• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Pokémon Go Developers Begin Removal of Controversial PokéStops, Add PokéStops at Toho Cinemas

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:23 am Reply with quote
Interesting that Niantic now has a form for if you want to request removal of Pokémon GO stuff from your property. Problem is that you need to know it's there to use it, and I think a lot of people, especially those like the cranky man in New Jersey, won't know.
Juno016

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:24 am Reply with quote
I helped my local fire department, where several of my friends work, get an early report in before the report function was even added to the main website by talking to a Nintendo PR in my area. She wasn't sure she could do anything, but after both that and a later website report, I noticed during the last major update, both the gym and stop at the fire department were removed. There's actually a closer fire department with two Pokestops on it in the opposite direction from my house, but they never complained about it and I'm assuming no one reported it, so the stops are still there. In that case, the stops are closest to the big parking lot on the side, so at the very least, they're not blocking the emergency dispatch area, which is good. I once thought about going there just to sit and collect Pokeballs, but knowing how the other fire department felt about that, I'm a bit nervous I'd be unwelcome, even if it's in the parking lot. It's probably not as big a deal as I've made it sound like to myself... and I really do need Pokeballs...

I've gone nearly two weeks without being able to stock more than 10 Pokeballs at a time simply because there are a few gyms, but no Pokestops in my area that I can walk to. I'd drive, but I'm way too busy and have been taking overtime or spending my days off doing other important things.
MoMo990066

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:34 pm Reply with quote
Professor Oak has always told us: there is a time and place for everything but just not now!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1