• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Hideo Kojima, Sony Reveal Death Stranding Game

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Themaster20000

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:42 pm Reply with quote
That was funniest thing I've seen today. Kojima trying so hard to be artistic Laughing Am sure the game itself will be fine itself when they reveal the gameplay.
v1cious

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:50 pm Reply with quote
He said in an interview that it's going to be an action game like Uncharted. That trailer was pretty weird.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:53 pm Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
He said in an interview that it's going to be an action game like Uncharted. That trailer was pretty weird.

He said in an interview 5 minutes ago that it might not be an action game. I'm so confused. He refused to answer any question with anything other than "it's a secret" or "i cna't say anything yet"

Though, he did reveal that he hasn't even chosen an Engine yet...so it's not even really in production besides whatever he has written down. It's got a LOT of work to do it in...I'm gonna guess 2019+ knowing him...
MCAL

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:01 pm Reply with quote
I for one am glad Sony's way of dealing with Kojima was to give him a bag of money and let him do whatever.
v1cious

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:36 pm Reply with quote
MCAL wrote:
I for one am glad Sony's way of dealing with Kojima was to give him a bag of money and let him do whatever.

I'm on the fence, really. As much as I like his games, I'm really starting to suspect that Kojima's not the saint everyone thinks he is. Supposedly he's really to hard work with, which is one of the reasons for his falling out with Konami. I feel like there should be a little oversight just to be on the safe side.
Thread_Alchemist

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:05 pm Reply with quote
I got to see the trailer on the big screen during the digital streaming event. The trailer looks really interesting but I won't start to care about it until more information comes to light. The announcement trailer looked neat though. Laughing
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:18 pm Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:

I'm on the fence, really. As much as I like his games, I'm really starting to suspect that Kojima's not the saint everyone thinks he is. Supposedly he's really to hard work with, which is one of the reasons for his falling out with Konami. I feel like there should be a little oversight just to be on the safe side.

We don't really know what his falling out with Konami's was about and all signs point to the dissolution of that relationship being on the fault of Konami's
ParaChomp

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:34 pm Reply with quote
BadNewsBlues wrote:
v1cious wrote:

We don't really know what his falling out with Konami's was about and all signs point to the dissolution of that relationship being on the fault of Konami's
Yes we do. They were treating him poorly and prevented him from interacting with others or others to ask questions about him.

#FucKonami
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:01 am Reply with quote
ParaChomp wrote:

Yes we do. They were treating him poorly and prevented him from interacting with others or others to ask questions about him.

#FucKonami

Like I said we don't know exactly what happened since Kojima himself hasn't and presumable can't speak on it. And Konami's themselves haven't said what did Kojima do that justified his name being removed from a game he produced and most of the production team on that same game in effect being scattered to the winds.

The only reason most of the criticism of Konami's gets steam is because of the cancellation of Silent Hills, turning some of their other ips into pachinko/pachislot games, and that unflattering report that came out on how little they value their employees.

Yet ironically no one seems to blame Phantom Pain's clearly incomplete state on Konami's rushing the game out the door.

Last edited by BadNewsBlues on Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Netto-Manjuu

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:42 am Reply with quote
Well, the trailer alone looks good enough, but as nothing much was shown, I really wonder what 'll be this about. I don't think I'd like something like Uncharted tho.
ReifuTD

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:50 am Reply with quote
I'm confused, I was expecting this game to be something like Silent Hill, But it looks like Metal Gear?
BurgerKing-201

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:45 am Reply with quote
Well now...
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:53 am Reply with quote
Is that the bearded dude from Walking Dead?
BurgerKing-201

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:56 am Reply with quote
Beatdigga wrote:
Is that the bearded dude from Walking Dead?

Yup, Norman Reedus is the character's motion capture.
Ulinox

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:19 am Reply with quote
Obviously, everything that went into their cancelled Silent Hill game, will now be going into this instead. Can't wait.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2