• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 1st Digimon Adventure tri. Film Gets English-Language Theatrical Release in US

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AnimeLordLuis

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:39 am Reply with quote
No way! that is the best news I've heard all day I'm so excited I think I'm going to pass out this is just too good to be true. Very Happy
Wingbeats

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:52 am Reply with quote
I was hyped for the dub, but I wasn't expecting this! Woah, I hope Boise is one of the cities that gets it. I want to go see it decked out in my digivice and crest!
KH91

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:36 pm Reply with quote
Awesome. I remember watching the Digimon movie when it first aired in theaters. It was so amazing... then I learned what was done to it. Let's not repeat history.

spoiler[it will.] Wink
Nonaka Machine Gun B

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:39 pm Reply with quote
I don't think I can process how mad I will be if there's a multitude of bad jokes stuffed into every silent moment and if the music is replaced. I was not expecting this move, though, so there's a modicum of a chance they're going at this accurately(minus certain terminology).

Cool. Cool cool cool. Potentially disastrous. But also kind of cool.

And, I guess there's probably no chance of picking up an affordable R1 Blu-ray with subs on it.
AceLuffy4Ever

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:53 pm Reply with quote
Wow this is all kinds of crazy, i was up last night goggling all of the previous voice actors to see if any could reprise their roles, the main one i wanted were Tai, Izzy and Sora, the guy who does Tai retired over ten years ago unfortunately.
malvarez1

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:32 pm Reply with quote
Oh my gosh, yes! We really are living in the golden Era for theatrical anime releases.
theNightster

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:35 pm Reply with quote
KH91 wrote:
Awesome. I remember watching the Digimon movie when it first aired in theaters. It was so amazing... then I learned what was done to it. Let's not repeat history.

spoiler[it will.] Wink
I don't think Saban brands is involved (if a compilation movie was going to happen again then the film would be playing all the major movie theaters) I'm just wondering if most of the old cast will come back (Tai is a no go because Joshua Seth retired in 05)
LuckyAstei

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:37 pm Reply with quote
Wasn't there an interview that Seth said he'd return to repraise Tai I've not seen it personally but have heard it exist.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Kurohei

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:56 pm Reply with quote
For those on about Joshua Seth being Tai again, he did say he'd come back if they asked. https://youtu.be/8C6VYxIhqcQ?t=373
AceLuffy4Ever

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:11 pm Reply with quote
Kurohei wrote:
For those on about Joshua Seth being Tai again, he did say he'd come back if they asked. https://youtu.be/8C6VYxIhqcQ?t=373

Wow thats awesome i hope they can get him back and i just had my mind blown knowing that guy was not really Sora cousin lol
DigitalScratch

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:37 pm Reply with quote
I am so hyped for this! The Digimon dubs have a special place in my heart, and while I want them to retain the original script I still would prefer them to use the dub names and even throw in some of the same kinds of jokes and puns during the more fun scenes.

Of course they shouldn't over do it like they did, but jokes like Gabumon's "You're not a natural blonde!?" just made the series a tad more fun.

Glad that Jeff Nimoy will be reprising Tentomon. I hope the same can be said for a majority of the cast.
Zaig

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:47 pm Reply with quote
I need to watch this. Hopefully it will play at a theatre close to me.
SnowWarren

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:26 pm Reply with quote
Hope they do English lyrics for Braveheart and Butterfly.

They might be doing the same thing as the Japanese version and having the Digimon VAs reprise their roles where possible, but recasting the human VAs.

Edit: Looks like I was right, but I can't find the original post. Maybe he had to take it down.

http://cookingcaveman.tumblr.com/
taster of pork

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:31 pm Reply with quote
Sweet Very Happy It'll be great to see Digimon in theaters again after so many years.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:01 am Reply with quote
Getting back as many of the English dub cast members as possible would be a real treat. :D
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2