• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The List - 6 Families You Don't Want to Cross

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
One-Eye

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:25 am Reply with quote
For the Poll:
Vicious and Kirei Kotomine can be found to be lovable? Err...I don't know about that. I thought the list would be populated with goofy villains or maybe some anti-villains.
sailorsweeper

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:39 am Reply with quote
Favorite Manga Creator list is missing a work for Koaru Mori Emma A Victorian Romance which came out before A Bride's Story
cloud8100

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:45 am Reply with quote
Damn I missed that last poll. Have to go with Betelgeuse for this one though Very Happy.
chaccide

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:47 am Reply with quote
Someone didn't watch Hunter x Hunter, because the Zoldyck family tops any on this list. They're terrifying.
Merida

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:48 am Reply with quote
None of my "fave manga creator" choices made the top 20...

As for the new poll, perhaps "antagonist" would have been a better term,
SnowyLightning44

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:06 pm Reply with quote
For the poll I picked Team Rocket, Izaya Orihara and Kaiki Deishu, the first one because I just help but like them with they're goofy nature, Izaya because even though he is pretty weird his character felt well written based on that and Kaiki spoiler[because of his comedic interactions with Senjougahara in the Monogatari Series' 'Koimonogatari' Arc]

Also I'm happy Hiromu Arakawa got the top spot on the previous poll because I love both of his works listed

Last edited by SnowyLightning44 on Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Valhern

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:07 pm Reply with quote
This one is clearly missing the Zoldyck family, now them I wouldn't like to cross paths with.

One-Eye wrote:
For the Poll:
Vicious and Kirei Kotomine can be found to be lovable? Err...I don't know about that. I thought the list would be populated with goofy villains or maybe some anti-villains.

Kirei in Heaven's Feel is a freaking dork...for the most part.
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:12 pm Reply with quote
If this came out a bit later, then the spoiler[Vinsmoke Family] from One Piece should definitely take the list. Or the spoiler[Charlotte Family], who are vicious and brutal in a different way. The former spoiler[conquered the North Blue by killing all of the countries' leaders. The Vinsmoke children are now large-scale mercenaries for hire, paid by countries to destroy other countries' armies.] The latter spoiler[makes up the influence of Big Mom, one of the Four Emperors whose network stretches across the New World and whose family members have been defeating Worst Generation pirates left and right.]
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:38 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
yet Tokiomi Tohsaka is totally cool with offering up his spare daughter for torture to maintain some sorcerer family allegiance. His wife is equally culpable, doing nothing once her husband breaks the news.

I feel like the anime glanced over one very important point in that choice: there was no way Sakura was going to end up fine in the Tohsaka household either. Given her attribute, she either would be studied by the Magic Association (and probably killed/tortured) or have to be given to another family. Had Sakura been the one Tokiomi gave the family's legacy to, then Rin would've been the one studied by the Magic Association or given to another family, because of her attributes. Tohsaka Tokiomi having two kids, given that only one can inherit the family's magic, was incredibly stupid, and both Nasu and Urobuchi just kind of shrug it off with a "he did it while Rin was sick so he thought she wasn't gonna make it".

Of course, the dude's still a dick for trying to pass that off as a way to get the Holy Grail regardless of which family it goes to, but I feel like that facet is at least important enough to note, and it was completely brushed off in the anime.
varmintx

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:40 pm Reply with quote
*Ctril+F, "Ladd"* Yep, there he is. How can you not love this psycho?
GATSU

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:54 pm Reply with quote
Reborn didn't get a mention.
vonPeterhof

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:12 pm Reply with quote
Kinda tempted to write in spoiler[Nadeko Sengoku] for the poll, but that would sort of be a spoiler for Monogatari Series Second Season (even if the anime itself arguably spoils it within the first few minutes of the arc in question). Likewise spoiler[Berthold and Reiner] from Attack on Titan for those who haven't been reading the manga.
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:38 pm Reply with quote
Nice to see Zouken and his dickworms (kudos on nailing the terminology, btw) at the top of the list.

But no Horikoshi on the top 20 mangaka list? I'm disappointed.
Animechic420

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:38 pm Reply with quote
varmintx wrote:
*Ctril+F, "Ladd"* Yep, there he is. How can you not love this psycho?

I ditto that. Razz
SejinPK

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 2:03 pm Reply with quote
Re: the poll, I wish you could choose more than 3, but oh well. But yeah, Kaiki. Definitely Kaiki. My other choices were Izaya and Lust, mainly because of what they did with her character in the 2003 anime.

My honorable mentions would be Ladd, Team Rocket, Master Asia, and some others not listed, such as spoiler[Ragyou Kiryuuin (Kill la Kill)], spoiler[Nadeko Sengoku], spoiler[Ougi Oshino], and Rouka Numachi (Monogatari Series), Makoto Shishio (Rurouni Kenshin), and Younger Toguro, Mukuro, and Yomi (Yu Yu Hakusho).

Also, I love that there's a villain whose actual name is Milquetoast Allied General. I can't stop giggling at that.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3