• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Yuri!!! on Ice TV Anime Reveals Story, Key Visual, Character Designs, October Premiere

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gabbomatic

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:31 am Reply with quote
Who's psyched for Yuris' Adventures on Ice??????? Surprised
CrowLia

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:34 am Reply with quote
Woah, so soon, I thought for sure we'd see it until winter or even Fall 2017. I'm so excited for this, that PV was so beautiful!
Peebs

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:47 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Victor begins to take an interest in Yūri for a strange reason.

The fujoshi in me is screaming.

But seriously, this sounds interesting. I only hope the skating scenes will blow Cheer Boys!!'s choreography animation out of the water.
Merida

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:07 am Reply with quote
Peebs wrote:
I only hope the skating scenes will blow Cheer Boys!!'s choreography animation out of the water.

Well, that shouldn't be too hard... Wink

But yeah, if the animation is anything like "Endless Night", i'm going to be very excited.
jrockfreak

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:11 am Reply with quote
hmm a figure skating anime? looks interesting ill give it a watch
mooneater

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:50 am Reply with quote
I'm so excited for this! PV was absolutely gorgeous and it's MAPPA, so as long as it doesn't look like DAYS i don't think it'll fail to impress me visually! just hope they pull a good story out of it!
Beansprout Midget

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:51 am Reply with quote
As a figure skater myself for a decade+, please, just don't mess this up. Please. I never realized until this was announced how much I wanted an anime like this.While there are some figure skating anime, this one catches my eye better for some reason (probably because that animation)

So, please, please please please let this be good.

Very Happy

(and thanks to this show, I have two shows for the fall season beside Gundam IBO season 2. Laughing )
danshi_boy3

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:55 am Reply with quote
Yasss! Very Happy Very Happy
Yuri on Ice is my number #1 hope for 2016 year.
These weeks until October will be excruciating for me Surprised
Afezeria

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:38 am Reply with quote
I was pretty hoping that it would be "girl's love" on ice but no. Will set a view regardless.
Merman-X

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:45 am Reply with quote
now i feel sorry for all Russian guys named Yuri who's name will be associated with lesbian genre manga, to be fair its also a normal Japanese name for girls & boys that's also means Lily, but due to the title of this anime people were expecting ice skating lesbians instead of about pretty boys ice skating who may or may not give out homo vibes. Laughing
Merman-X

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:47 am Reply with quote
now i feel sorry for all Russian guys named Yuri who's name will be associated with lesbian genre manga, to be fair its also a normal Japanese name for girls & boys that's also means Lily, but due to the title of this anime people were expecting ice skating lesbians instead of about pretty boys ice skating who may or may not give out homo vibes. Laughing
bastek66

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:03 am Reply with quote
Parasyte on Ice becuse protagonist looks like Shinichi.
+ 光

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:01 pm Reply with quote
I'm really surprised it is going to air so soon! I wished for it to begin as soon as possible, but realistically I expected it at the earliest Winter 2017. But I am overjoyed that it's happening so soon! Right after Cheer Danshi!!, and airing alongside Days, All Out! and HQ!! season 3. A truly wonderful influx of sports anime.
Agent355

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:42 pm Reply with quote
I can't watch the PV on my ancient Blackberry Curve, but this sounds like sooooo much fun! THIS is the sport anime I have been waiting for: it focuses on my favorite sport (the only one I actually choose to watch for hours on end and not get bored, because it's elegant and gorgeous and has great music to boot!) I prefer women's and couple's skating to individual men's, but men's is interesting for the amount of raw power in it; they take the highest, longest lasting jumps.

But most of all, the description of the plot and characters sounds like they are focusing on well thought out characters and concepts, interesting plot points, and a great sense of humor. I love the fact that there are two skaters named Yuri (is that, like, the most common name for Russian athletes? Very Happy) and that the series will focus on the idea of having to "age out" or "retire" from one's sport before the ripe old age of 30. I've always wondered what that's like for the athletes themselves. I haven't seen much of Sayo Yamamoto's stuff, but I've heard good things and she seems very talented. I really can't wait!!! *squee!*
relyat08

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:21 pm Reply with quote
bastek66 wrote:
Parasyte on Ice becuse protagonist looks like Shinichi.

Dude! He totally does. That's literally first thing I was thinking of when I saw the first PV. Laughing

I'm also in the camp that was hoping for lesbians on Ice, but this is fine too. Doesn't mean we can't have that at some point in the future too! Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3