• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Twin Star Exorcists (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 6:40 am Reply with quote
Episode 6:

Wasn't a big fan of this week's episode. It seems to have established a better relationship between Mayura and Benio but I didn't find it too entertaining except for some of Benio's reactions. Hopefully next episode will be better.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 6:22 am Reply with quote
Episode 7:

Hmm so this week, we got a trial that involves teamwork between Benio and Rokuro. Although on a personal level, I think it's also to see how well they cooperate as a "couple" in preparation for making the ultimate miko. Found this episode rather silly compared to most of the others.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 10:57 pm Reply with quote
Episode 8:

Well that was a pretty brutal treatment of Rokuro, particularly since he is trying to dedicate himself to overcoming his inhibitions and using his power to protect people.

Personally I'm not buying it. There is obviously some context missing that means that he is not as culpable as it would first seem.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 2:06 pm Reply with quote
The show has been quite faithful so far but well, they are taking their sweet time with the storytelling. I hope they reduce the flashbacks a bit.
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:32 am Reply with quote
Episode 9:

Not bad, they actually adapted the Hinatsuki incident well. I mean, you can literally feel Rokuro's anger coming from what he witnessed that night two years ago. And Yuto is the type of guy that puts on the biggest poker face from the past and present.

The fight was decent, a bit one sided imo though. So yeah, this episode was the darkest and most serious of them all so far, probably my favorite from the season as well.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:05 pm Reply with quote
It certainly explains why he was affected the way he was in the past, pretty harsh stuff to go through that Benio had no idea.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:09 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
It certainly explains why he was affected the way he was in the past, pretty harsh stuff to go through that Benio had no idea.

Yep -- been a while since I have seen such a brutal backstory. Of course it was all set up so Rokuro and Benio will have a pretty unbreakable bond.

If anyone is going to hold Rokuro accountable, what about Seigen? All that happened on his watch after all. And it is pretty flip of him to refer to "Idiot Pupil #1" and "Idiot Pupil #2" as if they were morally equivalent.
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:49 am Reply with quote
I think the date thing was more about training Rokuro and Benio's ability to coexist as a couple rather than making Rokuro into a stronger fighter. That new girl is a certain kind of awesome though especially with those guns and not to mention being Benio's master.
Cyberd1

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:14 am Reply with quote
Ep. 10

Well they have completely thrown the manga out the window, I did mot mind to much when they added a character just to sell some plushies but they have really jumped the rails. I thought that episode 9 was just an aberration that they were using because of time constraints, but couple training, couple training and for two episodes no less??? You have got to be kidding!
pinoyfreestyler

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:24 pm Reply with quote
Yehey new character a.k.a. Subaru Mitejima Smile

And wow I just realized that she is voiced by Miyuki Sawashiro. Hehe no wonder Smile

Personally, I enjoy Miyuki Sawashiro more when she voices higher-pitched roles and girls with sweet voices like Subaru Mitejima as well as Kanna (in Parasyte) and her role in Photo Kano.

Which is a contrast to her usual low-voice and mature, deep voice that she often uses (e.g. Maoyu, Danganronpa, K, etc.)
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:36 pm Reply with quote
I like the style of the new character, but I am not sure I felt positive about the episode in general. There was this weird moment where we were seeing the new character's face slightly from the left side and it made her right eye look really weird (closed of course) where it did not change shape and looked wrong or in the wrong spot. I also thought a few scenes had problems with atmosphere. The large group of bad guys just being animated as an image with a weird wave effect just did not feel as tense as it was trying to be, and kind of ruined what might have been cooler with the gun thing.
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:54 am Reply with quote
Feels like this week's episode was a bit of a waste with the "training" again just with more comedy. Although judging on that ending, I guess pacing is starting to pick up more. Rokuro should also hide those lewd magazines better Laughing
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:13 pm Reply with quote
I am kind of annoyed at her attitude towards him in having dirty magazines, like it apparently gives her the right to hit him because.... they share a house? Like she so far has any right to commenting on his "interests".
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:33 am Reply with quote
Episode 14:

Looks like we got a new OP song this week directed by Shingo Yamashita. Cool.
I found the rest of the episode to be pretty boring though, lot of recapping, narratives, etc.

Although for one thing, Benio and Mayura looked good in their yutaka outfits.
Dessa

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:20 am Reply with quote
Curious if anyone knows, but is this being treated as a normal episode in Japan, or is it just a "Tanabata Special" like the title card said? If it's a normal episode, I was very annoyed with the "Ohagi Man" and recaps, especially since the show already does a good job of making sure you remember what's been happening as to not need a recap episode. If it's a special, though, that's more acceptable (but still "ugh" on the episode itself).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5