• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Pokémon Sun & Moon Games' Trailer Introduces Aether Foundation, Version Differences

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:34 pm Reply with quote
Considering that Alolan Raticate is heavier than standard Raticate, I think it'll be a bit slower, but have slightly higher defensive stats.

Judging from the shape of Type: Null's ring, its appearance may have been inspired by Arceus.
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:32 pm Reply with quote
"take pictures while you play pokemon!" so you can play Pokémon Go while you are playing Pokémon, what the...!
Cetais

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:50 pm Reply with quote
FenixFiesta wrote:
"take pictures while you play pokemon!" so you can play Pokémon Snap while you are playing Pokémon, what the...!
FTFY.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 3:36 pm Reply with quote
I am so HYPED.
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 3:58 pm Reply with quote
Gotta admit, I'm actually really excited about the idea of having something like Pokemon Snap in the new games. o.o It might be really fun to do as a post-game activity, since at least right now it looks like it's not something that will affect the storyline directly. But who knows, I could be wrong!

So with the time thing... does this mean that even if I started playing around noon on Pokemon Moon, it would still be nighttime? I'm a little confused on the time differences between the two games, since it's making it seem like your 3DS time doesn't matter.
Dessa

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:08 pm Reply with quote
Yea, some reports say its a 12-hour offset, this implies Sun is ONLY day, and Moon is ONLY night.
wonderwomanhero

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:40 pm Reply with quote
Oh I don't know if I like the idea of it always day or always night Sad

Playing at night it might be too dark....like on the screen. Sad
Gis4Gamer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:51 pm Reply with quote
wonderwomanhero wrote:
Oh I don't know if I like the idea of it always day or always night Sad

Playing at night it might be too dark....like on the screen. Sad

I don't think the time is fixed in the games. I believe that Pokémon Moon will be 12 hours ahead of your real time. So when it is day in real life it is night in Pokémon Moon.
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:32 pm Reply with quote
I'm psyched for these games. I don't love the idea of the huge time difference but if it's adjustable like Crystal was then maybe it'll be more enjoyable. Like a lotta people have said, I just hope that it doesn't mean Moon = constant darkness, since that's the version I'm leaning towards getting.

Is it wrong to think Lusamine's and Gladion's designs are friggin' hot? Laughing If I'm going to Hell anyway I might as well make an entrance.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:48 pm Reply with quote
Ashen Phoenix wrote:
Is it wrong to think Lusamine's and Gladion's designs are friggin' hot? Laughing If I'm going to Hell anyway I might as well make an entrance.

No way; I'm totally in love with Lusamine's appearance! Anime catgrin
Futago_101

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:51 pm Reply with quote
Gis4Gamer is basically correct in terms of time in the game.

To clarify the time difference between versions, straight from the official Sun and Moon website:

"Except for a few scenes, time in Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon is tied to the actual time. Pokémon Sun operates on the same time as your Nintendo 3DS system, but time in the world of Pokémon Moon is shifted by 12 hours."
GeneStriker

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:52 pm Reply with quote
Mr. Oshawott wrote:
Judging from the shape of Type: Null's ring, its appearance may have been inspired by Arceus.
Not just Arceus. Type: Null is a chimera composed mostly, if not entirely, of Legendary body parts. For example, his crest is one of Zekrom's wings, he has Arceus' ring, and his neck comes from Ho-Oh.
Monster Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:32 am Reply with quote
So I am pretty sure Jangmo-o is our base form pseudo legendary of the new generation. Being a dragon type is a big plus for this idea and it being cute but obvious growth to evolve into a badass final evolution means it is most likely our pseudo legendary.
KH91

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:58 am Reply with quote
Looks like Wicke just became my #1 reason to buy this game...specifically Moon.
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:58 am Reply with quote
Futago_101 wrote:
Gis4Gamer is basically correct in terms of time in the game.

To clarify the time difference between versions, straight from the official Sun and Moon website:

"Except for a few scenes, time in Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon is tied to the actual time. Pokémon Sun operates on the same time as your Nintendo 3DS system, but time in the world of Pokémon Moon is shifted by 12 hours."
Huh... so basically playing Moon is going to be a bit of a challenge then, but I guess it'll be a worthwhile challenge. Anime hyper
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2