• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Seven Seas Licenses Ghost Diary Manga, Expands to NOOK Digital Platform

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sunflower

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:52 pm Reply with quote
Awwww come on, Seven Seas, Nook is a dead platform. I don't want to buy something that will be obsolete in the next couple of years. At least throw Kindle into the mix. This looks like something I'd buy.
adam_omega

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:23 pm Reply with quote
sunflower wrote:
Awwww come on, Seven Seas, Nook is a dead platform. I don't want to buy something that will be obsolete in the next couple of years. At least throw Kindle into the mix. This looks like something I'd buy.

We have our ebooks on Bookwalker, Comixology, Kindle, and Nook.
sunflower

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:30 pm Reply with quote
adam_omega wrote:
sunflower wrote:

We have our ebooks on Bookwalker, Comixology, Kindle, and Nook.

YAY!

Though sadly I just looked for 3 I want RIGHT NOW and I don't see them in the Kindle store, Toradora, Blood Alone (I already have your pbs of this which are lovely but want an ecopy too), and The Ancient Magus' Bride (same as Blood Alone). Any word if they're coming soon?
Ali07

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:44 am Reply with quote
Well, Ghost Diary sounds interesting. The Nook news does nothing for me, as I don't read manga digitally.

Ah, and seeing Blood Alone mentioned makes me sad...too bad that we won't see the end of that series in print/English.
n3koryuu

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:56 am Reply with quote
A note about how to defeat ghost left by missing sister? Sounds like Ghost at School with modern touch lol
Blackwolf0925

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:24 am Reply with quote
Ali07 wrote:
Well, Ghost Diary sounds interesting. The Nook news does nothing for me, as I don't read manga digitally.

Ah, and seeing Blood Alone mentioned makes me sad...too bad that we won't see the end of that series in print/English.

Darn it I was hoping to finish collecting that in print. Well now a days I can understand why some things won't get a print. Not unlike back when Tokyopop went under, still have not finished Tsukuyomi: Moon Phase. Confused
Ali07

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:45 am Reply with quote
From what I can gather, with Blood Alone, is that the series lost it's publisher in Japan. Which ended the deal Seven Seas had in place. Seven Seas have already said they won't be making a new deal for the series, and I think that the mangaka ended up going the self publishing route in order to finish the series.

Not a series I had been collecting myself (as it was "dead" by the time I started collecting manga), but definitely one I would've gotten into if I had not found out about it's early demise.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:18 am Reply with quote
Well, I hope Seven Seas adds more of their ongoing series to the digital platform. Still waiting on Magical Girl Apocalypse and Pandora in the Crimson Shell.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1