• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Natsume's Book of Friends Season 5 Reveals Visual, Returning Cast

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Storm101

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:20 am Reply with quote
Is there enough material for a 6th season? Looks like we got 1 & 2 and 3 & 4 in split-cour pairs, so maybe...
Kimiko_0

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:38 am Reply with quote
And, since Aniplex is involved, will they allow NISA to continue publishing this in English? Sad
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:57 am Reply with quote
SO HYPED.
SouthPacific

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:26 am Reply with quote
So happy to see this get a 5th season. Many shows barely get two, so five whole seasons is just amazing. And Natsume sure deserves it Very Happy!

Kimiko_0 wrote:
And, since Aniplex is involved, will they allow NISA to continue publishing this in English? Sad

I wouldn't say that it's as much about Aniplex allowing rather than NISA wanting. They've been moving away from anime for quite a while now, and i'd think LL Sunshine going to Funimation cements that.

If NISA however would pick it up i'd be really happy. I've got all NISA PEs of Natsume Yuujinchou and adding the 5th season to that collection would be great. But if not NISA, I sure hope Aniplex releases it themselves.
Jetstream2

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:20 am Reply with quote
Kimiko_0 wrote:

It says in the article that NAS is producing the fifth season. Aniplex isn't even mentioned at all...

The Aniplex logo wasn't on any of NIS America's releases of Seasons 1-4. That means another company had international rights for the show, since the Aniplex logo is usually on the release somewhere when Funimation, Sentai etc. licensed a show from them. Whoever had the international rights for the previous seasons (the NIS America releases didn't say who they got it from) will probably get them again. I doubt Aniplex will have any say in who gets to license it.

If NIS America is done with Anime, I'm guessing Sentai will get it. I know I sure don't want Aniplex to have the US rights to this show. If they did, they would probably treat it the same way they treated Mushi-Shi Season 2 and not even give it a release at all...
Blackiris_

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:25 am Reply with quote
Storm101 wrote:
Is there enough material for a 6th season? Looks like we got 1 & 2 and 3 & 4 in split-cour pairs, so maybe...

I don't know how much the previous seasons adapted, but since the end of S4 7 new volumes of the manga have been released. Assuming that S4 adapted the material until manga vol. 12 or 13, about 3 volumes were adapted per season which easily leaves enough material for a potential S6.
Elves

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:31 pm Reply with quote
Jetstream2 wrote:
Kimiko_0 wrote:

It says in the article that NAS is producing the fifth season. Aniplex isn't even mentioned at all...

Hallelujah.

Kimiko_0 wrote:
If NIS America is done with Anime, I'm guessing Sentai will get it. I know I sure don't want Aniplex to have the US rights to this show. If they did, they would probably treat it the same way they treated Mushi-Shi Season 2 and not even give it a release at all...

I know, right!? Sheesh. Mushi-Shi has a following, granted it's probably not as big as what Aniplex thinks it should have, but I know I'd buy it. And even though NISA has slowed down in anime licensing I think it'd be a real shame not to have a matching premium edition boxset next to my other seasons for Natsume. Just sayin' hint-hint-nudge-nudge-wink-wink. Anime smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1