• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Images not resizing

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:06 pm Reply with quote
Probably should have made a formal post about this earlier.

So ever since the site changed fonts images haven't been resizing in the forums for me. They'll display at full or near full size, stretching out the screen, covering the side bar and such. This seems to only apply to Internet Explorer, my primary browser, as other browsers resize things as it should. Can this be fixed?

And before anyone says it, no, I am not changing my browser.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:45 am Reply with quote
If it is not affecting other browsers and no-one else has reported any problems, it sounds like a problem with your browser specifically.
What version of IE? Have you tried clearing cookies and cache? Does the same thing happen in inprivate mode?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Touma

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:07 pm Reply with quote
I do not understand what this is about.
Where and why are images being resized in the forums?
How would I know if an image was resized, or was not resized if it should have been?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:49 pm Reply with quote
It happens to me as well. It only effects pages with an offending graphic. I'm using IE also, version 11. And no, I'm not in a position to change.

@Touma

Previously the forum was set to reduce graphics that were too wide for the forum to the width of the forum. This has apparently stopped. If you want to see if you are affected check "The Official Anime Related Figures" thread on the second page of the Anime Forum. If you scroll down you will see Embrace Me's post with a too wide graphic. This causes a scroll bar to appear at the bottom of the thread. The problem is that it involves the entire page and causes the text in every post on that page to extend beyond the page to the right. You have to scroll to read the entire line.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:56 pm Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
If it is not affecting other browsers and no-one else has reported any problems, it sounds like a problem with your browser specifically.
What version of IE? Have you tried clearing cookies and cache? Does the same thing happen in inprivate mode?

It's IE 11 and it's up to date. Clearing cookies and cache didn't solve it, and the problem persists in inprivate mode too. I've tried browsers on other computers and only with Internet Explorer is there an issue.

Like I said, it was working fine until the forum font got changed.

Touma wrote:
I do not understand what this is about.
Where and why are images being resized in the forums?
How would I know if an image was resized, or was not resized if it should have been?

Resized, not resized.
Touma

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:16 pm Reply with quote
I guess that it is working for me in Firefox.

The image that Alan45 mentioned does not cause a horizontal scroll, even if I shrink the browser window.

The picture in the character guessing game does look what Vaisaga says is not resized, but I think that is because I have the "sidebar" at the bottom of the page.

Apparently this is something that I never noticed simply because it is working properly, for me.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:01 pm Reply with quote
Touma wrote:
The picture in the character guessing game does look what Vaisaga says is not resized, but I think that is because I have the "sidebar" at the bottom of the page.

Hm, curious, when I minimize the sidebar in Firefox the image stays resized. In Internet Explorer it might forcefully minimize the sidebar (as in my screenshot) or it'll just shove the side bar further to the side and whatever ad on the page will cover the top most post.
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:55 am Reply with quote
I can't address this. Dan's on vacation for two weeks, but I'll make sure he sees it when he gets back.

-t
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:34 am Reply with quote
Man, sometimes it gets so screwy that it's actually kind of hilarious Laughing

Vaisaga

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:47 am Reply with quote
Tempest wrote:
I can't address this. Dan's on vacation for two weeks, but I'll make sure he sees it when he gets back.

-t

So it's been awhile. Has he had a chance to look into this yet?
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:20 pm Reply with quote
Thank you for the reminder, I just fixed the problem.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:11 pm Reply with quote
Fixing confirmed. Thank you very much Smile
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1