• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Macross Delta (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:04 pm Reply with quote
VicViper_Mk2 wrote:
On another note, forget about choosing Mirage or Freyja, I think he just stepped on the Harem route.

I think you mean the "You're both my wings!" route.
Wrangler

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:53 pm Reply with quote
More i watch this series, more i think i know where it's going.

NUNS is chief bad guy, their trying manipulate things from the background, while perhaps taking too heavy of hand in peace keeping.

I think that Keith is likely the next King for the Windemere, perhaps Freyja is going be involved with that. For some reason initially, i felt that Freyja and Hayato, the combat dancer, is likely going have a sad ending with them not getting together. Not unlike Minmay's relationship with Hikaru.

I think Mikumo may have tragic end, while Freyja will end up picking up the baton and finish what Mikumo started. As for Mikumo's origin, i had speculated she was mix of something to do when Protoculture and possibly mix of someone one from Macross history. I kept thinking Minmay, but i don't think it can be if producers say they're not going have anything to do with them in this show. So....Mira? She exMilitary, Meltran (female Zentraedi), been a leader of civilian organization. Unless the Macross 7 colony fleet didn't pass leadership along, it could be her.

I think NUNS going get it's back broken (so to speak) with events of the show. Either way, the mass-mind control network is likely going be destroyed, but how it will effect galaxy is still murky. Before they declared they'd liberate the galaxy and destroy NUNS, i thought perhaps Windmeres were going to do succeed to a degree. However, now that fight being moved to Windmere itself is going to put end to the fight. Roid or Lloyd (i found translation that said Roid is how Lloyd is pronounced in Japanese) is likely going take fall as well, with Keith taking the control.
Cam0

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:35 pm Reply with quote
I really like those dog fight sequences that look like something I saw in an Ace Combat game once. Like the camera is right behind the fighter/(mecha), following it. Looks cool. Awesome when combined with the music.

I've been thinking about it for a while, but is the green Macross captain just always in his micro form? Probably so that he can fit inside the Macross ship, but normally he'd be a giant, right?
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:07 pm Reply with quote
My personal fan theory time,spoiler[Hayate is part Windmerean, his Father's identity being ambiguous helps with this.
The so called galactic scale "mind control" attempt was likely a NUNS black ops plan in the first place, this would make sense for why Hayate's father could see it as a "lesser evil" to blow up the NUNS base along with the mother of his child who probably was on the base for part of the experiment.]
Beltane70

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:10 pm Reply with quote
Cam0 wrote:

I've been thinking about it for a while, but is the green Macross captain just always in his micro form? Probably so that he can fit inside the Macross ship, but normally he'd be a giant, right?

Actually, despite his large size and green complexion, Earnest Johnson, is half-Zentradi and half-Human. As such, there's a fair chance that he may never have been a giant.
Cam0

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:30 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for the info. Another question if I may. Razz Reina has those pointy ears, so does she have some alien blood in her? The wiki says that Michael from Frontier is human, but he has those pointy ears too. So do both them have like a little bit of Zentradi blood or what's up with that?
Beltane70

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:16 pm Reply with quote
Cam0 wrote:
Thanks for the info. Another question if I may. Razz Reina has those pointy ears, so does she have some alien blood in her? The wiki says that Michael from Frontier is human, but he has those pointy ears too. So do both them have like a little bit of Zentradi blood or what's up with that?

Macross has a big tendency of providing quite a bit of background information in sources outside of the shows themselves.

So far, there hasn't been mention of whether Reina is part Human, part alien, or a different race all together.

Michael's wiki is in error in describing him as merely Human. One of the novelizations mentions that Michael is half Human and half Zolan, a race which appears in the Macross Dynamite 7 OVAs. There is, however, some earlier information that contradicts what is said in the Frontier novel and claims that Humans and Zolans aren't genetically compatible.
VicViper_Mk2

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:19 pm Reply with quote
Anyone have any idea what this "Starwind Sector" the Windmerean keeps mentioning is? Is it the local area around their planet? Any significant meaning?
Cam0

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:11 am Reply with quote
@Beltane70

Thanks!
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:55 am Reply with quote
Cam0 wrote:

It's pretty safe to assume if a character has pointy ears they have some alien blood in them.

VicViper_Mk2 wrote:
Anyone have any idea what this "Starwind Sector" the Windmerean keeps mentioning is? Is it the local area around their planet? Any significant meaning?

You know that star chart with the overlapping triangular pyramids they keep showing? It's that.
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:51 pm Reply with quote
Episode 22

Solid episode, really liked how Mikumo and Mirage both helped out their comrades when they needed the most. In particular, Mikumo and Hayate were also able to get Freyja on track when she feared about singing again.

As for Cassim, it's too bad he had to die. Not very surprising since there were many death flags on him already but still sad to realize. Be became one of my favorite male characters in the series.

I hope we don't get too many flashbacks next time.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Wrangler

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:27 pm Reply with quote
Episode 22

spoiler[I do not get how Frejya AND Mirage were able help Hayato from his killing frenzy from the singing. Freyja yes i she could have using the "The Wind" to help him, with possibly Mikumo doing same thing, but Mirage? How? She had no singing abilities, no in-bedded Var crystals or anything jewelry made out of the stuff. How did she help him?

It was action pack episode, too bad about Cassim's splashy ending. I know his deathflag was up for while, but i didn't think it be so...pointless? Sorry for the sarcasm. I do wonder how their infiltration team going penetrate Windermere defenses and sabotage the Protoculture supership. ]
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:41 pm Reply with quote
Wrangler wrote:
Episode 22

spoiler[I do not get how Frejya AND Mirage were able help Hayato from his killing frenzy from the singing. Freyja yes i she could have using the "The Wind" to help him, with possibly Mikumo doing same thing, but Mirage? How? She had no singing abilities, no in-bedded Var crystals or anything jewelry made out of the stuff. How did she help him?
]

Because Hayate is indeed smitten by Mirage, otherwise it does indeed make 0 sense.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:41 pm Reply with quote
Wrangler wrote:
Episode 22

spoiler[I do not get how Frejya AND Mirage were able help Hayato from his killing frenzy from the singing. Freyja yes i she could have using the "The Wind" to help him, with possibly Mikumo doing same thing, but Mirage? How? She had no singing abilities, no in-bedded Var crystals or anything jewelry made out of the stuff. How did she help him? ]

By talking to him like a normal person?
VicViper_Mk2

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:17 pm Reply with quote
Episode 23

I'm a bit speechless, 3 episodes left and we have to dedicate one to talk about things the audience already knows?

Hurray for Seikan Hikō... Holding out hope for crossover.

Mikumo blushes for the first time, which gives Makina duo the perfect opportunity to tease her. Not caring for the fact that they're on the enemy's homebase, which is already on alert, and instead choose to have chow right out in the open.

Meanwhile, Hayate goes off scouting, and both Freyja and Mirage are trying to figure out how to tell the other person that they like Hayate more. Just out with it already.

If they ever make it out alive, they really need to take a course on Infiltration 101. Apparently they haven't learned their mistake from that screw-up on Voldor.

Mikumo knows martial arts, that's something you don't see in a Macross songstress. But all it takes is a single Directive 4 sentence from Roid and she's out like a light. Great, few minutes in and half the team is already captured.

The Windermerean have somehow preserved the VF-22 Hayate's dad used, so where is his dad's body, did they kill him? Who wants to bet that 22 is going to be used later on?

Finally, Mikumo tied up with rope. God knows what Roid is planning.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 17 of 20