• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Viz Media to Preview Love Rush!, Red Sprite Manga in Shonen Jump

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hawkmonger

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:37 pm Reply with quote
Interesting that they're running Love Rush considering it's by the E-Robot guy and all the controsersy that crap started about echi manga in Jump.

Red Sprite looks good though...
redranger

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:07 pm Reply with quote
Was this controversy in Japan? Or with stupid white chicks online? I would hope the Japanese wouldn't give a damn about the latter. Although I know that isn't always the case. *coughcapcomnintendocouh*
Hawkmonger

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:23 pm Reply with quote
The later...kinda, you did read the abomination that was E-Robot right? I'd gladly never read anything of it's ilk ever again.
Razor/Edge

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:29 pm Reply with quote
The Jump Start! program has had an awfully high turn around, with most series not lasting more than 3 volumes. So I wouldn't get my hopes of any of these lasting very long anyway.
Ravellino

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:43 pm Reply with quote
redranger wrote:
Was this controversy in Japan? Or with stupid white chicks online? I would hope the Japanese wouldn't give a damn about the latter. Although I know that isn't always the case. *coughcapcomnintendocouh*

no the controversy it was from readers american
Somewhere

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:59 pm Reply with quote
Yea, just the English WSJ side. The Japanese would just shrug and not vote for a series. Unless the series get axed mid-volume, then that's a sign of controversy. Like Mutou Black and suspicions of copying Rurouni Kenshin too much while sucking at the same time.
CallumKeyblade

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:02 am Reply with quote
Razor/Edge wrote:
The Jump Start! program has had an awfully high turn around, with most series not lasting more than 3 volumes. So I wouldn't get my hopes of any of these lasting very long anyway.

Jump Start! is (for the most part) just all the new series in the Japanese Shonen Jump. It had previously been pretty full up with existing popular series making it hard for new series to survive. However, with the end of Nisekoi & Bleach, there is now a bit more room in the magazine. So slightly better odds for these new series. Also more room in the English Shonen Jump as Bleach & Nisekoi were both serialised there too.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1