• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Fate/Extella's Limited Edition Comes with 3D Saber Bride Mousepad

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KH91

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:18 pm Reply with quote
You had me at mousepad.
Razor/Edge

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:15 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Marvelous announced it would change the costume for "several reasons."

I'm guessing someone determined it looked too much like a Nazi uniform and they had to change it.
nobody knows

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:30 pm Reply with quote
look at dat gilgamash Shocked
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:32 pm Reply with quote
Should've been a Tamamo mousepad.
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:07 pm Reply with quote
Oh sure, in another Extella thread for an article mentioning Nero I get a part of my post edited to put a comment about it being Nero not Arthur in spoiler tags. But this article mentions the exact same thing with no spoiler warnings.

Anyway, those are some nice extras. ~$200 is a bit much for a special edition game though for me. Too bad on the Gil outfit. Thats pretty funny, and it definitely suits him. I'm still waiting for a gameplay trailer though... Teasing characters and extras seems like it would be more effective after showing people a game that would be fun to play. I guess Fate sells well enough on the name alone though.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:21 pm Reply with quote
A very impressive package that would be hard for the average collector to pass up. Smile

Quote:
The Gilgamesh costume was originally announced as the "Coldhearted Bloodless Warden" costume, a black, military outfit with red and gold accents. Marvelous announced it would change the costume for "several reasons."

Possibly to distance the costume from any perceived references to Nazi uniforms?
0seveN

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:24 pm Reply with quote
SilverTalon01 wrote:
Oh sure, in another Extella thread for an article mentioning Nero I get a part of my post edited to put a comment about it being Nero not Arthur in spoiler tags. But this article mentions the exact same thing with no spoiler warnings.

Yeah, the whole hero identity = spoiler mindset is going to need to be adjusted. Since Fate/Grand Order is so big and makes no attempt to hide real names, the identity of any Servant added to is going to be considered public knowledge. That's obviously the way TM is looking at it too (CCC still called the Servants by their class in promos, Extella straight up tells you their names).

Last edited by 0seveN on Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Chrysostomus

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:30 pm Reply with quote
Oh come on Japan, this coming from the country that published that one magazine of famous 20th-century dictators re-imagined as cute lolis.
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:33 pm Reply with quote
0seveN wrote:
SilverTalon01 wrote:

Yeah, the whole hero identity = spoiler mindset is going to need to be adjusted. Since Fate/Grand Order is so big and makes no attempt to hide real names, the identity of any Servant added to is going to be considered public knowledge. That's obviously the way TM is looking at it too (CCC still called the Servants by their class in promos, Extella straight up tells you their names).

Makes me wonder what the policy will be come the inevitable Apocrypha anime. Technically the Servant identities are spoilers, but given that most of them are in FGO and have their identities blown in-story in a volume or two, I wonder how hard ANN would crack down on them.
AksaraKishou

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:39 pm Reply with quote
Found a pretty convincing attempt to explain Gil's wardrobe change on reddit.
Read "Timpeni"'s post (probably the first one).

www.reddit.com/r/grandorder/comments/4mcb1w/fateextella_devs_are_modifying_the_design_of_gils/
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:04 pm Reply with quote
SilverTalon01 wrote:

For starters we mods enforce the rules, we don't make them nor do we have control over editorial content. So if a spoiler is in an article that's Zac's department not ours. Users are expected to follow the rules however, which means using spoiler tags when they should. If you have an issue with a spoiler in an article PM Zac or say something in the Feedback section. Complaining here does nothing.

Secondly, all you had done was a mod come in and added spoiler tags to your other post for you. That's it. So that's hardly editing your post as you want to make it out to seem.
ParaChomp

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:10 pm Reply with quote
I hate it when strong characters are sexualized like this.
Little_Hawk

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:10 pm Reply with quote
The lack of Fox Waifu is disturbing.
Arakiba

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:09 pm Reply with quote
Little_Hawk wrote:
The lack of Fox Waifu is disturbing.

Saber and Saber Clones are rather popular, its just the way of things.

Though from what I've read, Extra-Caster is quite popular too (and to be fair, she's one of the "Main" servants of the game). Bit annoying, but c'est la vie.

Anyway, hadn't heard that Gil's costume was going to be changed. Truth be told, I thought it an odd costume anyway. Maybe it showed up in some spinoff that I've not seen, because I've never seen him like that before.

I would've expected maybe his tracksuit or that fur-lined coat thing. Though I guess those'll be costumes in the game itself. Maybe Proto-Gil?
AnimeLordLuis

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:22 pm Reply with quote
Damn that a nice collectors edition but that price tag is a bit much for me but if that 3D mouse pad was sold separately I would buy it in a heartbeat. Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2