first Japanese band that I really got into back in like 2009 and man, their stuff has always been so top notch. I can't even imagine something like this. The description of Kawashima is utterly tragic. I hope he is able to be happy for as long as he lives. Something like this would break me. I hope he is a stronger man than I.
phoenixalia

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:54 pm Reply with quote
I'm in tears right now. Such tragic events...
It sounds like he might not make it but...please, somehow...God, I hope he does.
jdnation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:08 pm Reply with quote
Dang, sad to hear.

I was looking forward to seeing another full album with Lay your Hands on me. But I guess it'll be a short one. Very understandable considering the circumstances.

An official video was released with a short portion of the song:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Krem4GHmmxg

I only own two of their albums so far:
Full of Elevating Pleasures
Exposed

I haven't checked out the other ones. Got interested in them from anime theme songs (Appleseed, Xam'd etc.) and also video game trailers (Gran Turismo).

Wish them all the best. I look forward to importing their final CD.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2