• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: ANN Readers: Food Wars! 2 is Summer 2016's Most Anticipated Show

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lucio542

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:01 pm Reply with quote
Shokugeki really deserves it.
for me its the most anticipated too.
tintor2

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:10 pm Reply with quote
Glad Hallow also received recognition. Smile
BlackPoint.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:10 pm Reply with quote
food wars hypuuuu Smile surprised though that there isnt Nejimaki Seirei Senki: Tenkyou no Alderamin on any of the list because knowing madhouse its gonna be some top quality work^^
SnowyLightning44

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:18 pm Reply with quote
I'm happy Orange and ReLife ranked so well in the poll, since those are the top two I'm looking forward too and I was pretty sure Orange would be in the top 5 but I didn't expect ReLife to do so well
SquadmemberRitsu

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:26 pm Reply with quote
I don't get the hype for the new Berserk. I know its been a long time since a Berserk animated series has come but this one's not looking so good to me. Also find it interesting how it ranked number 2 on the guy's list but didn't rank at all for the girls.

I was under the impression that the Love Live fanbase's male to female split was leaning slightly towards the women in the west though maybe that's just where I live. I'm also surprised that Love Live beat out Mob Psycho across the board. Dunno whether that speaks for Love Live's popularity or the fact that ONE's name alone isn't enough to sell a show, but it's not every day that an idol anime reaches that level of popularity in the west. I'm slightly less surprised about Danganronpa not ranking hugely well despite the franchise's popularity considering the success of the other anime series.

D Gray Man didn't sell well enough for Funimation to be able to justify dubbing the whole thing so its high ranking does surprise me a bit as does the fact that most of the fans are women. Also surprised how popular Orange is with women since most of the people I know looking forward to it are guys. Shougeki no Souma reaching number one (And the fact that it's more popular with guys) doesn't surprise me a whole lot though. Should probably get around to finishing Season 1 in time for it.

It's a packed season we've got coming up and I've heard good things about Orange, Rewrite and Illya 3rei. But there really isn't anything I'm looking forward to nearly as much as Love Live Sunshine.
Spiral Warrior

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:47 pm Reply with quote
That's pretty disappointing tbh. Speaks for the low quality of the season I guess.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:49 pm Reply with quote
I am very pleased to see Orange that high in the ANN polls. As a huge fan of slice of life and emotional dramas, I hope Orange is awesome and that it becomes one of my all time favorites.
tsvkkis

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:54 pm Reply with quote
I feel like I'm one of the few of the population who didn't like Shokugeki no Souma which is a shame because I really did want to like it since I love cooking based things so much. I watched about half of the first season and read a lot of the manga, but I just couldn't get myself into it. I think it was probably because I was uncomfortable with the extreme "foodgasms" that were displayed, but I'll try to give the second season a try!
(Silently hopes that Mob Psycho 100 will get the recognition it deserves)
KH91

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:00 pm Reply with quote
Power of Erina too stronk.
BlackPoint.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:00 pm Reply with quote
SquadmemberRitsu wrote:
I don't get the hype for the new Berserk. I know its been a long time since a Berserk animated series has come but this one's not looking so good to me. Also find it interesting how it ranked number 2 on the guy's list but didn't rank at all for the girls.

I was under the impression that the Love Live fanbase's male to female split was leaning slightly towards the women in the west though maybe that's just where I live. I'm also surprised that Love Live beat out Mob Psycho across the board. Dunno whether that speaks for Love Live's popularity or the fact that ONE's name alone isn't enough to sell a show, but it's not every day that an idol anime reaches that level of popularity in the west. I'm slightly less surprised about Danganronpa not ranking hugely well despite the franchise's popularity considering the success of the other anime series.

D Gray Man didn't sell well enough for Funimation to be able to justify dubbing the whole thing so its high ranking does surprise me a bit as does the fact that most of the fans are women. Also surprised how popular Orange is with women since most of the people I know looking forward to it are guys. Shougeki no Souma reaching number one (And the fact that it's more popular with guys) doesn't surprise me a whole lot though. Should probably get around to finishing Season 1 in time for it.

It's a packed season we've got coming up and I've heard good things about Orange, Rewrite and Illya 3rei. But there really isn't anything I'm looking forward to nearly as much as Love Live Sunshine.

Dont care about Berserk either due the full CGI shizzle.
Also about Love Live i kinda got mixed feelings about it after seeing the PV it kinda looks just the same as previous love live half the characters look the same and we got a student council that is against an idol group which was the same thing as at previous one so dunno iam keeping my expectations low so i wont be dissapointed later because now to me it only seems like they wanna milk out some more money out of the franchise while its still popular...
Megiddo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:02 pm Reply with quote
Oh, hey. Amanchu barely scraped by in the top 20.

Umm, yay. No real surprises. I've seen a lot of ANN pre-hype for Orange, so I'm not surprised to see it so high. I'm kinda hoping Hamasaki somehow manages not to screw it up considering how many people are looking forward to it.

Last edited by Megiddo on Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zoneflare

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:10 pm Reply with quote
Love Live Sunshine will win out in the end. Go Ruby!
Shay Guy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:43 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Orange 20.3%
Berserk 17.2%
Love Live! Sunshine!! 17.2%
D.Gray-man Hallow 17.2%
Cute High Earth Defense Club LOVE! LOVE! 17.2%
Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibōgamine Gakuen (Mirai-hen & Zetsubo-hen) 17.2%
Shokugeki no Sōma: Ni no Sara (Food Wars!) 15.6%
Arslan Senki: Fūjin Ranbu (Heroic Legend of Arslan) 15.6%
Mob Psycho 100 14.1%
91 Days 10.9%

That's a lot of 17.2s... ooh, lemme figure this out. The differences are 3.1%, 1.6%, 1.5%, and 3.2%. Those come in pairs that are probably the same number, rounding permitting, and one is twice the other, so a difference of one vote probably counts for 1.55-1.6%. And 20.3% and 10.9% are six votes apart, for an more exact estimate of 1.5667% per vote. Divide 100 and/or any of the given percentages by that, round, check that the fractions match, and...

Quote:
Orange 13
Berserk 11
Love Live! Sunshine!! 11
D.Gray-man Hallow 11
Cute High Earth Defense Club LOVE! LOVE! 11
Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibōgamine Gakuen (Mirai-hen & Zetsubo-hen) 11
Shokugeki no Sōma: Ni no Sara (Food Wars!) 10
Arslan Senki: Fūjin Ranbu (Heroic Legend of Arslan) 10
Mob Psycho 100 9
91 Days 7

And 64 people in all listed other/neither/both for their gender. Checking my answer, 64/2062 is indeed 3.1%! Well, that was effective and completely pointless. Very Happy
CrowLia

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:31 pm Reply with quote
tsvkkis wrote:
I feel like I'm one of the few of the population who didn't like Shokugeki no Souma which is a shame because I really did want to like it since I love cooking based things so much. I watched about half of the first season and read a lot of the manga, but I just couldn't get myself into it. I think it was probably because I was uncomfortable with the extreme "foodgasms" that were displayed, but I'll try to give the second season a try!
(Silently hopes that Mob Psycho 100 will get the recognition it deserves)

I dropped ShokuSoma for the same reason as early as episode 2. The way the female characters were humiliated in a sexualized way didn't sit well with me at all. It's a shame because I really like the art style and character design, but no matter how much I enjoyed watching the food parts, the foodgasms were too jarring to keep watching
AnimeLordLuis

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:32 pm Reply with quote
Well I guess Love Live! can't win them all and even though Sunshine!! was my most anticipated summer show I'm still excited for Food Wars season 2. Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2