• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The List - 6 Families You Don't Want to Cross

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dextres

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:48 am Reply with quote
For lovable villians I chose Zeref and Team Rocket. Zeref(the side without red eyes). And team rocket for nostalgic reasons.

Regarding the six families, yes the matou family is correct to be placed on #1...especially from what I seen from Heaven feel's visual novel Shocked
AnimeLordLuis

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 6:31 am Reply with quote
My vote for most lovable villains go to the Demon Sisters Scanty and Kneesocks from Panty & Stocking because everything they do is pure perfection. Very Happy
Tensai GinAce

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:50 am Reply with quote
I HAD to vote for kaiki ! he's character is beyond perfect I love it !!
also voted for Aizen and Hisoka.
Also I really can't understand how people can love spoiler[Sengoku Nadeko] She's easily in my most hated characters and not just in the monogatari series, but in everything in general.
I felt exactly the same as Senjougahara when she told her:
spoiler["Sorry, but I hate cute brats like you more than my former self, Sengoku Nadeko-san"]
and if you watched the series then you know that "cute" is not about her appearance.
spoiler[But maybe this actually makes her a good villain since I hate her this much]
ANN_Lynzee
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:34 pm Reply with quote
SkerllyF wrote:
To Lynzee: At least can you make a "The List" segment about the best Tournament Arcs in manga and anime? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

This is a great idea!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
jr240483

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 1:49 pm Reply with quote
One-Eye wrote:
For the Poll:
Vicious and Kirei Kotomine can be found to be lovable? Err...I don't know about that. I thought the list would be populated with goofy villains or maybe some anti-villains.

that also left my head scratching as well. popular? yes. hated? definitely(though they wouldnt outdo Light Yagami). but lovable? HELL NO!

Accelerator , Team Rocket and that deceptive mascot from madoka magica i can get. especially in accelerator's case since people liked to cheer for the guy. there is a reason why even he got his own manga spinoff after all.

as for the list, i was not surprised that lelouch's family is number 2 on this list (at least none of the evil genes didn't passed on to Yufie or Nunnally).

and those two families from FSN definitely earned being in the top of this list. any father who would just give up his own daughter like if she's lamb on a meat market deserves this title.and i definitely dont feel sorry for Aoi's fate at the slightest considering that she didn't do anything to stop it. especially if its to the matou's who are all not up there. Kariya from fate/zero definitely got the shot end of the stick being born in that family since he was the more sane one until he joined the war.

then again i'm surprised that shiro's dad didn't get a mention since his dad's magic is turning people into psuedo zombies. if i had a dad like that i probably would have put a bullet in his head as well and become a "mage killer" as well.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ChoGGi

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:31 am Reply with quote
Erm It's only a father/daughter team, but the Momoi family from Mezzo Forte always seemed pretty nasty to me.

For the Poll:
Robot 444-1 from "The Order to Stop Construction"
(soft spot for robots)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
animalia555

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:32 am Reply with quote
I picked Riko Mine Lupin IV from Aria I have read some fan translations of the light novels and the way thatspoiler[ she was used and treated by Vlad as an inferior descendent whose only real purpose was to bear the next Lupin broke my heart. Seriously listen to hoer tails of being called "Brood Bitch"] and try to stay stoic. Even if you don't feel like it justifies what she has done I be t it will at least make you angry at what was done to her.
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:09 am Reply with quote
Yeah,no kidding. After what I read about some of them,I'm just glad they aren't real. I probably wouldn't last very long without some form of help or superpower.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3