• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The List - 10 Pokemon You Don't Want to Become Real

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:43 pm Reply with quote
DRosencraft wrote:
Yeah, I think that universally there is not a single Pokemon that is "just okay".

Ledyba isn't that bad... wait, it's HOW tall?
belvadeer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:54 pm Reply with quote
Not surprising in the least that FFVII and VI got the two top spots. I'm a little disappointed IV isn't a bit higher up there though.
Heishi

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:32 pm Reply with quote
It would be kinda funny seeing Muk being real.

Also nice to see FF 7 being number one. I also like 13 and the sequel, mostly due to the music. Love the music in 13-2.
phia_one

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:49 pm Reply with quote
I wish there was a choice for the new poll that was something along the lines of having multiple favorites. Water, dark, and fairy are my top 3.

I'm sad to see that FFXII didn't rank higher. I enjoyed it much more than VII.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:55 pm Reply with quote
Heishi wrote:
It would be kinda funny seeing Muk being real.

...or, better yet, Skuntank, thanks to its noxious smell that it fires from its tail when threatened. Wink
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:06 pm Reply with quote
CrownKlown wrote:

Although I am surprised Mewtwo is not on there, he is basically the most powerful pokemon in the game and an emo with deadly psychic powers.

He was up until they introduced Groudon,Kyogre,Dialga, Palkia, Girantina, Arceus, Genosect, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Xerneas ,Yvetal, & Zygarde.

Whose powers are far more dangerous than Mewtwo's.
Karasu-Lacryma

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:03 pm Reply with quote
BadNewsBlues wrote:
CrownKlown wrote:

Although I am surprised Mewtwo is not on there, he is basically the most powerful pokemon in the game and an emo with deadly psychic powers.

He was up until they introduced Groudon,Kyogre,Dialga, Palkia, Girantina, Arceus, Genosect, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Xerneas ,Yvetal, & Zygarde.

Whose powers are far more dangerous than Mewtwo's.

The Johto legendaries weren't so harmless either; if Lugia even flaps its wings slightly three resulting winds can blow down houses or create hurricanes (good luck using him anywhere near a populated area), and Ho-oh raised the dead and turned them into destructive legendaries themselves.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:37 pm Reply with quote
Karasu-Lacryma wrote:

The Johto legendaries weren't so harmless either; if Lugia even flaps its wings slightly three resulting winds can blow down houses or create hurricanes (good luck using him anywhere near a populated area),

I thought about listing him (and Tornadus & Thundurus) but Pokemon with the ability to affect whether would've been a bit redundant with Groudon & Kyogre being able to screw up the world to the extent they're able to.
DuelGundam2099

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:28 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
it always hurts

So it's basically being banned from Mecha Talk and Macross World?........... Now I am sad. Sad

As for the article

>taking Pokedex entries this seriously
>Electrode is absent

And I voted fighting type in the poll because martial arts, fire being second because burn status effects, and dark in third because they convert normal type moves to dark type moves to screw over ghosts.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:25 am Reply with quote
DuelGundam2099 wrote:
And I voted fighting type in the poll because martial arts, fire being second because burn status effects, and dark in third because they convert normal type moves to dark type moves to screw over ghosts.

Actually, only one move that was once a Normal-type move was changed to Dark-type (Bite). All the other Dark-type moves were introduced in Generation II and beyond.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:59 am Reply with quote
This is why "oh, those poor Pokémon, people keep them as slaves and have them fight each other" doesn't track with me. They're horrifyingly powerful creatures that need to be subdued. It's amazing humanity ever even sprung up as the dominant species in the world of Pokémon, if you can even call them that. Master Balls need to be mass-produced! (And then only given to me.)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
LightYapper

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 2:41 am Reply with quote
At least not all Pokemon necessarily belong to world destroyers, there are also a few of them which serve as protectors, like say Lucario and Rayquaza. Which isn't to say they aren't capable of world catastrophe if they are in the wrong hands.

Speaking of disasters, Absol would also have fit in the list as to how the Pokedex describes it as a creature which has disasters occurring in wherever it is located. You wouldn't want thousands of them in this world if that means more disasters approaching.

I picked Dragon as my favorite thanks to most Dragon Pokemon having high basic stats, particularly Attack power, making them lethal killers in most battles (minus the ones vs fairies, though I've never gone to Gen VI).
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:51 pm Reply with quote
LightYapper wrote:

Speaking of disasters, Absol would also have fit in the list as to how the Pokedex describes it as a creature which has disasters occurring in wherever it is located. You wouldn't want thousands of them in this w

Actually it's dex entries has different explanations concerning it's ability to forsee danger.

Quote:
It appears when it senses an impending natural disaster. As a result, it was mistaken as a doom bringer.

Quote:
It senses coming disasters and appears before people only to warn them of impending danger.

Quote:
Rumored to sense disasters with its horn, it became a target. It fled deep into the mountains.

Quote:
It appears from deep in the mountains to warn people about upcoming disasters it has sensed with its horn.

Basically you have people who mistakenly believe Absol's are responsible for natural disasters and have actually targeted them for it
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 1:57 pm Reply with quote
I wonder how one would react to seeing a Magmar visiting his/her home in the winter? It can scorch the entire area in flames if it feels that it's too cold to its liking.
jr240483

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:30 pm Reply with quote
Mr. Oshawott wrote:
If one were to visit a home that's incredibly smelly with fumes and having garbage spread around the kitchen, it's a sure sign of a Koffing and/or Weezing roaming around trying to power-up their internal gases. Now those are two poisonous Pokémon a homeowner would not want near their vicinity. Cool

i'm surprised those two werent in that list. in fact i'm more surprised they mentioned victribell and not carnivine since it does the exact same thing and more. not to mention darkrai considering it gives nightmares too all instead of only doing it to kids like drowzee.

also i am not surprised that FF 7,6,9 & 10 made the top four. though i was surprised that 6 was number two and 10 was number three considering that its a hell of a lot more popular than FF6
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3