• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
New RightStufAnime.com

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Covnam

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:37 am Reply with quote
classicalzawa wrote:
I wish it would say when sales end again, it seems like that suddenly stopped more recently. But it's handy for me to know if I can either wait for more weekly specials to come up, or wait until I see what my comic shop has, etc.

Agreed, I don't see the loss of end dates on the sales as a positive. I don't know why it started, but I hope it won't become a regular thing.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:55 pm Reply with quote
Hmmm, "Add to wishlist" button seems to be broken at the moment after the latest layout update, at least on Firefox.

If I click on it it seems to take me to an empty checkout page.

Covnam wrote:
Agreed, I don't see the loss of end dates on the sales as a positive. I don't know why it started, but I hope it won't become a regular thing.

Agreed. It's terrible when it doesn't say when it'll end.
One-Eye

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:47 pm Reply with quote
DangerMouse wrote:
Hmmm, "Add to wishlist" button seems to be broken at the moment after the latest layout update, at least on Firefox.

If I click on it it seems to take me to an empty checkout page.

I just ran into this too. I tried to add Code Geass BD CE to wish list and it instead tried to take me through checkout. Firefox still seems to be botched on the site and this was under Win7.

DangerMouse wrote:
Covnam wrote:

Agreed. It's terrible when it doesn't say when it'll end.
Ditto.
mdreura

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:25 pm Reply with quote
classicalzawa wrote:
I wish it would say when sales end again, it seems like that suddenly stopped more recently. But it's handy for me to know if I can either wait for more weekly specials to come up, or wait until I see what my comic shop has, etc.

As if that wasn't bad enough, I got a customer loyalty coupon code in my e-mail box at 10:00 o'clock this morning for 5% off my next order. The small print? Coupon expires 7/24/16 (today). And some exclusions apply, of course.

I don't know about anyone else but personally I'd prefer no coupon codes at all to paltry ones I have 12 hours to use or lose.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:35 am Reply with quote
What is going with Rightstuf these days? During their recent Section 23 sale I made a four BD order which became a three BD order after My Love Story was cancelled... yet the total stayed about the same. Even my order page doesn't reflect the price I agreed upon, 35% rather than 40% off, and even that has 6 dollars added per BD just to bring the new total closer to my previous order total.

The invoice with the BDs doesn't have prices and if I didn't check my credit card bill carefully, I never would have noticed because my order page is still trying to claim everything is how I ordered it until I add everything up.

Still waiting to hear back from them. Definitely not the site it used to be.
RightStufHawkeyeMinion
Company Representative

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:47 am Reply with quote
Animegomaniac wrote:
What is going with Rightstuf these days? During their recent Section 23 sale I made a four BD order which became a three BD order after My Love Story was cancelled... yet the total stayed about the same. Even my order page doesn't reflect the price I agreed upon, 35% rather than 40% off, and even that has 6 dollars added per BD just to bring the new total closer to my previous order total.

The invoice with the BDs doesn't have prices and if I didn't check my credit card bill carefully, I never would have noticed because my order page is still trying to claim everything is how I ordered it until I add everything up.

Obviously, this shouldn't have happened! We apologize for that and we'll definitely credit you back if you were charged the wrong amount. I'll look into this for you.
shawnek
Accredited Retailer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:01 pm Reply with quote
Animegomaniac wrote:

This is quite odd. S23 did cancel this SKU, but it should have simply deducted that item from the order. Looks like someone is alreadyon this for you, but if you have continued problems, feel free to contact me.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 7:09 pm Reply with quote
shawnek wrote:
Animegomaniac wrote:

This is quite odd. S23 did cancel this SKU, but it should have simply deducted that item from the order. Looks like someone is alreadyon this for you, but if you have continued problems, feel free to contact me.

Quote:
Thanks for contacting us. The reason you did not receive a discount for those items is because they are all listed as 'Not Eligible for Promotional Discounts.' That means they were not able to benefit from the sale. Sorry for the confusion, let me know if there's anything else I can do to help you.

I removed the names, the rest was as sent. The only option I have from the case is to close it so replying doesn't do much to help me. This doesn't explain the 35% discount in place of the 40% or the 5 dollars surcharge on each title. Example from my order page:

Cross Ange Rondo of Angel and Dragon Collection 2 Blu-ray

Retail Price: $69.98
Non-Member Price: $45.49
Member Price: $41.99
Your Membership saves you an additional: $3.50
SKU: 814131014894
Quantity: 1
Total Amount: $47.24

Page also lists economy shipping and the applied S23 promo code.

I think this reply says I never should have gotten any discount, the S23 one or the Got Anime one. Complete ignores the problem with the total.
One-Eye

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:25 pm Reply with quote
Animegomaniac wrote:
Quote:
Thanks for contacting us. The reason you did not receive a discount for those items is because they are all listed as 'Not Eligible for Promotional Discounts.' That means they were not able to benefit from the sale. Sorry for the confusion, let me know if there's anything else I can do to help you.

I removed the names, the rest was as sent. The only option I have from the case is to close it so replying doesn't do much to help me. This doesn't explain the 35% discount in place of the 40% or the 5 dollars surcharge on each title. Example from my order page:

Cross Ange Rondo of Angel and Dragon Collection 2 Blu-ray

Retail Price: $69.98
Non-Member Price: $45.49
Member Price: $41.99
Your Membership saves you an additional: $3.50
SKU: 814131014894
Quantity: 1
Total Amount: $47.24

Page also lists economy shipping and the applied S23 promo code.

