• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: One Piece Anime Reveals Zou Arc Visual, More Details for Silver Mine Arc

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nekelen Tinsley

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:14 pm Reply with quote
This filler arc aint gonna last long at all i give it 3 to 4 episodes then they gonna drag out the zou arc and make it like 30 episodes long when it only needs to be 10 or under. The chick with the bandages around her boobs reminds me of Ranmaru from Binbougami ga
sweaf

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:47 pm Reply with quote
I wouldn't mind a longer filler arc. Maybe even several filler arcs. Anything would be fine. Just do not drag out Zou arc.
doubleO7

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:59 pm Reply with quote
Despite the bad rap shonen filler tends to get, most of OP's previous filler arcs have actually been pretty solid. A decently-long (but not too long) filler arc would be preferable to jumping straight into dragging out another canon arc far longer than necessary.
Emerje

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:06 pm Reply with quote
Nekelen Tinsley wrote:
This filler arc aint gonna last long at all i give it 3 to 4 episodes then they gonna drag out the zou arc and make it like 30 episodes long when it only needs to be 10 or under.

It's 20 chapters in the manga so it'll likely cover 20 episodes of the anime, ending just before the winter season starts.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Wandering Samurai

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 11:15 pm Reply with quote
What we all were hoping would happen after Dressrosa and preempting Zou. This is a much needed arc and gives Oda-sensei a little breathing room, since One Piece will be on break next week.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
COREY2293

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:28 pm Reply with quote
THANK GOD!!! SOME FILLER!!!

dressrosa should have had some canon filler because holy crap that was a drag to get through at points. just look at the most recent episode, it took 4 minutes for fujitora to move his rubble.

i read the zou arc and it is really damn good, i think its around 20 chapters and there are no real villains. so maybe they are just trying to add some action to it.

these new pirates look really interesting, especially desire.

i still think one piece needs a break for a year but clearly toei makes too much money from it.
COREY2293

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:30 pm Reply with quote
Nekelen Tinsley wrote:
This filler arc aint gonna last long at all i give it 3 to 4 episodes then they gonna drag out the zou arc and make it like 30 episodes long when it only needs to be 10 or under. The chick with the bandages around her boobs reminds me of Ranmaru from Binbougami ga

she reminded me of ranmaru too. she just needs the hat lol. cant believe someone actually saw binbougami ga too. i wish it got another season, i had to end up reading the manga instead. it only got better
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:09 am Reply with quote
I see at least one spoiler in the Zou artwork, maybe two. Also, Toei draws these women even more stick-like than Oda.

Emerje wrote:
Nekelen Tinsley wrote:
This filler arc aint gonna last long at all i give it 3 to 4 episodes then they gonna drag out the zou arc and make it like 30 episodes long when it only needs to be 10 or under.

It's 20 chapters in the manga so it'll likely cover 20 episodes of the anime, ending just before the winter season starts.

Emerje

A little bit over that to compensate for the one-week breaks Oda takes.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1