• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
High School Fleet (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shikiari

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:12 pm Reply with quote
That was suitably epic!

As I understand, Haifuri hasn't been doing too well in Japan so it does seem unlikely that we'll get a second season, though I do hold hope for the occasional OVA.

Anyway, when they put their minds to it; the actual ship engagement scenes are terrific and you always know things are getting relatively dramatic when they include the show's ED during the fight.

I had a giggle when the Harakaze sunk at the end. It just feels like a 'Star Trek' film when they "purposely" destroy the Enterprise to get a newer ship next time around. Let's be honest, the girls of the Harakaze deserve a promotion.

I'm going to give Haifuri a rating of Very Good as I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Beltane70

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:48 pm Reply with quote
The Harakaze sinking in the end actually reminded me of the scene in The Blues Brothers where, after a lengthy car chase, the brothers' car suddenly falls apart in a heap seconds after they get out of the car!
Key

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:48 pm Reply with quote
Finally got around to seeing the final episode, and my, it sure goes out with a bang! Thought it was the series' best episode overall and locks in that I'll be giving it a positive grade if I ever get to review it.

If what I saw in Akihabara last week was any indication, it has also been quite successful with Japanese otaku. It was one of most heavily-advertised titles I saw, and one major store even had a whole room devoted to it. Wouldn't be surprised at all if we got an eventual sequel, and at the very least there should be an OVA episode follow-up or three.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
crimso

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:44 am Reply with quote
Now that was fun. Very Happy

Can anybody understand what the captain of the Graf Spee is saying at 9:55 of episode 12? I'm German and don't understand a word. Well, it seems to end on "Zeit," but…
Cyberd1

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:00 pm Reply with quote
crimso wrote:
Now that was fun. Very Happy

Can anybody understand what the captain of the Graf Spee is saying at 9:55 of episode 12? I'm German and don't understand a word. Well, it seems to end on "Zeit," but…

Yes it was very enjoyable just like Girls und Panzer before it.

I think that it was just a joke, it may be referring to the perception that German's are ridged in their ways and less prone to think out of the box.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4