I think this reply says I never should have gotten any discount, the S23 one or the Got Anime one. Complete ignores the problem with the total.

You say that maybe you weren't supposed to get the GA discount, but on the current page it shows member discount $41.99 so you are supposed to get that. As far as the S23 sale check the email that they sent you with the original charge. If it lists that you got the S23 discount, then its highly likely that the rep just looked at the current page saw no promo code allowed at this time and that's what they are going on (it might have allowed it when it was during the sale). I had a similar issue in the past and had to explain to the rep that their math was wrong and they had left off a discount (the sale had been over by the time I talked to the rep and they weren't factoring that in). Once they realized this they were able to fix it. I've had issues with the new site. I'm going to be contacting them again because something that I cancelled months ago is showing up as pre-ordered on my account (even though its been in-stock for months) and shows already purchased on the item page. So my first instinct is to say its not you. Laughing
RightStufTanukiMinion
Company Representative

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:51 am Reply with quote
One-Eye wrote:
You say that maybe you weren't supposed to get the GA discount, but on the current page it shows member discount $41.99 so you are supposed to get that. As far as the S23 sale check the email that they sent you with the original charge. If it lists that you got the S23 discount, then its highly likely that the rep just looked at the current page saw no promo code allowed at this time and that's what they are going on (it might have allowed it when it was during the sale). I had a similar issue in the past and had to explain to the rep that their math was wrong and they had left off a discount (the sale had been over by the time I talked to the rep and they weren't factoring that in). Once they realized this they were able to fix it.

This sounds likely... This doesn't happen a lot, so for a CS rep, it's easy to overlook and hard to teach. If you'd like to give me the order number in a PM, we'll go over it with them. I'm sorry for the hassle.

One-Eye wrote:
I've had issues with the new site. I'm going to be contacting them again because something that I cancelled months ago is showing up as pre-ordered on my account (even though its been in-stock for months) and shows already purchased on the item page. So my first instinct is to say its not you. Laughing

I have never heard of this happening. I don't even understand where this is happening. Please do send this over to CS, and maybe they know this better than I do.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:19 pm Reply with quote
After looking through some items, I've learned that the 47.24 total is the regular GA discount applied to the usual 25% offer for a 69.98 base. And the 35% shown on my order page is the new deal for preorders/new items...

So does that mean the items were not meant to be part of the sale? I don't recall any issues with my initial 4 BD total, otherwise I would have cancelled the order.
But that still doesn't explain why I got charged at 25% for the two items I received and will be charged 47.24 for the one coming out next month.

Is that a policy change now, that preorders will no longer be eligible for sale but they'll have a higher normal discount? And my changed order just happened to be caught in the middle?
RightStufTanukiMinion
Company Representative

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:26 pm Reply with quote
Animegomaniac wrote:
After looking through some items, I've learned that the 47.24 total is the regular GA discount applied to the usual 25% offer for a 69.98 base. And the 35% shown on my order page is the new deal for preorders/new items...

So does that mean the items were not meant to be part of the sale? I don't recall any issues with my initial 4 BD total, otherwise I would have cancelled the order.
But that still doesn't explain why I got charged at 25% for the two items I received and will be charged 47.24 for the one coming out next month.

Is that a policy change now, that preorders will no longer be eligible for sale but they'll have a higher normal discount? And my changed order just happened to be caught in the middle?

Pre-orders are eligible, it's just how it was set up that made this into a bigger mess than it should have been.

We usually have two sale prices:
a) Pre-Order Sale Price (no promo code)
b) Studio Sale Price (promo code)

But they can't stack unfortunately as that would put us out of business. So we have to change one to the other, but there was just some delay this time around.

Also, an update on your specific order, our CS manager notified me that it should be resolved now.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:38 am Reply with quote
Things are progressing. My order was corrected if only from the outside as the individual prices are still wrong- I don't know if this will affect the price of the final BD because I was told that rather than just charging me the remainder of the order, they'd rather give me a girt certificate for the amount I overpaid.

I was given the option of either getting a gift certificate on the amount I overpaid or...

Quote:
If you'd like we can issue a gift certificate to cover the difference from the promo code. This would be sent as a code via email and is valid on any order. Let me know if this would work for you and I will get it set up.

No "or", just that. I accepted it and as a response I got an email of my response... with my response already added to the case chain below it.

Anyway, the order total was corrected. I know that much. Unfortunately, that's all I know because instead of getting the gift certificate, I only received the email chain with my reply added to it. And I that I look closely at it, it's a case that Rightstuf opened and closed on their own from August 8 with my reply as the last one, not the one I opened in July.

Both are closed so now what? Should I wait and hope for the best?
RightStufHawkeyeMinion
Company Representative

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:56 am Reply with quote
We'll look into it for you.

EDIT: A gift certificate code should have been emailed to you. We apologize for the inconvenience.
HyugaHinata

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:02 pm Reply with quote
I'm having problems adding items to my cart.

I'm getting the message "Please enter a value for commit" and my cart stays the same.

Is anyone else experiencing this bug?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 15 of 17