• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Assassination Classroom (TV).

Goto page Previous  

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:30 pm Reply with quote
Season 2, episode 25 (finale):

Great stuff overall, some of the most emotional episodes I've seen for the past two or so episodes including this one. And I have to admit, this was a wonderful experience. The franchise was a satisfying adaption imo and I'm really going to miss everything from the series from the beginning school days, to the various school trips, to Bitch-sensei being made fun of, to Koro-sensei's lessons.

It's nice to see the future of the students too. I'm sure Koro-sensei is very proud of them. As expected, Nagisa is still a badass even as a teacher himself!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:25 pm Reply with quote
Koro-Sensei's story ended last week, this week ends the personal stories for all of the students and their peers.

Nothing much to say other than the students all turning out fine after their graduation, some of them using the talents they developed in that one year more than others.

I watched this series first before picking up the source material, so it's been a good year and a bit both for the source material and this very faithful adaptation. Even though it's officially ended, the little announcement at the end should give a few treats to the franchise's fans to tide them over through the rest of the year.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:14 pm Reply with quote
Final episode with no Rio? (just one lousy shot). Bad move.

I think it is sort of interesting that all of class E opted for ordinary jobs. Probably about what they would have done had Koro-sensei not been there but just not as excellent.

So much sequel and spin-off possibility. Probably won't see it though.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:00 am Reply with quote
Season 2, Episode 25 (series finale)

That was a satisfying end, seeing all the growth that the characters had, and where they were growth wise 7 years later, either beginning to make an effect in their chosen career or almost finished college. Spent the whole time wondering in the second half where Nagisa was, and then we find he is completely overwhelmed by the situation he has been thrown into, before showing that actually that sort of situation can make him stronger, now he is in the role of his mentor. Could feel it coming the "please take your seats" with a simple smile on his face. Also, was Kaede pregnant? A shot seemed to imply that, but it would seem odd if she was asked if she was even in contact with Nagisa, although I guess the shot might just imply she is planning on it in the future.

I quite liked Assassination Classroom, and this has been a good second season. We saw some major reveals. I can't really think of anything left. Absent from the last episode, but by far the biggest character was Koro Sensei, a character I have become quite fond of. I bought the limited edition box set with the first half of the first season BD, because I think this is a great series. I will give the second season an Excellent (9/10) rating, it continued the series, did new things, and gave a fitting ending.
R_Wolf

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:42 pm Reply with quote
So I just started season 2 of Assassination Classroom and they finally showed Nagisa's father and they were talking about his mother and how she's strict and all but then Koro sensei came and interupted their conversation, I was wondering if they explain Nagisa's life with a little more detail in the anime or if it's just through the manga? And how different are the anime and manga? Or does the anime pretty much cover everything from the manga?
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:01 am Reply with quote
I believe that Nagisa has a little arc in the anime where he faces the problems in his life.
R_Wolf

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:54 am Reply with quote
Awesome thank you so much I'm even more excited to watch the rest of season 2 now Very Happy
MaxSouth

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:44 am Reply with quote
After we see the "seven years later part" it turns out Nagisa is either a girl or seriously ill or got castrated as his voice did not change. Those are interesting topics to explore, but yet authors completely ignore them. And if you will also look at characters such as Naruto and Luffy, we will start to see that the stories about transvestite/ill/castrated children's way to adulthood are most popular, but yet their tragic life circumstances are the biggest elephant in the room no one wants to talk about.

That, or anime production companies continue to horribly miscast actors that suppose to represent sexually mature males, what distracts from stories they are trying to tell, lowers believability of their narrative.

Also, the "moral" of the whole story is absurd; it is so obvious, though, that I am not even going to bother with explanations.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:59 am Reply with quote
Oh hey Max, nice to you back with your bizarre observations. How've you been?
MaxSouth

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:16 pm Reply with quote
I did not have a lot of time to watch anime in the last couple of years, but I try at least finish series that I started when I had more time.

By the way, my comments are usually a way to express sarcasm over ridiculousness of anime's surrealism in settings and logic. Not many commentators do that, so I am trying to do that. Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 19 of 19