• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
And you thought there is never a girl online? (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Afezeria

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 3:31 am Reply with quote
Anyone noticed that Aizen spoof somewhere after 13 minutes mark? Was great.
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:53 am Reply with quote
Episode 10:

This week's episode reminded me of Konosuba (for those who've seen the show) a bit. I mean, the coliseum fighting and the way Rusian and his team got beat easily in comedic fashion.

Nekohime's guild is a joke tbh for their attempt to storm the castle. I hope Nanako will be useful in the club.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:25 pm Reply with quote
wait.... they want to present something impressive they accomplished... as a group... in the game...?

If only they had recently done something like, um, taking out a real-world thief and notorious sleazeball with a coordinated, concerted, strenuous effort that took excessive work and precise planning. Something that not only gave them personal satisfaction but made the game better for players throughout the gaming world.

If only.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:55 am Reply with quote
I might be having a particularly dirty mind, but an outline of the teacher's underwear through her pants felt really stood out.

Also, with so few people and no experience they were not going to just get what they thought they could. I thought perhaps they could write up a log or some other write-up of their activities that go beyond sounding like "we were cool in a game", like I imagine saying things about social skills and such. Not a good anime by any means, but Phantasy Star 2 The Animation pretty much had its setting of students trying to justify to students that there was merit to students playing an MMO.

Characters classes can be very unbalanced in PvP, I tend to stick to PvE. Seeing master Apricot fail was funny.
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:34 pm Reply with quote
I'm behind so comments on episode 9:

Master's battlestation is quite hilarious when I think about but it's nice to see the animation staff put such details into it. Aside from the ridiculous 6 monitors setup, stuff such as the Razer Black Widow (I think it's that) mechanical keyboard and the Logitech G502 mouse are things that really make me appreciate the show since they're "gaming" peripherals. Now. . . maybe if we get some Doritos and Moutain Dew memes. . . and maybe some MLG no scoping. Wink
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:39 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
I might be having a particularly dirty mind, but an outline of the teacher's underwear through her pants felt really stood out.

I don't think it is you. And they not only did VPL but they exaggerated the size of her butt for that one shot. And the view was totally unconnected from the story since the view was audience-only.

That broke several of my rules for good fan service. I suspect they had a few seconds to fill and did that on the cheap or thought that's what the fan base wanted.
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:24 pm Reply with quote
Episode 11

Regarding the guy named Bats, I didn't like him from the start. Wasn't too surprised about the betrayal either. I just hope Rusian and the others show their guild who is better. In the meantime, the maid outfits looked cute Wink
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:50 pm Reply with quote
Episode 12 (finale):

Ah, the Alley Cats strike back! What a nice win.

The battle itself was a bit too silly imo for the fantasy-game genre but I find it kinda entertaining. The teasing of the kiss though...sigh. Anyways, had some fun watching the show. The story itself didn't impress me much but it's some decent popcorn comedy.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:10 am Reply with quote
Episode 12 (finale)

I do think that Netoge has been a strange example of an anime, for the reason I feel that it is clearly not that great. Animation is nothing stellar and in fact I think is probably bad in places, the story hits a number of clearly tired pandering tropes, there are a number of problems and I think the script in general is not that great either, not very sophisticated at that. But despite all of that it still comes across as still kind of fun. If I had to choose a personal reason, I would probably jump to Ako as a character. As the main female love interest she is a pretty flawed character, although you could call her out as being a bit pandering, she does not fit the mould of perfect heroine. A recluse who tries to get out of many responsibilities and thus gets told off by others, but also an understanding that she personally has a tough time and cannot just be forced into everything. I think she comes across as somewhat relatable, and I thought how it was rather humorous how she stole the role of pervert away from the main lead. It probably helps that the series never really seemed to stray into harem situation, sure he is a guy among a group of girls, but I think it is a case that they are just friends. Some good old geeky gamer themes are also fun.

I give a rating of Good (7/10), I would not be averse to maybe some more, but in that situation I would probably like to see an increase of production values. I showed this series to two of my siblings and they have liked it too, so it is not that bad, but it is open for improvements.
Cam0

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:52 pm Reply with quote
Some people might be dissappointed that this show didn't really tap into all that "games are not real" thing. This show set out to be a lighthearted romantic comedy from the beginning so I never really expected it to get all that serious. So as a lighthearted romcom, I found this show to be decent and as a gamer myself I found the show a bit relatable.
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:54 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
So as a lighthearted romcom, I found this show to be decent and as a gamer myself I found the show a bit relatable.

I am of a similar opinion, in a way it is of relief that it did not become NOW YOUR IN THE GAME territory which has eaten up a fair number of LN works.

The only extra story line that might be amusing is if the cast were to cross paths with the PVP group offline showing how people can be complete glory jerks in game and still be decent people offline.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5