• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: March comes like a lion TV Anime's Promo Video Previews Bump of Chicken's Song

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:20 am Reply with quote
Sounds good. I like this preview better than the one previously shown as it's more complete. The quality also seems to match from the manga I've been reading so that's nice to see too.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Alabaster Spectrum

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:16 pm Reply with quote
It's an interesting and refreshing concept that they apparently aren't allowing Sony to just handpick their own music for this. Seems between that and the decidedly non-Monogatari artstyle that NHK is putting it's foot down and asserting some form of control over this project and how it's going to look and sound. Maybe there's a chance it won't turn out horrible for the sources fans after all if that's the case provided Shaft actually manages to keep up on the basic quality control for once. This industry is giving off a cheap and passionless vibe of late and that really needs to change already even if it won't by next year for sure. I still say Your Name looks like a good example to follow in looking at what they did right.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:23 pm Reply with quote
as expected, new BUMP music always sounds great. アンサー will be a great addition to the playlist. Why the Dailymotion embedd tho? Youtube video doesn't seem blocked anywhere I checked (US, UK, AU).
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:31 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
It also previews the opening theme song "Answer" by the rock band BUMP OF CHICKEN.

One can only wonder how much international interest in this band stems from their name alone. Chickens have no bumps of which I am aware, but that is not to say I take no interest in the matter.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
SejinPK

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:51 pm Reply with quote
Zin5ki wrote:
Quote:
It also previews the opening theme song "Answer" by the rock band BUMP OF CHICKEN.

One can only wonder how much international interest in this band stems from their name alone. Chickens have no bumps of which I am aware, but that is not to say I take no interest in the matter.

Haha I wondered about the name as well. I read something online a long time ago that said that the name is actually a bit of Engrish, with the intended meaning being something like "Attack of the Coward." Although, I don't know if that's actually true.
relyat08

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:58 pm Reply with quote
Alabaster Spectrum wrote:
Seems between that and the decidedly non-Monogatari artstyle that NHK is putting it's foot down and asserting some form of control over this project and how it's going to look and sound.

Or maybe that's just what Shinbo and SHAFT wanted to do. You know. I don't see why they would need to be forced by NHK to make it look like this. Rolling Eyes
Kon'Doriano

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:09 pm Reply with quote
One of the few titles this Fall that's actually promising. Definitely shows to be much more than a typical slice-of-nothing ever happens. I like the style and the premise so I'll give it a shot.
Dian Z

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:08 pm Reply with quote
Looking at the pvs thus far, it seems that SHAFT stays quite true to the manga style, visual-wise. I recognize those 'sketchy' backdrops which kinda give you heartwarming feeling.
relyat08

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:42 pm Reply with quote
Dian Z wrote:
Looking at the pvs thus far, it seems that SHAFT stays quite true to the manga style, visual-wise. I recognize those 'sketchy' backdrops which kinda give you heartwarming feeling.

Yeah, I'm curious who is working on the backgrounds. I agree, they look fantastic.
*...Ame to Yuki...*

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:41 pm Reply with quote
Shaft seems to have studied Production IG's adaptation of Chica Umeno's other manga Honey and Clover for background inspiration. But the character motion doesn't seem fluid enough. They can never reach Production IG's level of course but I hope they don't mess this up
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1