• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Big Order Manga by Future Diary's Sakae Esuno Ends

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KH91

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:08 pm Reply with quote
More Big Order anime incoming with an OVA that includes the epilogue to wrap things up. Wink
Razor/Edge

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:28 am Reply with quote
KH91 wrote:
More Big Order anime incoming with an OVA that includes the epilogue to wrap things up. Wink

Highly doubt it. The anime sold incredibly poorly (I never even saw it on the Top 20 charts), and the manga got no boost in sales. Plus, the anime series ended with an original ending that is no one close to how the manga handled the ending of that arc.
Drunk

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:21 am Reply with quote
So I went on mangaupdates to see where the anime leaves off in the manga and this is what I found:

Anime Start/End Chapter
Starts at just read the manga...

Laughing
KH91

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:59 am Reply with quote
Razor/Edge wrote:
KH91 wrote:

Highly doubt it. The anime sold incredibly poorly (I never even saw it on the Top 20 charts), and the manga got no boost in sales. Plus, the anime series ended with an original ending that is no one close to how the manga handled the ending of that arc.

Haven't the shit anime of day's past that got sequels(despite reasons you explained) taught us that anything is possible? Also, retcon. Another thing that has happened before.
Razor/Edge

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:43 am Reply with quote
Drunk wrote:
So I went on mangaupdates to see where the anime leaves off in the manga and this is what I found:

Anime Start/End Chapter
Starts at just read the manga...

Laughing

Anime cut out a lot of content, and speed through what it kept, so that makes sense. Plus the anime completely goes off course of that manga around chapter 30. I'm a big fan of the manga and am really unhappy about the anime was treated. They really weren't trying. The anime was just a straight up advertisement with little though. At least with Future Diary they kept the original story of the manga mostly intact.
BlackPoint.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:05 am Reply with quote
Guess the author realized thats it better to end it quickly befor it completly dies out due the poor reception that it recieved from the anime^^
Ozzy4k

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:22 am Reply with quote
Damn looks like the anime killed the manga
EighteenSky

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:28 am Reply with quote
That's a shame, hope it wasn't cancelled and comes to a natural conclusion as I am greatly looking forward to reading this when Yen Press release it. I really enjoyed the anime despite the few issues it had (pacing being the major one).
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:10 am Reply with quote
After the anime was over, I skimmed over some of the chapters that were adapted, and while most of the adaptation seems to be faithful to the source, I couldn't find a hint of incestuous relationship between to Eiji and Sena.
Hikarunu

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:53 am Reply with quote
Thats really shame it end too soon. I read few chapters of this manga long time ago and I liked it.
danpmss

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:28 pm Reply with quote
The manga is actually an espectacular ride (one of the best trainwrecks I've seen in a few years). The anime was pure garbage. And no, we were already at a point of no return, it isn't ending because of the anime or something.

Last edited by danpmss on Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:26 am; edited 1 time in total
johnnysasaki

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:52 pm Reply with quote
people are too harsh on Sakae Esuno.I don't think you are supposed to take his style seriously,but simply enjoy the absurdity.
I bought and collected the entire Future Diary manga when it when released in my country and I loved it!
TheStormKing

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:59 pm Reply with quote
Hameyadea wrote:
After the anime was over, I skimmed over some of the chapters that were adapted, and while most of the adaptation seems to be faithful to the source, I couldn't find a hint of incestuous relationship between to Eiji and Sena.

Yeah, that seems to be an anime original idea for it. I was surprised when I saw that bit, as it never happened in the manga and really changes the characters relations
unitmikey

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:07 pm Reply with quote
Huh for some reason I thought there were less volumes released. It must have done at least pretty decent in popularity as a manga though considering it's only going to be like two volumes or so shorter than Future Diary.

I really do feel like Esuno's forte might be guilty pleasure stories though. Can't recommend his work, but probably will read the manga when it's released anyway.
louis6578

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:06 am Reply with quote
So they finally cured cancer, eh?

I kid, the mangaka's work aren't THAT bad. I give the earlier poster credit. I couldn't word it better. Future Diary and Big Order are guilty pleasures of mine. They frustrate me to watch, annoy me with their fans claiming these anime are great (with some claiming that Future Diary portrays psychological disorders realistically), and have the worst characters in any anime I've seen that's managed to become popular. Despite all that, I watch his stuff! At the end of the day, I can't say it's good, but I can say it's... entertaining(?). Like when two people you don't know start fist fighting in front of your house while hurling nonsensical insults at each other all because one of them didn't flush the toilet. It's uncomfortable and pointless, yet I can't just look away.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1