• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Aoharu x Machinegun (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:46 am Reply with quote
Episode 8

It really looks like that guy is a sociopath and a sadist, and thus jumps at the chance to go into a competition that allows him to have fun. His lack of emotion about what he was doing points that there is some stuff wrong with him beyond just being a bad guy.
MaxSouth

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:08 pm Reply with quote
Episode 8:

This show is so bad; the lass' team is so stupid, incompetent and pathetic, and what happens is so unreal that all I can do is to face-palm and roll-eyes on nearly every event in those fights.

It was a while after I have been so embarrassed for both authors and their characters in anime last time.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:51 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Episode 8

It really looks like that guy is a sociopath and a sadist, and thus jumps at the chance to go into a competition that allows him to have fun. His lack of emotion about what he was doing points that there is some stuff wrong with him beyond just being a bad guy.

Kind of makes you wonder what drew him to becoming a doctor... ::shudder::
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:48 pm Reply with quote
Episode 9

Yeah, the ability to keep on fighting after crushing defeat and impossible odds is cool. The kind of thing that popped into my head when I have played online games and a bunch of losers decided to quit a game because they are losing. Being the only one left playing, or that one person stayed on despite being overrun, that person is cool.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:35 pm Reply with quote
I really like this series, but they sure are dragging things out. It could have been a lot better with tighter pacing and more honesty about her gender bending. I mean, does anyone besides her friend know she's a girl? The whole idea that she's surprised that people don't realize it just doesn't work. Either it's happened a lot before, or her school and community environment is a veritable Eden of perfect LGBT acceptance and understanding where no one ever comments on her cross-dressing or even gives it a second thought.

Anyone who lives as she does would have gotten correcting people's misperceptions down to a science, not a "dang, forgot to mention it," "oops, forgot again" oversight that turns into a Big Deal. Or else they would have simply chosen to pass and it wouldn't be "forgetting" to tell them for so long.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:50 am Reply with quote
Episode 10

Gurl was just about come clean and he has to say that. Now she has to be cheered up by the series' villain.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:48 pm Reply with quote
Episode 11

How could she watch him grovel like that over a slight embellishment and not come clean herself? There's dragging out and then there's draaaaagggggiiiiinnnngggg out. :/
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:47 am Reply with quote
Episode 12 (finale)

The series was really not that bad, but straight off the bat deduct points for her never revealing the secret of her gender. Pretty much all we got was him being a bit attracted, and her saying that she could do it in her head. It could possibly be saved by an OVA where she does, but I really think that this is the problem with an anime based off of manga like this, where what the audience is waiting for is just beyond reach of the anime.

In general I liked Hotaru, I also liked Yukimura too but even with some expected downsides like paying off the debt largely skipped over, it largely felt incomplete. Another anime that also felt a little incomplete was C3-bu, which I am mentioning for also being about survival games, although that one I think largely came about from characterisation problems. Artistic wise, for an odd reason I was thinking to myself about Kawai Complex, another anime done by Brain's Base, and I can't really say why. Maybe also something about how both heroines were a little different from normal.

A rating, I think mine would be to say Decent. I think that there were some good things in here, but it never seemed to arrive at the destination that it should have.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:50 am Reply with quote
That's it? That's how they're ending it? Bah, that lost them more than a couple ranks from me. I really liked a lot of things about this series and would have given it at least a worth watching, but this really leaves a bad taste in my mouth. ::flips tables and stuff::
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:09 pm Reply with quote
Tachibana pulled them together.
Survival game duel was a great idea to snap Mattsun out of it.
Tachibana was being very serious about this.
This was supposed to cheer Mattsun up..
At least he finally realized a few things.
Did not feel like a final episode at all.
Hoshijjiiro

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:00 pm Reply with quote
aoharu x kikanjuu was a great anime. I was wondering if there will be a second season.
That anime was excellent! great characters, plot, and very refreshing away from the obvious superpower, harem, and all the boring stuff that comes with unoriginal anime scenarios.
ReLife is another great example. However, they should kept the mystery a little longer. Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3