• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Trigger's Little Witch Academia Gets TV Anime Series

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:10 am Reply with quote
Sweet cant wait for more Little Witch Academia
configspace

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:11 am Reply with quote
I really hope they keep up the same animation quality for the TV series.
Wyvern

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:36 am Reply with quote
Sahmbahdeh wrote:
This is the best news I've heard all day so far! Super excited about this. Although, does "30 minute TV anime" mean it will consist of 30 minute episodes, like a regular show, or something else? It seems like it, but that's an odd choice of expression to me, so I just wanted to make sure.

My guess is that they're just mentioning that because Trigger has become known for producing anime with short runtimes; several of their series, like Luluco and Ninja Slayer, have episodes that are less than ten minutes long. They probably just wanted to confirm that this one would have half-hour episodes, since people are likely to wonder.

Anyway, I am SO excited for this one. The Little Witch OVAs are some of my favorite anime of the past few years, just so fun and creative. I can't wait to see what they do with this world when they're given the scope of a TV series.
catstigereye

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:44 am Reply with quote
Sweet one of the best animes from the studio get a full run sweet!
Polycell

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:53 am Reply with quote
configspace wrote:
I want to be excited, but this is one reason why I'm quite aprehensive at the same time: there is zero chance the animation quality won't go down. I also have to agree with Kougeru that the second episode wasn't as good as the first(not bad, but not great either) and I have to wonder if that's going to be indicative of the way the TV show goes.
BlurredVision18

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:58 am Reply with quote
Quote:
I can't wait to see what they do with this world when they're given the scope of a TV series.

OVA's are often better quality in terms of animation consistency. Hopefully they realize this is a big potential profit for them and really but their all into production. The simple heartfelt story of both films is what made it so charming. Unless they can come up with a dynamic plot and character development to span 12 eps, I see this falling into a boring filler-filled episodic slice of life fantasy with no reason to watch beside Akko is cute. Another film would be more welcomed imo.

Last edited by BlurredVision18 on Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:59 am Reply with quote
I have been waiting for this moment and now it is happening!!!

I always thought that this series is too awesome to be just a series of OVAs. I am so happy for this. I cannot wait for the girls' new adventures. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Red Priest Rezo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:09 pm Reply with quote
I just hope that Trigger is better at making their OVAs into TV than new Gainax is. Wish Upon the Pleiades was quite amazing when it was short and became horrible when they moved it to TV.

Not that I'm too worried: Trigger is made out of best Gainax people after all.
jree78

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:11 pm Reply with quote
I wouldn't be surprised if Crunchyroll, or Netflix invested some money into it.
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:36 pm Reply with quote
Some of the best Trigger works to date (not that they've been around for that long, but still) are the ones were they have full creative control over the content, i.e. not adaptations.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:44 pm Reply with quote
Now that you've added the reveal video...I have to say that's a really cool way to announce a TV show lol. Cute.
Alabaster Spectrum

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:05 pm Reply with quote
If this is free of the kind of production committee meddling and decision making that hampered their projects like Kiznaiver it can only be a good thing
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:30 pm Reply with quote
Polycell wrote:
configspace wrote:
I want to be excited, but this is one reason why I'm quite aprehensive at the same time: there is zero chance the animation quality won't go down. I also have to agree with Kougeru that the second episode wasn't as good as the first(not bad, but not great either) and I have to wonder if that's going to be indicative of the way the TV show goes.
When they originally made, it was probably thought of as just a standalone, given that it technically was. So they now are trying to think from what else they can do with it.
Alabaster Spectrum wrote:
If this is free of the kind of production committee meddling and decision making that hampered their projects like Kiznaiver it can only be a good thing
Wasn't that because Mari Okada wrote it, I mean she's not a bad writer, but she includes to much emotional pandering.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:34 pm Reply with quote
Enjoyed both OVAs, and love the art style of them, looking forward to it, and more of that glorious soundtrack.

That's a cool video.
v1cious

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:53 pm Reply with quote
That last episode of Luluco was so good. Well played, Trigger. Hope they make second season (so to speak).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3