• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Handa-kun (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vonPeterhof

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 3:16 am Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
Well, you're the language maven - in what other languages could even bad handwriting create that confusion? I suppose they exist, but I'd think it's a rarity since neither is exactly a message you want to be unclear about. Smile
The corresponding verb forms in many Slavic languages also differ in just one letter, but I guess few people have a handwriting bad enough to make i hard to distinguish from u, or и from у Smile But yeah, a suicide note which just says "(I'll) die" would be pretty ambiguous even without the handwriting issue, so it's stretching believability for the sake of comedy either way.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 2:54 am Reply with quote
killjoy_the wrote:
I don't know if I'm hearing it right, but does the OP scream "JUST KILL ME"?

Close. It's "Just tell me!" Very Happy

Episode 5

Sometimes this series has a wicked edge to it that cuts to the bone. Smile
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:33 am Reply with quote
I was kind of hoping that it would look like Handa was teaching a lesson to the student president that the way she was treating males was disproportioned and based on some idea of males, which does not exist but happens to be how amnesiac Handa acts. Which would create a really ironic situation. The president is a super sexist, which kind of made me laugh when the vice president started giving back equal attitude back at the end.

Miyoko crazy chasing after him for a kiss was probably my favourite bit.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:03 am Reply with quote
I really hope the student council president returns later in the series. For the brief time she's been there, I've been quite entertained especially by her reactions to Handa's mere presence.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:46 am Reply with quote
Episode 6

So Handa has a rival, who is terrified of him, and Handa does not even know he exists. The dog scene was funny surprise and funny in general.

I think what really capped off the episode was the fortune telling. Specifically that she thinks it is really sketchy that apparently his future has him unmarried, but surrounded by 5 to 7 children within the next several years. The funny thing, something hinted by silhouettes, is that these are the island kids from Barakamon; Naru, Hina, the three boys, and the other two... it appears to be a girl with pigtails and I think another girl that I think had something in her hair... perhaps just younger versions of Tamako and Miwa, or character not introduced?
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:05 am Reply with quote
Man, with friends like Kawafuji who needs enemies? I just want to punt his sadistic ass to the moon.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:34 am Reply with quote
Out of all the segments this week, I think I like the one with the guy trying to "compete" against Handa in a race the most.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
femblem17

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:33 am Reply with quote
Now this looks funny as heck I wonder whats when will it come out with it second season. see thats the problem with anime they only come out with short seasons bleach has a lot of ep and I like the cartoon very much along with street fighter 2 animated cartooon! I think that the cartoons should last longer And I always thought this.
I also think that the cartoons should be more vibrant with color. like I think they should draw more.

Edited post to remove picture and add in phrase from serial posts. --willag
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:07 pm Reply with quote
I tried watching the first episode... did anyone else notice the soundtrack wanted to break out in "Under Pressure" or were my ears lying to me? I found that to be more distracting than the meta humour- British spelling, really? Oh right, "Under Pressure"- about a guy who's already had an anime series getting an anime series... and then they mention the original series, bleeped out.

My thought? Either Jurassic World or the Force Awakens and their "movie as movie characters" structures really bothered the writer of this series. Let me check some references... Genshiken? Kujibiki Unbalance? Sounds about right.

Especially Kujibiki. Great show, kind of. I mean, I only ever saw the first one, the clip show and the second to last episode cliffhanger. I'll get around to watching the whole thing one of these days.

Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:29 pm Reply with quote
Episode 7:

Honestly, I wasn't really into the first segment about Handa and the other students' exam scores.

The second one about the librarian girl (voiced by Rie Kugimiya I think) was much more amusing. The way she forms her delusions about Handa and her lifestyle at the school made me curious about some of the other potential minor characters (like the student council president we've seen already in one of the previous episodes)
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 5:06 am Reply with quote
A character voiced by Rie Kugimiya automatically gets extra points. On top of that, a somewhat creepy bookish girl, she raised up to being a liked character to me. But who is the better yandere?
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:21 am Reply with quote
Episode 8

For some reason I thought they were going camping this week. oO

I don't understand why I get so much pleasure just watching the characters walk to the music in the ED. It's incredibly soothing and almost as cool looking as watching characters dance.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:40 am Reply with quote
It was a nice touch for them to switch the characters in the ED over to the alternate group from the other school. Of course Handa has a terrible time while convincing his 'rival' to appreciate his friends, by taking what he is saying incorrectly.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:59 am Reply with quote
Ah that Ichiya guy annoyed me a little at first because of his personality. However, I think his role in this week's episode made that field trip more entertaining because of the school rivalries.

Funny ending as well.
Poor Handa D:
LordMaou

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:16 pm Reply with quote
Poor Handa indeed.

I enjoyed how Yukio evolved inside the Handa Force this episode. Before he was basically always like why am I here. Then was out protecting Handa and snapped at the end of the episode.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3