• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The List - 6 Things You Might Not Know About Masashi Kishimoto

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:59 am Reply with quote
Definitely an interesting article. It must kinda suck for Seishi, having a twin brother so much more successful than him. Wonder if anyone confuses him for Masashi and he has to awkwardly explain that his twin brother is the one who makes Naruto.

Last poll was as expected. Not much love for Popplio. spoiler[At least it did better than Aquors did] in today's episode.
prime_pm

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:25 am Reply with quote
Kissy stuff, ew!
Paul D. Atreides

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:41 am Reply with quote
As a Kishimoto-fanboy I already knew most of this trivia. Only exception is the one about him being a Gundam fan, I might have to re-read the fight against Kakuzu to catch all the references.

And if seeing his characters kissing is too embarrassing to bear, I wonder how he would react to fandoujins Twisted Evil
Takamachi Ryoko

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:54 am Reply with quote
Huh didn't expect this. Since Bleach just ended I think a list about Tite Kubo or Bleach would be more fitting.

I only follow Bleach in the HST but I kinda want to read Naruto now (and maybe Satan 666 by his twin brother now).
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:12 pm Reply with quote
zrnzle500 wrote:
Definitely an interesting article. It must kinda suck for Seishi, having a twin brother so much more successful than him. Wonder if anyone confuses him for Masashi and he has to awkwardly explain that his twin brother is the one who makes Naruto.

Last poll was as expected. Not much love for Popplio. spoiler[At least it did better than Aquors did in today's episode]

you are thinking like a moral person, but if we assume that seishi is his evil twin, having a millonaire brother can be really helpful to do evil stuff.
cloud8100

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:13 pm Reply with quote
Didn't know he was a twin Surprised . haha, I don't think things need to end with pairings if the author doesn't want to but I imagine the fandom would've gone crazy either way...
redranger

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:13 pm Reply with quote
He deserves more than 20 million.
JDude042

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:17 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Here are a few snippets of trivia about the author of one of the most beloved shonen manga in the world!

You say most beloved manga, and I say filler ridden anime that milks the cow dry. Laughing Whatever makes money I guess... It's just not something that interests me. Even when I decided to see what all the buzz was about towards the end of the manga, it just didn't give me the same feeling that I get from reading stuff like My Hero Academia or One Piece. Hell, I seem to be enjoying Toriko more so than what I read of Naruto towards the end, which is surprising. I'm not sure if my opinion would change all that much if I decided to invest the time to read Naruto from beginning to end, but my gut feeling tells me I'd more or less feel the same as I do now.
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:27 pm Reply with quote
zrnzle500 wrote:

Last poll was as expected. Not much love for Popplio. spoiler[At least it did better than Aquors did in today's episode]

From what I can ascertain about Seishi Kishimoto and O-Parts Hunter, Seishi doesn't seem to be that bothered by it. I didn't even know he was related to Masashi until this article. This could mean Seishi prefers not to talk or think about his brother though.

As for the Pokémon starter poll, looks like I was right. I am going with Popplio. It will definitely be handy considering the huge amounts of Surfing I'm sure you'll need to do to travel around Alola.

Takamachi Ryoko wrote:
Huh didn't expect this. Since Bleach just ended I think a list about Tite Kubo or Bleach would be more fitting.

I only follow Bleach in the HST but I kinda want to read Naruto now (and maybe Satan 666 by his twin brother now).

That'd be interesting too. Tite Kubo's pretty good at English too, considering he seems to directly read tweets in English and he watches TV in English in his office. (New fact: Kubo and the Two Strings is an autobiography of his childhood.)

redranger wrote:
He deserves more than 20 million.

Yeah, I thought he was worth more than that.
pikopika

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:59 pm Reply with quote
I didn't know about 1-4. Thank you for the article, Anime News Network!

I would like to try the ramen of Ichiraku. It sounds delicious! Very Happy

Quote:
Plenty of fans were invested in the romantic lives of Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura...

Naruto's name was italicized here.
meiam

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:12 pm Reply with quote
20 millions is a bit sad, I mean how much is JK Rowling worth?
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:43 pm Reply with quote
Good, good, let the fluffy owl reign supreme...

And as for live-action Naruto, there's only one true choice.

Zac Efron. He was already shafted for Death Note, don't let him down now!
XerneasYveltal

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 6:19 pm Reply with quote
In most of the trivia, even I can't believe it.
Gemnist

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:37 pm Reply with quote
Paul D. Atreides wrote:
As a Kishimoto-fanboy I already knew most of this trivia. Only exception is the one about him being a Gundam fan, I might have to re-read the fight against Kakuzu to catch all the references.

And if seeing his characters kissing is too embarrassing to bear, I wonder how he would react to fandoujins Twisted Evil

Same for me with Gundam, but that DOES give me an excuse to see spoiler[Naruto obliterate Kakuzu with Rasenshuriken]. As for the kissing, it DOES explain why the canon romance ended up being horribly underdeveloped, but what do you expect from a guy who said that that same kissing scene felt like his two children had grown up (make of that what you will) and only had his honeymoon thirteen years after getting married?
Eddy564

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:09 pm Reply with quote
JDude042 wrote:
Quote:
Here are a few snippets of trivia about the author of one of the most beloved shonen manga in the world!

You say most beloved manga, and I say filler ridden anime that milks the cow dry. Laughing Whatever makes money I guess... It's just not something that interests me. Even when I decided to see what all the buzz was about towards the end of the manga, it just didn't give me the same feeling that I get from reading stuff like My Hero Academia or One Piece. Hell, I seem to be enjoying Toriko more so than what I read of Naruto towards the end, which is surprising. I'm not sure if my opinion would change all that much if I decided to invest the time to read Naruto from beginning to end, but my gut feeling tells me I'd more or less feel the same as I do now.
Well what did you expect jumping into a series when it's already at its conclusion? You lose so much context and emotional investment that it's not even possible to build a connection to the series. My Hero Academia was actually inspired by contemporary manga like Naruto so bear that in mind.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4