• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Qualidea Code TV Anime Casts Sora Amamiya, Hiroaki Hirata, Mamiko Noto

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kougeru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:10 am Reply with quote
Very nice cast and staff behind this despite it sounding rather cliche. I'll give anything with Mamiko Noto a shot...
Animechic420

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:13 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Children with supernatural powers

Yeah, very cliche. Confused
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:13 am Reply with quote
I hate to be that guy but someone has to do it so let's get it out of the way; news about this anime alwasy piss me off because when I am browsing throuhg the news the first thing that comes to mind is that we are getting news about a musakiiro no qualia anime >.<
Hellsoldier

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:09 pm Reply with quote
maximilianjenus wrote:
I hate to be that guy but someone has to do it so let's get it out of the way; news about this anime alwasy piss me off because when I am browsing throuhg the news the first thing that comes to mind is that we are getting news about a musakiiro no qualia anime >.<

I'd actually love to hear news of a Murasakiro no Qualia (Qualia the Purple) anime.
SpookyPie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 3:05 pm Reply with quote
The show could be fun, I guess we'll have to see.

Animechic420 wrote:
Quote:

You act that like it's a bad thing, but now I just want to go re-watch Teen Titans and Young Justice. Also I mean almost every show these days has some cliche elements, and sure a lot of anime are aimed at teenagers and young adults, and characters having powers is always a popular thing. I know that's not everyone's cup of tea and that's fine, but there are those of us who just have fun with shows like this. I might not even like Qualidea Code, and if I don't I could just go finish the Hunter x Hunter anime if I need an amazing show with kids that have supernatural powers.
Alabaster Spectrum

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 3:52 pm Reply with quote
Animechic420 wrote:
Quote:

It indeed sounds incredibly bland. Apparently this is some half light novel half TV original thing with some light novel writers entirely inexperienced in writing this sort of material and given what's happened when light novel writers have done scripts for anime recently and the fact that three of them with clashing styles are supposed to be handling 3 separate scenarios that I guess are supposed to come together in some capacity I wouldn't expect much coherency or anything particularly remarkable out of this. Especially given that A-1 Pictures has demonstrated repeat incompetence when it comes to any sort of planning or care being taken with their projects of late because they just have way too damn many with an insanely high turn over rate of 12 episodes or at best split cour.

Really though it just seems like another obvious case of way too many cooks in the kitchen and mashing up popular people and elements that may or may not go together or amount to more than the sum of their parts approach that has been plaguing original TV anime and killing it's potential of late. Blah, where's another Shirobako and less is more approach when you need it.
SpookyPie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:05 pm Reply with quote
Alabaster Spectrum wrote:
Animechic420 wrote:
Quote:

It indeed sounds incredibly bland. Apparently this is some half light novel half TV original thing with some light novel writers entirely inexperienced in writing this sort of material and given what's happened when light novel writers have done scripts for anime recently and the fact that three of them with clashing styles are supposed to be handling 3 separate scenarios that I guess are supposed to come together in some capacity I wouldn't expect much coherency or anything particularly remarkable out of this. Especially given that A-1 Pictures has demonstrated repeat incompetence when it comes to any sort of planning or care being taken with their projects of late because they just have way too damn many with an insanely high turn over rate of 12 episodes or at best split cour.

Really though it just seems like another obvious case of way too many cooks in the kitchen and mashing up popular people and elements that may or may not go together or amount to more than the sum of their parts approach that has been plaguing original TV anime and killing it's potential of late. Blah, where's another Shirobako and less is more approach when you need it.

Just from this year I'd argue Erased is pretty great, and I enjoyed Grimgar personally.
I know someone is bound to tell me how bad one or both of those are, but I enjoyed them a great deal non the less.
ScruffyKiwi

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:14 am Reply with quote
Alabaster Spectrum wrote:

It indeed sounds incredibly bland. Apparently this is some half light novel half TV original thing with some light novel writers entirely inexperienced in writing this sort of material and given what's happened when light novel writers have done scripts for anime recently and the fact that three of them with clashing styles are supposed to be handling 3 separate scenarios that I guess are supposed to come together in some capacity I wouldn't expect much coherency or anything particularly remarkable out of this.

I had initially written this show off as well with a generic and bland premise, but considering that it's coming from the authers of "Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru", "Date a Live" and "Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko" then I've taken a second look. Wataru Watari in particular is an excellent author!

After watching anime for a while I've come to realize that the premise of a show tells us very little about a show's potential quality.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1