• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Occultic;Nine TV Anime Reveals More of Cast, October 8 Debut, New Visual

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kamui85

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:58 am Reply with quote
Urgh from this art alone i get that gatchaman crowds, kiznaiver 'cool premise horrible snooze fest disappointment" feeling so i wont even bother with this one. Some times i really hate trends....
bassgs435

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:10 am Reply with quote
I'd really like to know how you can get that just from an image of the cast with a yellow background.. Seriously, sometimes this fear of "trends" ends up leading to really ridiculous statements and prejudices
I don't see any connection beetween GC and Kiznaiver that can be called a trend. Nor do I see how this released image connects O;9 to Kiznaiver and GC
relyat08

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:12 pm Reply with quote
Personally, I love this aesthetic. Plus, Gatchaman Crowds and Insight were flipping excellent, so I only see that as a positive.
And yeah, I don't see much about this that is all that similar to Kiznaiver, which wasn't nearly as bad as everyone says(and visually, it was honestly amazing), other than that it has supernatural elements.
KH91

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:20 pm Reply with quote
So was the visual a "Find Waldo" moment, but for the oppai?

Also, I saw TsudaKen and my first thought was "Let me guess. He's going to voice a certain type of character." Then I see his character and I was right. *sigh*
harminia

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:15 pm Reply with quote
Oh boy. Obligatory okama character.

Well, anyway, I'm still looking forward to this, because I generally like the designs and it sounds kinda cool. I'm curious to see how they make use of all these characters and their traits/abilities.
I think cosplay otaku detective is my fave at the moment.
But for the love of god, someone shrink that poor girl's boobs. I feel so sorry for her.
BlueOla

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:43 am Reply with quote
relyat08 wrote:
Personally, I love this aesthetic. Plus, Gatchaman Crowds and Insight were flipping excellent, so I only see that as a positive.
And yeah, I don't see much about this that is all that similar to Kiznaiver, which wasn't nearly as bad as everyone says(and visually, it was honestly amazing), other than that it has supernatural elements.

My thoughts exactly, thank you.
kamui85

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:34 am Reply with quote
bassgs435 wrote:
I'd really like to know how you can get that just from an image of the cast with a yellow background.. Seriously, sometimes this fear of "trends" ends up leading to really ridiculous statements and prejudices
I don't see any connection beetween GC and Kiznaiver that can be called a trend. Nor do I see how this released image connects O;9 to Kiznaiver and GC

How much do you want to bet? It doesn't take much effort to decipher a series tone with just 1 visual now days... usually there is some kind of connection between the design of such and what one would expect from the genre the series belongs to...
relyat08

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:39 am Reply with quote
kamui85 wrote:
bassgs435 wrote:

How much do you want to bet? It doesn't take much effort to decipher a series tone with just 1 visual now days... usually there is some kind of connection between the design of such and what one would expect from the genre the series belongs to...

Everyone says that about anime, but I feel like we get 3-5 series every season that either do the exact opposite, or are particularly vague about what they are going to be like.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:29 am Reply with quote
I have a feeling Funi will license this since they have gotten the other semicolon titles outside of fall 2007's "Myself; Yourself", which Sentai released released.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1