• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
General Questions / Identifying Anime.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pibburns

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:06 am Reply with quote
Andika CL Atmadja wrote:
i watched it around 2011-2012 but i don't remember completely and the Anime is dubbed with Indonesian languages.

Btw what is time frame ?

Thank you for clarifying the period during which you viewed the episode, and the language in which you viewed it.

"Time frame" refers to the period of time during which specified events occur. For example, the time frame in which you viewed the anime episode you're seeking is between the start of 2011 and the end of 2012.
Takkun4343

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:42 am Reply with quote
Kinda late to this, but...

chrissycrbn wrote:
A woman protects her lil sister from their father. The father rapes the woman every time he is around. She puts her lil sister in the closet to hide her. The lil sister peeks through the crack and sees their heads "dancing." The woman got a chance and made a break for it. She gets to a ledge and people followed her. It turns out the lil sister spoiler[was dead].
I have been searching for a while and I can't find it.

Requiem from the Darkness episode 4.
RosieRina

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:37 am Reply with quote
The anime is about I'm pretty sure 4 main characters, two I remember because they liked each other. They were traveling together to either find something or take the girl somewhere important.
Its about a short boy with pink hair and red armor, I can't remember his eye color. But I think he found or met a girl who was sleeping, she had long brown hair and a blue shirt, she was very into peace and against violence. She once slapped the short pink haired boy because of something violent he did. That's all I can remember, I watched when i was very young but I remember that much. Please help me! It's driving me crazy.
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:05 pm Reply with quote
RosieRina wrote:
I watched when i was very young [...].

Exactly what range of years (time frame) are we talking about here? Early '00s? Late '90s?
shosakukan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:35 pm Reply with quote
RosieRina wrote:
The anime is about I'm pretty sure 4 main characters, two I remember because they liked each other. They were traveling together to either find something or take the girl somewhere important.

Possibly Starzinger?
RosieRina

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:30 pm Reply with quote
nobahn wrote:
RosieRina wrote:
I watched when i was very young [...].

Exactly what range of years (time frame) are we talking about here? Early '00s? Late '90s?

I was born in 94. And it during a period when anime was showed a lot on various channels so I'm assuming between late 1999 - 2006

shosakukan wrote:
RosieRina wrote:

Possibly Starzinger?

No it's not that one. Sad
shosakukan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 3:40 am Reply with quote
RosieRina wrote:

Possibly Mushrambo/Shinzo?
http://www.toei-anim.co.jp/tv/mashura/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shinzo
RosieRina

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:49 pm Reply with quote
shosakukan wrote:
RosieRina wrote:

Possibly Mushrambo/Shinzo?
http://www.toei-anim.co.jp/tv/mashura/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shinzo

THATS IT! THANK YOU SO MUCH!
Cartfind

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:02 am Reply with quote
Can anyone please name this old cartoon.

This cartoon was not produced in my country so I do not know the original air date. I watched it on TV on a one hour cartoon TV show called 'Dynavision' or some thing in the late 1990s or early 2000s.This was one of many cartoon series on that show.

The details of the cartoon may not be exact since I was young when I was watching it. There is a small portable pyramid when three stones are inserted an Egyptian phraoh kiing-like person can teleport people through time or space or something. All the characters were humans according to my memory. Also there was an angry-looking lady too.
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:13 pm Reply with quote
Cartfind wrote:
This cartoon was not produced in my country [...].

At the risk of seeming to be pedantic, what country are you referring to?
Cartfind

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:32 pm Reply with quote
The country is Sri Lanka. Sorry the cartoon is not anime type.
I made a terrible mistake and misunderstood that this is for all cartoon types. I just got understood the meaning of the word 'anime'. Very sorry.

Btw please reply if you know any other forums helping to find old cartoons like these. I will be very greatful If any of you could help me.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:08 am Reply with quote
^ I'm wondering if it could be Master of Mosquiton? That is anime, and the "everybody was human" part rules it out too, but the pyramid, pharoah and jewels parts, as well as the angry woman, seem to fit. Smile

On the cartoon side, the only thing I can think of is Mummies Alive!, which has time travel and lots of Egyptian stuff (mostly humans, or reincarnated gods), but I don't know about the jewels part.

Since neither of those is likely to be what you're after, you could try googling "cartoon database." There are a number of these, including international collections, for you to choose from, to see if any suit the things you're able to search on. Good luck!
Cartfind

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:23 am Reply with quote
Thank you very much for the reply. It is neither of them. I will try the methods you mentioned.
And there was a colonial looking tall British guy too in the cartoon.
calros

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 3:10 am Reply with quote
Hi, this is an anime from the 90s or early 2000s, maybe a film, about group of fighters who faced monsters and alien threats. I think the government demanded them to placate a strange phenomenon of a distant planet that could threaten to Earth.

They were accompanied by a military detachment whose leader turned out to be a space creature camouflaged and that it appears from the beginning of the journey making mischief (wearing sunglasses and remember a scene where he kept his hands behind his back and one of his hands transformed into an accumulation of needles or something like that ...), an alien with the shape of a giant bipedal elephant, dark color with a samurai armor with a huge trunk...

The main character was a young redhaired boy. His companion was a chubby guy with the shaved head... the costumes of the boys was very similar to Dragon Ball (Yamcha type).

Thanks in advance.
Tichu

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 5:13 am Reply with quote
I'm trying to identify what animation this GIF is from. any help is appreciated

https://secure.static.tumblr.com/93ce4b833f04281b10cd3b63f92909d2/4eot37c/Byknpz0xx/tumblr_static_tumblr_static__640.gif
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 527 of 569