• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: XSEED Games to Publish Fate/EXTELLA, Akiba's Beat, Story of Seasons: Trio of Towns Games

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nyren

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:15 pm Reply with quote
Wait, so let me get this straight, Fate/EXTELLA is going to release in the US... before the Japanese release? That makes zero sense. Something tells me that was supposed to be the other way around.
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:17 pm Reply with quote
IT'S HAPPENING

And wasn't Extella dropping in the US in Winter?
Dab1za9

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:27 pm Reply with quote
Nyren wrote:
Wait, so let me get this straight, Fate/EXTELLA is going to release in the US... before the Japanese release? That makes zero sense. Something tells me that was supposed to be the other way around.

Japan release Summer 2016
US release Winter 2017
Alabaster Spectrum

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:34 pm Reply with quote
These all look like games I'd play for a few hours or sessions and then probably get bored with them.
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:03 pm Reply with quote
What? Summer for NA? wut?
Calsolum

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:07 pm Reply with quote
WHAT? Fate extella confirmed for western release?!? Somebody pinch me I must be dreaming.

ok going from the description it seems like this story continues after the first fate/extra but wasn't ccc a sequel to extra so shouldn't extella be the sequel of ccc(or third in the fate/extra series)?

anyways time to start saving money cause the L.E. versions of this game are gonna cost me alot.

BTW does anyone know where would be the first place that stocks this game when it comes out? I assume preorders will be sold out pretty quickly so i want to spend less time checking every website and just check the ones sure to stock the game
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:10 pm Reply with quote
Calsolum wrote:
ok going from the description it seems like this story continues after the first fate/extra but wasn't ccc a sequel to extra so shouldn't extella be the sequel of ccc(or third in the fate/extra series)?

I believe CCC was supposed to be the "far side" route of Fate/Extra, not a sequel.
Lynx Amali

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:14 pm Reply with quote
Calsolum wrote:

Are you familiar with the original VN?

OG Extra is the Fate route.
CCC is the Heaven's Feel route.
Extella is Hollow Ataraxia.
Calsolum

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:29 pm Reply with quote
Lynx Amali wrote:
Are you familiar with the original VN?

OG Extra is the Fate route.
CCC is the Heaven's Feel route.
Extella is Hollow Ataraxia.

really? didn't know that actually. I've seen all the anime versions of the fate series to date so unless its related to heavens feel or something not shown in the anime im pretty up to date however the contents of Hollow Ataraxia is unknown to me, all i know is that spoiler[ bazett the orig master of lancer is in it and Carin the sadistic nurse from prisma Illya is involved]

so basically extella is a sequel to fate/extra + ccc if we assume all the storylines in the previous games should have occurred during the same period of time depending on the choices the MC makes. if this is the case then which route(?) does extella continue? the ccc/heavens feel one?
Lynx Amali

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:35 pm Reply with quote
Calsolum wrote:
[
so basically extella is a sequel to fate/extra + ccc if we assume all the storylines in the previous games should have occurred during the same period of time depending on the choices the MC makes. if this is the case then which route(?) does extella continue? the ccc/heavens feel one?

It's more of an analogy than what they actually are. That's just the only comparison I could think of without hitting spoiler territory.
myskaros

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:37 pm Reply with quote
Calsolum wrote:

If I'm understanding the comparison correctly, what Lynx Amali means is that Fate/Extra and Fate/Extra CCC are parallel timelines for the same story, whereas Fate/Extella is the sequel of the whole general story rather than any specific route. That's what Fate/hollow ataraxia is, it takes place after the original Fate story but none of the 3 routes is technically its origin.
DuchessBianca

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:58 pm Reply with quote
Still need to finish the other story of seasons game but super excited that the new one will come over soon, been a longtime fan of the series and its one of my favorites! Really enjoyed Akiba's trip so glad a sequal was announced! I love both of the Fate Zero/UBW animes so I'm excited for the Fate game announcement! Hopefully both Fate and Akiba's Beat are dubbed so that way I'll enjoy them that much more! Anime smile
myskaros

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:05 pm Reply with quote
DuchessBianca wrote:
Hopefully both Fate and Akiba's Beat are dubbed so that way I'll enjoy them that much more! Anime smile

Xseed has already said that Fate will not have a dub.

https://twitter.com/XSEEDGames/status/740240715876159488

Personally, I can't think of hearing anyone other than Tange Sakura as Nero, or Saito Chiwa as Tamamo, but I generally prefer original Japanese voicework anyway Razz
Ezekal

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:09 pm Reply with quote
Dab1za9 wrote:
Nyren wrote:

Japan release Summer 2016
US release Winter 2017

Where are you getting those dates?

JP release date is November 10.
No concrete US release date, but says winter of this year on their twitter. So it will either be simultaneously released or a 1 month delay at the most.
Arakiba

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:19 pm Reply with quote
myskaros wrote:
DuchessBianca wrote:
Hopefully both Fate and Akiba's Beat are dubbed so that way I'll enjoy them that much more! Anime smile

Xseed has already said that Fate will not have a dub.

https://twitter.com/XSEEDGames/status/740240715876159488

Personally, I can't think of hearing anyone other than Tange Sakura as Nero, or Saito Chiwa as Tamamo, but I generally prefer original Japanese voicework anyway Razz

I will admit, I'm kinda curious who would be a fitting english voice for Tamamo, but no one can really replace Chiwa as her. She does such a good job.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2