• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Macross Delta (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:20 am Reply with quote
Yeah, those are the loser girls from Aquarion Logos and Evol, respectively. They each handled being the losers in different ways, Kokone took it very well, Zessica did not.
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:44 am Reply with quote
Oh God, Bogue's reaction was priceless when Reina was trolling him.

Good to see Walkure getting the praise they deserve. I really like some of their outfits as well especially Freyja's. Well I guess I'm not too surprised that Hayate's father was involved in bombing of the Windermereans. And Mikumo gets more and more mysterious after she confesses that she can't remember where she was born...(are we getting some background story about her?)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Beltane70

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:11 pm Reply with quote
I really hope so, Stark. I'm hoping that Mikumo is one of the surviving members of the Protroculture.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:53 pm Reply with quote
Beltane70 wrote:
I really hope so, Stark. I'm hoping that Mikumo is one of the surviving members of the Protroculture.

I think that much is obvious. Or at least a specific creation of the Protoculture (we saw what the Protoculture looks like in 7).
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:17 pm Reply with quote
It would make sense if Mikumo was some sort of clone, clone tech is established in universe and some amount of memories can be restored.

Likely the intention of "reviving" Mikumo in the modern age would have been to have better understanding of Protocultural Tech.

The last bit is that she might not know she is a clone, this would be a reason for why she doesn't recall her birthday and not recall celebrating such an event, my other bet is that she is likely the "youngest" of the established cast and likely she was meant to visit the Windermere Protoculture sites if not for the Nuns base being blown away.
VicViper_Mk2

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:07 pm Reply with quote
After watching the sub, I'm a little lost on Hayate's dad dropping the bomb on a NUNS base on Windermere. Wasn't that a war for Windermere's independence? (fighting against NUNS I guess) So why is a NUNS soldier dropping a bomb on their own base? Doesn't make any sense. What am I missing here?

"let the songs of a goddess ring through the galaxy" is what Walkure says before the show. Do you think their performance is actually being broadcasted across the entire galaxy, or really just the entire globular cluster locally? Because if its across the galaxy, I doubt Sheryl would be happy to see that her Galactic Fairy title has been nudged aside by a group with the title of goddess.

And somewhere, if Minmei is still alive and hears them, I wonder what she would think of their song.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:18 pm Reply with quote
VicViper_Mk2 wrote:
After watching the sub, I'm a little lost on Hayate's dad dropping the bomb on a NUNS base on Windermere. Wasn't that a war for Windermere's independence? (fighting against NUNS I guess) So why is a NUNS soldier dropping a bomb on their own base? Doesn't make any sense. What am I missing here?

Nothing. It's a mystery even the characters don't know the answer to yet.

VicViper_Mk2 wrote:
"let the songs of a goddess ring through the galaxy" is what Walkure says before the show. Do you think their performance is actually being broadcasted across the entire galaxy, or really just the entire globular cluster locally? Because if its across the galaxy, I doubt Sheryl would be happy to see that her Galactic Fairy title has been nudged aside by a group with the title of goddess.

They said it was broadcast to every place connected to the space internet so yeah, I guess all NUNs related sectors received it.
Cam0

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:10 pm Reply with quote
The impression I have of NUNS is that they're not nice people. Arad said that Hayate's dad was a really nice guy. So I'm assuming that the NUNS were up to no good and so Hayate's dad dropped a bomb on them. Or maybe he wanted to bring the war to an end since a long war would eventually lead to more casualties than a WMD.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:45 pm Reply with quote
Probably the former. We've already seen some shadowy government guy lament having failed to do something during the war.
Beltane70

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:01 am Reply with quote
Cam0 wrote:
The impression I have of NUNS is that they're not nice people. Arad said that Hayate's dad was a really nice guy. So I'm assuming that the NUNS were up to no good and so Hayate's dad dropped a bomb on them. Or maybe he wanted to bring the war to an end since a long war would eventually lead to more casualties than a WMD.

As a whole, NUNS is a fairly peaceful organization. Like most such groups, there's bound to be some not quite nice people such as the officer from a few episodes ago and Leon Mashima from Frontier. It's quite possible that the NUNS base on Windermere could've gone rogue.
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:35 am Reply with quote
Beltane70 wrote:

As a whole, NUNS is a fairly peaceful organization. Like most such groups, there's bound to be some not quite nice people such as the officer from a few episodes ago and Leon Mashima from Frontier. It's quite possible that the NUNS base on Windermere could've gone rogue.

I don't think it went rogue so much that NUNS is such a large organization that black ops that usually go undiscovered is commonplace.

Hell, the NUNS taskforce used tactical nukes in an attempt to destroy the Windermere's protoculture based Flagship regardless of what it would do to the local populous (which includes most of our cast).
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:11 am Reply with quote
Actually, it seems their intent with the nuke was to activate the ruins. The ruins revealed their true form after the explosion and the NUNs guy acted like that's exactly what they wanted to happen.
VicViper_Mk2

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 11:36 pm Reply with quote
Episode 18

First off, this has got to be the most amateurish stealth operation ever. Let's sneak into an enemy controlled ruins and sing to it, light the ruins up like a Christmas tree as a way of saying: Hey, we're all down here.

Towards the end, both Hayate and Freyja have gone song crazy. Hayate seems to have realized a newfound speed that managed to surprise Keith again, but instead of putting it to good use it turns into needless yelling and posturing until he has a burnout.

At least Mikumo had fun blowing Heinz's clothe off with a song.
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:00 am Reply with quote
What just happened? Did Mikumo overload the system or something with her singing? Was that part of her past and she was involved in some sort of experiment?

Also, this week's episode made me like Cassim more. I hope that isn't a death flag for him or anything. Lol @ Bogue for trying to get revenge on Walkure (Reina) this week. Also, I have a feeling that Mikumo has some connections with Heinz and maybe even Freyja. She's just so mysterious.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Cam0

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:37 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
What just happened?

Yeah I'm wondering that too.

Aside from the last 1/3rd of the episode being confusing, I got the feeling that Windermereans' short lifespan might be related to the rune or the ability to read the wind. I think those white things that started appearing on Cassim's skin signify age. It's like Heinz's powerful singing caused Cassim to age rapidly.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 14 of 20