• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Interview: Your Lie in April Mangaka Naoshi Arakawa

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chito895

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:16 am Reply with quote
Nice interview! I'd also like to see more stories about Tsubaki and Watari (this last one wasn't quite developed as a character).
Brent Allison

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:11 pm Reply with quote
Great interview! I'm still very thankful that Arakawa-sensei gave me his sketch of Arima at his Anime Expo panel. Who knew one small bar of Aldi chocolate could trade for such a fine piece of artwork? His stories alone made me a devoted fan, but that didn't hurt either. Wink

Also, I want to buy that live-action movie poster, frame it, and hang it in my office along with the Arima sketch. Anyone know where I can buy a copy?
crx07

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:51 pm Reply with quote
Nice read. I like it.
Maybe action manga tend to be more received than drama ones because shounens enjoy action more.
I now get it why the two other characters play sports.
st_owly

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:05 pm Reply with quote
Brent Allison wrote:
Great interview! I'm still very thankful that Arakawa-sensei gave me his sketch of Arima at his Anime Expo panel. Who knew one small bar of Aldi chocolate could trade for such a fine piece of artwork? His stories alone made me a devoted fan, but that didn't hurt either. Wink

Also, I want to buy that live-action movie poster, frame it, and hang it in my office along with the Arima sketch. Anyone know where I can buy a copy?

CDJapan maybe?
Brent Allison

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 11:17 pm Reply with quote
@Owly: I checked; no luck. =/
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:58 am Reply with quote
On the issue of fan art's legality, fair use sometimes will cover this. Also, corporations might tend to forget that a lot of their earliest stuff was derived from the public domain. 14
relyat08

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:34 am Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
On the issue of fan art's legality, fair use sometimes will cover this. Also, corporations might tend to forget that a lot of their earliest stuff was derived from the public domain. 14

One thing that really saddened me at Otakon this year was the increasing number of booth attendants who weren't even the artist. Not only that, but there were multiple booths who were clearly selling blow up prints from various artists on Pixiv. So they were not only selling copyrighted work, but were also stealing someone else's artwork. I don't think I'll be buying anything from an Artist alley in the future.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1