• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
New Anime Project for Read or Die Novels Considered

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gwdone

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:15 am Reply with quote
Read or Die.... YEP... Stupid me. I didn't have the cash for the Aniplex book fold out version and have totally missed out on that anime.
Now of course it's impossible to find for a reasonable price. Yeah you can get it used on Amazon via some lick pricks price of $340.00, but no thanks on all that action.
I should have caught the subliminal translation of the title when released---
"Buy or Die"
Madalina Maria

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:09 pm Reply with quote
I'm so happy!!! My childhood is back! I really loved R.O.D. TV.
Kalessin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:08 pm Reply with quote
"Under consideration" seems like kind of a weird way of putting it. Usually, they'd either announce a new anime or not. "Under consideration" is more like what you'd expect from an interview where the director or writer or whoever wants fans to think that there's still a chance without actually committing to anything rather than the sort of thing that you put in print with the actual book. Maybe they're trying to see how much of a stir it causes so that they can gauge the interest of the fans before they actually commit to doing anything.

tootbrush wrote:
I'd be satisfied if somebody just licensed the novels.

That would definitely be awesome, but I'm not sure that it's very likely. Shueisha is the publisher, and I don't think that any of their light novels have ever been published in English yet. So, aside from how awesome it would be for Read or Die fans, it could be a pretty big deal if Read or Die got officially translated just because it could indicate that we're going to start seeing Shueisha titles officially translated into English (though maybe some of what's out there in English is from Shueisha, and I just didn't realize it).

Interestingly enough, Shueisha did send baka-tsuki a DCMA take-down last Fall for their titles that baka-tsuki had fan translations for. So, that could be a sign that they're looking for at least some of their titles to be released in the US, and Read or Die would likely be a very good candidate for that. We'll just have to wait and see though.
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:11 pm Reply with quote
I would be thrilled for more anime adaptations of either Yomiko's adventures of the Paper Sisters. Very Happy
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:49 pm Reply with quote
That would be fantastic. Smile
Thread_Alchemist

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:14 pm Reply with quote
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!

I would love to see more R.O.D. anime. Especially if that gives the novels a bump in popularity. Then maybe other regions can get them as well.
Joe Carpenter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:47 pm Reply with quote
YES! YES! YES! Shocked

R.O.D The TV is my all time favorite anime, the idea of getting anything new R.O.D related is unbearably exciting, while I would love a continuation of where R.O.D The TV left off, adaptions of the original novels or even just the original novels translated into English finally would be enough.

Seriously though, I can't believe this is real, after all these years and this franchise seemingly being forgotten I can't believe R.O.D is finally showing signs of life! Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2