• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Duplicate Persons.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 8:21 am Reply with quote
Done.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
4kidsidentifier

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 10:28 am Reply with quote
Chris Hackney (person#135828) (casual/main performing name) and Christopher Hackney (person#127608) (full/birth name)

"Christopher" is how he presents himself on his Voice123 profile (http://voice123.com/christopherhackney), which references his training with Bang Zoom!

"Chris," however, is the name that most of his credits fall under, and it's how he presents himself on sites such as Twitter (https://twitter.com/chrishackneyggk).

See also, this tweet: https://twitter.com/ChrisHackneyGGK/status/330351580069117955.
Dab1za9

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 12:26 pm Reply with quote
Yoshiyuki TABATA (田畑 嘉之)(#64607) is a wrong spelling of Hisayuki TABATA (田畑 壽之)(#38887)

Checking the credit of the first episode of Code Geass can confirm that.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 2:15 pm Reply with quote
Dab1za9 wrote:
Yoshiyuki TABATA (田畑 嘉之)(#64607) is a wrong spelling of Hisayuki TABATA (田畑 壽之)(#38887)

Checking the credit of the first episode of Code Geass can confirm that.

Fixed.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
4kidsidentifier

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 1:52 pm Reply with quote
I. Steve Fenley (person#61600) (main/performing name) and Steven Fenley (person#96527) (full/birth name)

Another one of those cases, like Hackney above me. Here's an IRL reference where he calls himself "Steven Fenley" (at 1:02), as well as his profile on the Texas Repertory Theater Company website.

II. Michael Dobson (person#750) (correct spelling) and Micheal Dobson
(person#4215) (incorrect spelling)

A case of another website's misspelling making its way here.
Arachnée

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 3:46 am Reply with quote
Kou MATSUZONO (right name):
person#11798

Hiroshi MATSUZONO:
person#13419

His name can be spelled 松園 公 or 松園 ヒロシ or まつぞの ひろし
http://www7.atwiki.jp/anime_wiki/pages/2130.html

Last edited by Arachnée on Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:07 am; edited 1 time in total
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 1:28 am Reply with quote
Arachnée wrote:
Kou MATSUZONO (right name):
person#11798

Hiroshi MATSUZONO:
person#13419

His name can be spelled 松園 公 or 松園 ヒロシ or まつぞの ひろ
http://www7.atwiki.jp/anime_wiki/pages/2130.html

You mean まつぞのひろし, but if he's been credited like that, that makes it more likely that 公 is read as "Hiroshi" and that "Kou" is not right. Any proof on Kou being "right"?
Lugamo

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 4:03 pm Reply with quote
Leto Dugatkin (performing name) and Leandro Dugatkin (birth name). Here's an IRL reference where he calls himself "Leto Dugatkin", as well in his YouTube channel.
4kidsidentifier

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:41 pm Reply with quote
I. Marieve Herington (person#104794) (real name) and Lindsay Torrance (person#129408) (alias)

Herington includes Alpha and Omega 2-5 on her resume (accessible here), her lead role of Claudette instead being credited to "Lindsay Torrance" in the ending credits of all of those films.

II. Christopher Smith (voice actor) (person#6261) (performing name), Chris Kent (person#21805) (alias) and Christopher Corey Smith (full name) (person#118179)

Smith uses the Chris Kent alias for all of his work as Rufus in the Street Fighter series, and does not make that role a secret (https://twitter.com/GetMeSmith/status/437668121554329600). As for Christopher Corey Smith... that was my bad. No credits were given for the English dub of Marvel Disk Wars, and I forgot the main entry was "Christopher Smith." Sorry.

III. Greg Abbey (person#76403) (real name), Frank Frankson (person#7490) (alias) and John Campbell (person#19360) (alias)

Abbey initially went by Frank Frankson for some portion of the 2003 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles series in his role of Raphael, as seen here (0:03 in). He later went by John Campbell by its fourth season (verifiable here) and his real name on the tail end of that series and the 2009 Turtles Forever special.

Additional note: Abbey also went by his John Campbell alias for his work on Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters as Tristan, listed in credits such as these, whom Abbey emphasizes he was here: https://twitter.com/gregoryabbey/status/732680993593757699

IV. Rachael Lillis (person#1076) (birth name) and Rachael McCabe (person#109374) (current name)

Rachael's new website (https://sites.google.com/site/rachaelmccabeactor/home) includes references to roles from when she was known as Rachael Lillis. She also goes by Rachael McCabe on YouTube (which includes a voice demo of Lillis-era performances), but retains Lillis for Twitter.

V. Simon Prescott (person#2260) (real name) and Simon Isaacson (person#4032) (alias)

Alternate spelling of "Simon Issacson" alias already merged into Prescott.

