• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Offers The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya on Home Video in September

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MarkyMarc413

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:25 am Reply with quote
FUNimation has their pre-orders up. The Ultimate Collector's Edition is going for $112.49, which isn't too bad considering you get both seasons of the show, 17 episode of Yuki-Chan, and both spin-offs, all on BD, as well as those fancy art cards.

http://shop.funimation.com/Ultimate-Collectors-Edition

http://shop.funimation.com/Shop/Shop_Filter.ss?scategory=534836&sortbyvalue=5&stype=23#

For the rest of their new Pre-Orders, including a couple of broadcast dubbed shows like Maria The Virgin Witch and Mikagura School Suite.

-Marc.
FargoDog

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:35 pm Reply with quote
Does anyone know if this'll be going up on Amazon.com? I'm in the UK and can't buy from the Funi store unfortunately.
Yuki_Kun45
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:59 pm Reply with quote
Oh good timing I was nearly about to drop $80+ on the second season (glad I missed the window for that) I haven't seen S2 I just know it's notorious rep with the Endless Eight and all but I'm still curious to see what's beyond that. Glad I picked up the movie when I did; hope Funimation can get that soon enough.
jtiskool305

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:30 pm Reply with quote
FargoDog wrote:
Does anyone know if this'll be going up on Amazon.com? I'm in the UK and can't buy from the Funi store unfortunately.

Seeing as on the funimation store page only says region a/1, I wouldn't put my hopes up on that. Though, who knows anything can happen.

Going to wait for rightstuf to get it. Super excited to finally own this series! Very Happy
Parsifal24

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:28 pm Reply with quote
Awesome for those that are fans nice Limited Edition $41 is a fair price for just the series. I never got into The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya if you like it fine but I simply never got the appeal of it to be honest. what I read of the first novel was enjoyable though.
Kimiko_0

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:46 pm Reply with quote
FargoDog wrote:

Wasn't there some UK anime company who licensed it around the same time Funimation did? Manga Entertainment UK still lists a DVD edition of S2, but I seem to recall reading about a BD edition from them back then.
FargoDog

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:51 pm Reply with quote
jtiskool305 wrote:
FargoDog wrote:

Seeing as on the funimation store page only says region a/1, I wouldn't put my hopes up on that. Though, who knows anything can happen.

Going to wait for rightstuf to get it. Super excited to finally own this series! Very Happy

Oh I know that, but I can usually import from Amazon US.
jtiskool305

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:05 pm Reply with quote
Covnam

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:50 pm Reply with quote
Already have Bandai's releases, but the price is decent considering it includes Nagato, so I might pick up this instead of just Nagato by itself. Just need another Funi sale between now and then Wink
MarkyMarc413

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:08 pm Reply with quote
Covnam wrote:
Already have Bandai's releases, but the price is decent considering it includes Nagato, so I might pick up this instead of just Nagato by itself. Just need another Funi sale between now and then Wink

True! If RightStuff puts up another FUNimation Sale between now and September, I'll be golden. This is how I managed to snag the Limited Edition of Blood Blockade Battlefront for only $55.24 since they do free shipping after $50, I think.

If I can get the UCE set for under $100, that would be amazing.

-Marc.
jtiskool305

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:18 pm Reply with quote
As a got anime member, your price is only $104.99. I honestly don't think it's going to get lower than that for a bit. Even with a sale it probably won't get lower than 95. I'm also impatient and like to buy things right away lol kudos to you patient ones. Smile
Norbie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:42 am Reply with quote
JohnnySake wrote:
It's kinda blowing my mind that this is a 10 year anniversary of when this came out. I remember being not so smart about websites back then that sold bootleg copies of shows like this and in my naivete I bought this show that way and wondered why the subtitles were so horrible... Embarassed

I love my Bandai LE sets of this show, but i would really like to see how much improved the show looks in blu-ray.

YouTube has the first series screening at 1080p if you'd like a little preview. And whatever your fancy, both English and Japanese dubs are available too.
Actar

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:37 pm Reply with quote
Out of curiosity, will this be a completely new translation for the subs? Or will they be using the Bandai subs? I doubt I'll be getting it as I got the Japanese BD Box, but I'd love to know.
MarkyMarc413

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:07 pm Reply with quote
Actar wrote:
Out of curiosity, will this be a completely new translation for the subs? Or will they be using the Bandai subs? I doubt I'll be getting it as I got the Japanese BD Box, but I'd love to know.

Good question. Unless anyone from FUNimation answers it anytime soon, though, I guess we might not know until at least the release of Lucky Star next month, which should prove whether or not FUNi will be using Bandai's subs (at least, for that show - it might set the precedence for using Bandai's subs for Haruhi as well).

-Marc.
NJ_

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:13 pm Reply with quote
Actar wrote:

Most likely the same as Bandai's just with different color & font. A new translation from FUNi's very rare for rescues since most of the time they just don't bother, even for shows that need it like the first 2 Tenchi Muyo OVAs for example.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4