• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma (TV) (all seasons).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:13 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
I just love how Food Wars satires its food battles and it makes it very entertaining to watch Razz

Second this. I can't recall an anime that I had more fun with.

You might not believe it but the way the judges act around high-concept food is actually pretty real-to-life to the way foodies act. It is almost not satire, except for the fan service. And to those foodies, what we call fan service wouldn't be what would be fan service to them. What, naked girls? Who cares? That broth recipe -- that's worth getting worked up over.
Banken

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:25 am Reply with quote
I've had both the Kozuyu and Aizu free-range chicken mentioned in the episode... Good stuff.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:39 am Reply with quote
Season 2, episode 3:

Good episode.

Now I think some scenes could of done better but the anime still captured the magic of the food crafting in particular Ryo this episode. To say the least, Hisako did her best and so did Megumi so they should be proud of their performance. Subaru is a weird character imo.

Definitely going to get a burger today for lunch or dinner lol

Little Erina's also cute!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:18 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Definitely going to get a burger today for lunch or dinner lol

Actually I prefer the ones I make over anything that I have bought. No turtles involved.

Also I don't like pickles on my hamburger (on the side is ok) so my recipe is pretty simple. High grade of meat with a thick patti cooked medium rare. (That can be tricky). Not a bun but good sliced sour bread toasted with butter. Cheddar cheese red leaf lettuce and dijon mustard. Nothing better.

About the pita bread. There are two restaurants near me that can serve a hamburger in pita. One makes their own pita pockets every day and the other one buys them. It turns out to be a much bigger difference than you would think.
Quote:
Little Erina's also cute!

Yeah but it is time for her to grow up.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 1:39 am Reply with quote
Season 2, Episode 3

It has been decided, I am definitely having hamburger for dinner tonight. I have been sick for the last week but thought that burgers would be a good decision, so I grabbed middle range patties, which turned out to be a good decision. If not, I think I still would have tried to go get a gourmet burger from McDonalds, which sounds like the opposite place to go for gourmet. Although I don't think I even have any lettuce, and the thoughts of grilled mushrooms and red onions are winning me over. Why can't the kebab burger from the episode just come to life?
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:41 am Reply with quote
Season 2, episode 4:

I felt bad for Takumi this episode. He basically got mocked by Subaru....

Not that I doubt his skills but what Souma said at the end is right. Hardly anyone can respect a chef like that. Decent episode, I like the food texture and judges (lol that song.) with their reactions. Now Souma is betting his career against Subaru's tools so it'll be a match worth watching hopefully.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:58 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
[Not that I doubt his skills but what Souma said at the end is right.

And it is pretty clear Souma has balls of steel. Amazing how his calm reprobation -- while serving stew and tea and acknowledgement of skill -- was so much more effective than any ranting or raving or any historonics would have been. I really have the feeling that he has Mimasaka's number and it just ain't going to go down the way Mimasaka thinks it will.

On another topic WTF is it about the judges being turned into girls? Talk about out there.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:09 am Reply with quote
You have to kind of respect that he can copy and improve on specialty dishes of opponents, but everything else that is done with his character just comes across as so gross.
Banken

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:21 am Reply with quote
If anything it's pretty clear he violated a couple of laws stalking Takumi like that...
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:56 am Reply with quote
Banken wrote:
If anything it's pretty clear he violated a couple of laws stalking Takumi like that...

Foodies tend not to care. It is all about the food. Think about how foie gras is made. Anyone capable of embracing that for the taste of it is probably not going to be too concerned about someone they don't know having their privacy violated. Nobody even filed a police report.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:11 am Reply with quote
Season 2, episode 5

That was fun, got what I had expected from the episode with all the buildup and segments regarding Souma's preparation for his upcoming Shokugeki. I also can't help but laugh at the segment when Erina was reading shoujo manga and reactions. Priceless.

Regarding the food battle itself, it looks like Souma's opponent predicted his moves...so it'll be interesting to see who can make the better moves.

Eh, I find that guy who trying to write a story on Souma to be somewhat annoying.
Rockweaver

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:30 am Reply with quote
I am trying to figure out how Mimasaka got into the final 8
i never once saw him compete in the group of 60
he is not from group B
and i never saw him on group A
so how did he get in??????
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:40 am Reply with quote
Episode 6

So Subaru did lose after all. At least his loss made him realize that cooking is more than just about winning.

I liked Souma's techniques and reasoning for his cooking. Plus, who wouldn't want to go to Yukihee Land? I know I do! Next episode should be interesting, can't wait to see Akira compete again.
Banken

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 4:53 am Reply with quote
HaruhiToy wrote:
Banken wrote:

Foodies tend not to care. It is all about the food. Think about how foie gras is made. Anyone capable of embracing that for the taste of it is probably not going to be too concerned about someone they don't know having their privacy violated. Nobody even filed a police report.

That's completely ridiculous.

He broke several laws, including unauthorized access of a computer system and breaking and entering.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:36 am Reply with quote
Season 2, episode 7:

Lol this week's episode was priceless. Well, I think the competition was good. Ryo and Akira are obviously good at what they do so a draw isn't surprising. (Ryo might of overreacted at the results though)

Meanwhile, this also brings up the interesting final for a three-way. Should be fun especially since Souma is looking forward to the match too.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 10 of 13