• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The List - 6 Families You Don't Want to Cross

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Guus van Voorst

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 2:39 pm Reply with quote
Zoldyck family should be in this list... seriously...

My favorite Mangaka are still (top 3): Miura Kentaro, Shiina Takashi, and Togashi Yoshihiro...
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 2:49 pm Reply with quote
For "Most Lovable Villain," I voted for Fate Testarossa (although based on her circumstances involving her mother, I think she was less of a villain and more of a victim). I loved how she and Nanoha became friends after their fierce battles against one another.

There's Kyuubey, whose smile is adorable to watch for some while fearful to others due to his stoic views towards apocalyptic moments.

And then there's Team Rocket, whose desires to steal Ash's Pikachu and other rare Pokémon remains strong, yet always unfulfilled due to their plans being constantly thwarted.
Jonny Mendes

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 3:08 pm Reply with quote
The Ainsworth family in Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya maybe is the most powerful family of all Fate universes. Not as creepy as the Matou or cold as Tohsaka but more powerful than both.

Fate Testarossa a villain?? She is more a rival of Nanoha and victim off her mother than a villain. The one on the pool should be Precia Testarossa.

My vote goes to Kyubey. How could something so cute be so dark.
danpmss

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 3:36 pm Reply with quote
As expected, the Ushiromiya Family is in here.
spoiler[Kinzo alone would made them go to the number one spot imo, knowing his backstory]
kotelo_

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 3:36 pm Reply with quote
These people should seriously stop with the stay night spoilers.
Hellsoldier

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:21 pm Reply with quote
Fate (Nanoha), Izaya (DURARARA!) and Kyubey (Madoka Magica) are my choices. One is an anti-villian and victim, the other is a maniac that I'm fond with, and the other is a cold manipulative maniac who does what he does for the sake of the Universe (still wrong... but still).

As for the others? Let's see... Gilgamesh? No! Shougo? Hell No. I understand both their reasoning, but no. Vicious? OH HELL F****** NO!!!
Yamaji

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:54 pm Reply with quote
I'd nominate the Leonelli family from Heat GuyJ
mglittlerobin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 5:14 pm Reply with quote
Animechic420 wrote:
varmintx wrote:
*Ctril+F, "Ladd"* Yep, there he is. How can you not love this psycho?

I ditto that. Razz

I voted Ladd and Kirei, but mainly rooting for Ladd, just because he has so much fun being bad!
peno

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 5:15 pm Reply with quote
Goushou Aoyama not getting to top 20 and Akira Toriyama 14th? They are both much better then most of the people who made it to the list and definitely better than the top 2 choices Arakawa and Oda. Seriously, Fullmetal Alchemist was great, but not better then not only Toriyama and Aoyama, but also CLAMP, Rumiko Takahashi or Takeshi Obata's work, all of whom deserves to be much higher. Then there's One Piece, with interesting pirate idea, but writing that is making it more and more bellow average. He should've ended it years ago.

Mr. Oshawott wrote:

And then there's Team Rocket, whose desires to steal Ash's Pikachu and other rare Pokémon remains strong, yet always unfulfilled due to their plans being constantly thwarted.

Team Rocket? Seriously? They are one of most annoying villains, who makes Pokémon anime very predictable and stereotypical. They are why I stopped watching Pokémon after they turned them back to this stupid goofy way in the last BW season. For the sake of Pokémon anime, they should be written off, finally. That's my opinion.

As for my loveble villain, it's definitely Sasuke Uchiha. Oh, come on, he was villain during most of the original manga/series yet, he was still loved by many fans. And Orochimaru also deserves to be on the list. As for the last, I am leaning to go with Pilaf. Yes, he was laughable, but he wasn't predictable like Team Rocket. On the contrary, a lot of time, he actually made the story more interesting.
Kazemon15

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 5:36 pm Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
Reborn didn't get a mention.

Agreed. No Millifiore family who destroyed countless dimensions and took over many worlds?
SkerllyF

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:39 pm Reply with quote
To Lynzee: At least can you make a "The List" segment about the best Tournament Arcs in manga and anime? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:34 pm Reply with quote
peno wrote:
Goushou Aoyama not getting to top 20 and Akira Toriyama 14th? They are both much better then most of the people who made it to the list and definitely better than the top 2 choices Arakawa and Oda. Seriously, Fullmetal Alchemist was great, but not better then not only Toriyama and Aoyama, but also CLAMP, Rumiko Takahashi or Takeshi Obata's work, all of whom deserves to be much higher. Then there's One Piece, with interesting pirate idea, but writing that is making it more and more bellow average. He should've ended it years ago.

I find it interesting you think how the writing in One Piece is below average and how Oda should've ended it sooner while feeling some type of way about Gosho Aoyama not getting ranked higher (as he drags out Detective Conan) and Toriyama who if you actually reassess his writing especially as it pertains to his Golden Goose DragonBall his writing missed the mark almost as often as it hit it.
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:35 pm Reply with quote
beatrice from umineko is one of the most lovable villains for me, along with char aznable, char is pretty well know so I will talka obut beatrice and how the horrible suffering she goes through shapes her up as an abomination of a human being.
Gemnist

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:28 pm Reply with quote
Does anyone else think that Schneizel spoiler[teamed up with VV, had Marianne killed, made Lelouch become Zero, made Cornelia Suzaku and Nina go insane via Euphemia's death to make the FLEIJA launch, and then had Lelouch kill Charles by hiding Nunnally just so that he could nuke the planet?] I don't mind elaborating if you don't believe me.
Agent355

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:33 pm Reply with quote
SnowyLightning44 wrote:

Also I'm happy Hiromu Arakawa got the top spot on the previous poll because I love both of his works listed

Her works! "Hiromu" is her pen name; her real name is Hiromi. She has transmuted (I.e., given birth to) 3 humans. Wink

I'm glad she won because she has a lot of works I'd love to see brought over here, especially Silver Spoon, but Viz has hesitated. The more popular she is, the bigger the chance it'll be published in English in America. Some more fun info on her: Crunchyroll's Mangaka Spotlight: Hiromu Arakawa
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3