VI. Michael Haigney (person#3941) (real name) and Roger Kay (person#4855) (alias)

Confirmed with Haigney himself via Facebook contact
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:15 am Reply with quote
I was already aware of Issacson/Isaacson, though I wanted to look into (hadn't gotten to do it yet) whether one of those spellings is more of a rare exception compared to the other (in which case a replace-merge would be more appropriate than separate aliases). I do believe I have seen both forms in actual credits, though.
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:42 pm Reply with quote
Ok, from what I was able to check so far:

Issacson:
Gundam 0083
Street Fighter Alpha

Isaacson:
The Bouncer
Cowboy Bebop
Rurouni Kenshin
Catnapped
Samurai Champloo
Panda! Go Panda!
Big O
Outlaw Star
Paranoia Agent

Seems clear (though I initially assumed as such too) now that "Issacson" is more of an outlier typo. Most of the titles listed for that spelling here were "Isaacson" instead in the actual credits (though there was one, SFA, that was the other way around) which has me thinking the contributors probably entered that spelling just because it was connected to Prescott.
Dab1za9

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:53 pm Reply with quote
4kidsidentifier

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:04 pm Reply with quote
I. Katherine Catmull (person#6049) (correct spelling) and Catherine Catmull (person#64368) (variation).

While "Catherine" may appear on the GetBackers DVD's credits (so they say), "Katherine" is found in the episode ending credits (particularly Episode 9) for her role of Clayman. "Katherine" is the correct spelling, as per her website.

II. Michael Greco (person#58993) (full first name) and Mike Greco (person#49379) (shortened variation)

"Mike's" adaptation work for Bottle Fairy is included on the anime worklist page on Michael's website

III. Cassandra Morris (person#74741) (real name) and Meghan McCracken (person#82273) (alias)

Various New York works for which Morris used the McCracken alias (such as both Marble and Nathaniel from Pokemon Diamond and Pearl, Yubel in Yu-Gi-Oh! GX, and both Leo and Luna in Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's) are listed on her Wordpress site.

IV. Marc Worden (person#67384) (correct spelling) and Mark Worden (person#40113) (variation/incorrect spelling)

Marc is spelled with a 'c' in Sky Blue's ending credits, leading me to believe that the Entertainment Weekly source erred on the spelling, as Marc has consistently used the "Marc" spelling in his credited works.

V. Caitriona Murphy (person#94647) (correct spelling) and Catriona Murphy (person#38062) (incorrect spelling)

"Caitriona" is the correct spelling, as fortified by her official website: http://www.caitrionamurphy.ca/

VI. Aidan Drummond (person#58240) (correct spelling) and Aiden Drummond (person#118353) (incorrect spelling)

Here's Aidan Twitter: https://twitter.com/aidan_drummond

VII. Sean Elias-Reyes (person#11018) (professionally presented name), Sean Elias Reyes (person#23296) (sans hyphen) and Sean Reyes (person#148602) (shortened variant)

Name displayed with hyphen, as seen on Hyperbolic Audio profile, LinkedIn, etc.

VIII. Maya Rosewood (person#89569) (correct spelling) and Maya Roswood (person#147242) (erroneous spelling)

Straightforward enough.

IX. Kether Donohue (person#70005) (real name), Annice Moriarty (person#47403) (alias) and Kether Fernandez (person#39959) (alias)

Donohue's animation reel includes roles such as Zoe Drake from Dinosaur King, Lily from Kappa Mikey, Angela Rains from Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's and Mirabelle Haywood from Magical DoReMi [all productions crediting Moriarty] mixed in with roles such as Mew Mew Power's Kikki Benjamin [associated with Donohue]

A picture of Midori Kasugano from Midori Days is also present on that page, thus making her the same person as Kether Fernandez as well.

X. Christopher Turner (person#2473) (full name) and Chris Turner (person#4866) (shortened variant)

No direct proof aside from being a Vancouver child actor during the mid-90's, I'm afraid.
Llyud

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:29 pm Reply with quote
4kidsidentifier

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:24 pm Reply with quote
I. Michael Shepherd (person#44550) (full name), Mike Shepherd (person#32312) (shortened variant) and Michael Shepard (person#130355) (erroneous spelling)

The majority of his works (Mega Man X, Crimson Tears, Deltora Quest, LBX, Buddyfight, Vanguard, etc.) credit him using his full name.

II. Suzanne Goldish (person#17016) (full name) and Suzy Goldish (person#67142) (shortened variant)

As both a voice actress and an ADR Engineer, Goldish has swapped between the two within the same franchise during her times with 4Kids Entertainment. For instance, she initially used "Suzy Goldish" the first time she was in the voice cast credits for Pokemon Advanced but later switched to Suzanne Goldish from there on out. Both names even appear in Destiny Deoxys' credits [same screen, no less] (see below)

III. Mike Pollock (person#2551) (real name) and Herb Lawrence (person#65022) (alias)

In this interview (16:49-17:12) Mike draws his attention to have been involved with Ratatoing, where his character (Greg) was credited to Herb.

See also this commentary of said film, where Pollock himself dropped in with this comment:

"Not 4Kids per se, just many of the same freelancers who were also in the 4Kids talent pool. And not only was I "Precisely" (his name is Greg, by the way), I was also the narrator at the beginning, and the whiny rat at 2:24, as well as lots of other bit parts throughout the piece. And, I got paid for the privilege! Thanks for watching,"
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 95 of 144