• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure [Part 4]: Diamond Is Unbreakable (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 12:44 pm Reply with quote
Episode 6:

Good episode, Koichi is really fun to watch.

Glad to see Tamami being adapted this episode. The way he intimidates Koichi was quite something. I find it funny at how he's toying around with Koichi and feeling of guilt while also somehow getting his mom involved in the episode. Pretty entertaining. Koichi's pissed off face is awesome Twisted Evil
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 7:28 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Koichi's pissed off face is awesome Twisted Evil

True dat! Not a lot going on, but we finally get an idea of what his Stand can do (and it's cute and scrappy, just like its owner), and it was nice that he didn't need backup to take care of things in the end. Also, I'm happy that no kittens were harmed in the making of this episode. Had it been a puppy, it would've been toast.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 1:56 pm Reply with quote
Episode 7:

That was fun seeing Josuke fighting his own clone.
Surface seems to be one of the cleverest Stands to fight against.

Poor Koichi always on the receiving end of brutal attacks. I feel bad for him this episode.
I'm glad to see they kept the pen thing although I think the manga is more violent. Good episode overall.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
bahamut623

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 10:26 am Reply with quote
The name changes are a little too arbitrary this time around. Would anyone sue over the word "Surface"? That could be a reference to anything. Even that NBC show from the mid 00s.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 10:30 am Reply with quote
"You can tell us apart because he's missing his hand. Oh, and he has a Phillips screw between his eyebrows. So yeah, look for that."
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 1:54 pm Reply with quote
Episode 7

Great episode, we got Yukako this week and her obsession with Koichi. It was already hinted before in the previous episode when she glanced at him with a passionate expression in a brief cameo.

What I liked is how the VA portrayed her character from one personality (the sweet innocent girl) and then to a yandere girl the next minute. Yup, she's a classic yandere and one of the first. Meanwhile, I feel good and bad for Koichi lol

The episode has a nice pacing. David Production is really putting a lot of effort into the show including a remix of the OP song too. The cliffhanger gets me excited for next week.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 11:00 am Reply with quote
Episode 8-9:

Good arc overall, really nice pacing and the way they adapted everything and living up to the promise imo. I really like how Yukako is portrayed from start to finish including her yandere affections towards Koichi to the way she got saved by him at the end. The addition of the white hair was also a nice touch.

One of my favorite arcs although not very long is quite entertaining. Koichi is quite a fun character to watch and underrated.
louis6578

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 2:41 am Reply with quote
Best episode of DiU yet. I especially loved Yukako having the possibility of redemption without an awkward personality makeover. Also, assertive Koichi is always badass to see. Koichi is by far my favorite of this part's main characters so far. Okuyasu and Josuke need to do something interesting or show some extra depth. Koichi is fun because he looks timid but is actually a tough badass when you push him too far, but this far, Josuke and Okuyasu are the archetypal characters. Not unlikable. Just plain. Still, I'm loving this more than Stardust Crusaders so far. Great episodic stuff as opposed to the awkward stand user of the day formula that only really worked once they got to Egypt.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:43 am Reply with quote
Episodes 10-11

It's awesome, Red Chili Peppers' mind games and abilities really made this episode entertaining to watch. Obviously Okuyasu wants revenge for what happened to his brother. I thought the latest episodes gave a good impression about his feelings.

The action is nice too, really cool to see Red Chili Peppers fighting.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:09 am Reply with quote
Episode 12:

Akira's guitar and personality is amusing, too bad he's so narcissistic lol

Intense episode, loved the way they adapted the fight between Josuke and Akira with his stand. (even the part with the tire!) Josuke's tough talk to Akira after he got cocky is also funny. Red Chili Peppers may be crazy but I think he's hell entertaining to watch. Next arc should be fairly interesting, can't wait!
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 3:54 am Reply with quote
Episode 16

This gives the term "fridge horror" a whole new meaning...
louis6578

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:54 am Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
Episode 16

This gives the term "fridge horror" a whole new meaning...

Aw! That JoJoke!

Very funny...

Valentine.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:47 am Reply with quote
Episode 17:

Rohan's great, always wanted to see his adventure arc being adapted so I'm glad to see it in animated form.

Glad to see Reimi showing up this episode too. Got a thrilling feeling from this episode for sure. I think they picked a nice VA for the roles. They even kept the dog scene with minimal censorship. Pretty interesting stuff. Happy to see one of my favorite characters of the franchise showing up too.
v1cious

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:13 am Reply with quote
Finally caught up to the anime. Aside from the censorship, they're doing a great job on this.

For those who haven't read the manga, this is Where is Diamond Is Unbreakable gets good. It's gonna be a ride from here on out.
louis6578

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:54 am Reply with quote
I know I'm being unfair and these stories are great, but now that Yoshikage Kira has been introduced, I can't take many more standalone arcs. I NEED the best villain in JoJo to showcase himself.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3